• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#51 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:39 PM

well, i made it up to the worlds worst toys r us and the neighboring target today. the target was pretty barren. not too many hotties, nothing new for universe other than wave 4 refreshers and the rest of the sections looked the same as the last time i hit it up. i think i'm going to have to have a little patience and wait out the period of time between wave shipments.

after leaving target i shot over to the world's worst toys r us. i sure go there a lot, don't i? i guess because it is the closest and they have been trying their damnedest to be less than the worst lately. anyway, they had a bunch of full pegs of universe this time. only problem is that they must be just stocking the pegs with what they already have in the back area. they had some wave 3 & 4 figures. i took the opportunity to get iron man #21. the rest of the figs held little to no interest to me. they're not getting more peg fodder but they do seem to be getting more of the 3-packs. they had more of them all. six of the im,ss,dd pack, and three each of the spidey pack and the army builder pack. i looked at the spidey packs yet again and found one that had really great paint apps. still didn't buy it. why? because it still sucks. you could paint the mona lisa on a cow pie but that's all it really is, nicely painted shizznit. i will forever stand by my initial and subsequent evaluations of this set. it is NOT good. they had lots of secret saturdays toys this time. quite a few exclusives even. the only problem with them is the price. $6 for a small figure? who's making these, the same clowns who price bakugan? jeepers. they don't seem to be selling that well around here though, so there's still hope for a clearance extravaganza. speaking of bakugan though, they did have some extremely cool new statues of bakugan dragons. don't know anything about the line other than they've got some really cool designs. i just wish they weren't priced so high. next to bakugan they had their gormiti section. last time i was there, they had gallons of 2-packs. this time they only had two pegs of them but they did have all of the new 5.5" figures and some series 1 4-packs. nothing that i could find that said series 2. they did have something i haven't seen in the stores yet though. 10-packs. 10 figs with cards for $20. not the worst price. all of the ones they had were series 1. keep an eye out for these if you're looking to score the first series.

i really wanted to go to more stores, but with the holiday traffic i decided to go and hole up in my fortress of solitude until the crazies get out of the state. i'm having a little buyers remorse over my classic iron man purchase. not so much that i don't like the figure, but that i spent the $7 on him. i'm sure i'd be able to find him somewhere for cheaper. i just didn't want to come home empty handed.

going toy shopping and coming home without any new scores is like going in for a liver transplant and coming out with a lobotomy. i'm neils degrasse-tyson, and that was the cosmic perspective.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#52 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:16 PM

I went shopping today as well. Hit up my favorite Wal-mart first, and they had another case of Handful of Heroes out, so I bought 4 packs, since that's all I could really afford due to my true mission....and it will cover my bases for the Contest I put up. :p But just in case not enough people enter I made sure to get some packs with figs I didn't have.

The biggest thing there was that they literally had 6 or more FULL pegs of Marvel Universe! Tons of Wave 3 and 4 figures! Red Hulks and all! And on Sale at that! $5.50 a pop! The XO: Wolverine figures as well, but none of the ones that I didn't already have were worth the mark down. I reluctantly left all the cool sale figures on the pegs, and again glared at the $5.00 marked down Rise of Cobra figs. I love them, but can't bring myself to pull the trigger. I then stopped at Target, and didn't find anything, but a very gorgeous young Black Woman, who stared straight through my soul! I think I turned Purple for a second. :o She was all that and a bag of ....Baby.... Crap. :p She was Hip Hop Video quality. :D Ahem....

Well I then got myself over to Toys'R'Evil, and what the crap? A new wave of Rise of Cobra figures??? Are these things selling, and we just aren't noticing it, cause they refresh the pegs constantly? I think I saw more of these figures today than anything! They had a battle damaged Storm shadow and everything. What sucks is no one store has all the figures on clearance. Wal-mart will have like 12 figs for $5 bucks, and then other stores will have all of them but at the full $8 buck mark. Lame. Alot of these newer waves look better too. Glad I can't afford them. I really don't have the room for another toy line anyways. But my first mission was the check to see if they had stocked the other 2 Marvel Universe 3 packs I have been looking for. And what do you know! I was planning on buying them from TRU online if they didn't when I got home. But they had 2 of each pack, so I picked out the best ones, and proceeded to shop around for more deals. They had some great sales too. Like the Kamen Rider figures were half off for $4 bucks a pop, almost walked out with them, but decided not to. I may pick up a set next time if the sale is still up. Anyway. Dan is right the Spidey 3 pack is pretty harsh, and one of the iceman figures looked like he was melting, or they didn't complete his paint applications, but the other looked pretty good. I noticed his arm was sort of jammed in the package crooked though, so I went back to the aisle to double check the other pack....WHAT THE CRAP!!!! Someone else literally came in behind me and snagged the remaining packs as I was strolling the Boy aisles! :o To think! I was mere minutes away from being stuck with that hideous iceman, or worse! NONE AT ALL! The other guy could have been out to buy them all. :lol: That was WAAAY To close for comfort. Especially since I've been waiting over a month and checking constantly every week for these things. :( I hope that doesn't happen again.

After that I had a little extra scratch left, so I ran into my favorite music store and picked up some anime at a good price, then ate lunch at Burger King! :p

Then I sat down at home and started typing this crap. :p

P.S. Dan I really love your Toy Hunting stories....and hope you don't mind me sharing mine. ;)

Posted Image

#53 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:21 PM

She was all that and a bag of ....Baby.... Crap.

This didn't sound good at all to me.

#54 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:23 PM

Like the Kamen Rider figures were half off for $4 bucks a pop, almost walked out with them, but decided not to.

FAIL.

The deal is also available online, so needless to say I'll be filling out my ranks with the guys I'm missing and at least one bike. Probably Wing Knight's, since I love both the character in DK as well as the Japanese version, and the design, plus I bought all the other figures of him already.

I'd have also called out Dan for not picking up any Gormiti sets, but at least he brought them to our attention and took a picture, so he's off the hook. This time.

Edited by Boaconda, 04 September 2009 - 05:24 PM.

#55 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:31 PM

P.S. Dan I really love your Toy Hunting stories....and hope you don't mind me sharing mine. :p

hell no i don't mind. i love toy hunting stories. the more the merrier i say.

boa: :p gormiti is at the bottom of my interests list. i may pick through some of the figures to get the ones i can stand, but for the most part i'm completely off of them. right now i'd much rather get that cool looking octopus kronox figure over any gormiti figures.

#56 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:08 PM

went back out again today. i figured since the last time i was at sprawl-mart they were in the middle of what looked to be a reset they should have some new shizznit up. what a huge, HUGE, mistake that was. did i emphasize huge enough there? so, i have to wait for father time to get the eff out of my way as i try to find a parking spot. this guy was going maybe 2 mph in front of me and no matter what, i was stuck behind him. all other possible routes were either blocked or not going to save me time. i really wish i had sprang for that hood-mounted rpg so i could have just blown his ass out of my way, but i spent that money on toys instead. anyway, i finally escape his time warp field and park by the garden center. i sneak in through my planned route only to be slapped in the face by what can only be described as dirty diaper funk. the entire store smells like someone let their baby do a scooter down every aisle. worst store ever. i try to control my gag reflexes as i make my way to the toy section. i make a quick check in their clearance section first though but they are completely out of their marvel universe figs they had for $5. big surprise. so i head back to the action figures selection and hope to see something worthwhile. what the eff?!? they haven't done a single damn thing since i was here last. oh wait, that's not true, they did take down the papers mapping out the new layout and doubled their inventory of shoddy gi joe merchandise. other than that, they didn't have shizznit. i couldn't believe it so i took the time to actually search deeper to see if there was something misplaced. there were children on the aisle fighting over who would get to buy some stupid thing and were getter closer and closer to me. i'm usually pretty tolerant but loud obnoxious children invading my personal space is where i draw the line. i really wanted to punt them over to the sporting goods section but it's not entirely their fault. they were pretty young so they may not have known better than to be wild animals and irritating the hell out of everyone. their parents however are another story. if they don't know by now to keep their kids on a tight leash out in public then they deserve what is coming to them. it took every single ounce of will power i had not to choke slam their male guardian/dad/whatever lame-o he was into the crappy wrestling figures. oh did i mention that it looked like he was actually buying some of them. that was the final straw. unless sprawl-mart gets some crazy exclusive that i can't live without, i will never be going there again. the store is filthy, the patrons are brainless morons with zero consideration for others and they don't have shizznit. i made it out of the store without incident and left, never to return.

i ran out to a far out toys r us and was not surprised to see that they only had wave 4 refreshers, as did my next two stops as a target and another toys r us. through these findings i have decided that unless i can't fight my cravings i'm going to take a break from toy shopping for a week or two. shizznit just hasn't hit here yet and i know it will eventually. i just got to be patient.

not to be completely empty handed i did decide to pick up some old video games today. i thought i would give gamestop a shot since i hadn't been there in months. waste of time. i really hate that place. number one, because they hardly have what i'm looking for, and if they do it's way over priced. number two, the people who work there think they're gods of gaming or something. that shizznit may work on the stupid little kids who come in and think you're cool because you work in a game store, but it doesn't work on me. shut your effing mouth and run my purchase asswipe. fortunately/unfortunately they didn't have what i was looking for so i hit up my favorite target that's right next to them.

this target is always clean, the register zombies are properly trained so if you do buy something with a security tag it's deactivated by the time you get to the door. they keep their shelves and aisles very well organized and it's usually got the best scenery out of all the other stores i haunt. they didn't have everything i was looking for but i did pick up two 360 games i wanted to get. and for $10 cheaper than stupid gamestop. kiss my white ass gamestop.

i'm a little cranky today i guess. i'm going to have to limit my endeavors into the public until the rage subsides. shouldn't have to leave the house again today except to pick up my take out pizza. mmmmmm.....pizza...gurgle gurgle gurgle.

#57 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:51 PM

I forgot to mention yesterday that one of the K-marts I frequently drive by is now closing down! It's an old one too. They had a 10 to 30% off sell, so I stopped in to see what was left. Nothing....so I left, good riddance, it was always a horribly stocked, horribly priced, and horribly Kemp place. :p I havn't even bothered with a K-Mart since they raised their MU from the already pricey $8.99 to $9.50. I may go to a few if for some reason I can't find my Gray Hulk anywhere else.

And speaking of smelly Wal-Marts, I think most have that problem. I stopped into one the other day and it smelled like Septic Tank! Gross. All the way through the store, and nobody inside seemed to mind. I could still smell it as I was leaving. I believe their sewage line may have been backed up or something. Maybe kids have been flushing all those overpriced Bakugans down the toilets. :)

I had to battle through a wave of children myself as well yesterday in one of the Target stores I went into. Terrible happy little children. That's the difference between Wal-Mart and K-Mart shoppers! Wal-Mart shoppers will take their kids into the toy aisles just to tell them they can't buy anything, or to get their hopes up and taunt them into a child like rage. Always crying and fighting. The Target parents are much more involved. They take their kids in there and talk to them about each toy they like, and discuss the character and what show he was on, or what kind of action feature he has. They actually plan on buying their child something, and give them plenty of time to decide on a reasonable and good purchase! ^_^ I can't figure out which is worse though, as I always have to wait on both groups to get the crap out of my way, cause they are always ALWAYS blocking, yet not looking at the figures I want to look at. :cry:

Has anyone else always wanted to start acting pinheaded and have a fit in the aisle till the people got scared and ran away? :D

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 05 September 2009 - 01:53 PM.

Posted Image

#58 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:13 PM

just drop to the ground and start screaming "covered in spiders. covered in spiders." and pretend you're brushing invisible spiders off of your arms and body. if you can somehow foam at the mouth while you do it that'd be a bonus.

something i forgot to mention about the second toys r us. some woman who works there is way too into her job. there was some spoiled little brat there getting all kinds of attention from his parents because it was his birthday. this employee caught wind of it and was asking the kid questions and such. then about a minute or less later over the p.a. comes the woman wishing the kid a happy birthday and then she actually sang happy birthday. this would have only been slightly annoying had their speakers not been turned all the way up to bleeding ears. i wish i had my ear plugs at that moment.

#59 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:37 PM

since my last posted trip i've made many trips to area stores only to find that utah has officially banned any cool new toys. well, it seems that way. no where has anything new in regards to marvel. no handfuls, no universe, nothing. oh, wait, they seem to have a steady stream of those effing marbles for some reason. i can't believe people are paying $6 for a damn marble! A MARBLE!!! honestly, do these people really have everything else and still have too much money? if that's the case, give me your extra cash, i'll spend it on something sensible. like a gun to shoot marble purchasers.

Edited by dankingery, 30 September 2009 - 05:38 PM.

#60 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

I didn't know you hated 7 year old children so much Dan. ^_^

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 01 October 2009 - 09:47 AM.

Posted Image

#61 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:48 PM

since my last posted trip i've made many trips to area stores only to find that utah has officially banned any cool new toys. well, it seems that way. no where has anything new in regards to marvel. no handfuls, no universe, nothing. oh, wait, they seem to have a steady stream of those effing marbles for some reason. i can't believe people are paying $6 for a damn marble! A MARBLE!!! honestly, do these people really have everything else and still have too much money? if that's the case, give me your extra cash, i'll spend it on something sensible. like a gun to shoot marble purchasers.

Yeah, marbles blow!!! ^_^

#62 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:53 PM

it's almost like the retailers around her heard urs whining about the onslaught of toys bearing down on him and have decided to hold back distribution of new toys in utah. as of now, there are still no new marvel items. what the eff! i may need to start taking that medication that stops me from bashing people into a nice frothy pink foam. otherwise the streets will run with the blood of all who stand in my way!!! and since utah has slashed the budgets of all "non-essential" departments, aka the police forces, i can destroy all the pathetic humans i want.

i'm as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you! -apocalypse. (i know you know who said it, but he's too cool not to give the credit.)

Edited by dankingery, 14 October 2009 - 02:54 PM.

#63 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:08 PM

by a cruel twist of fate i found myself boxed in on the highway and unable to escape the exit only lane. so as i approached the interstate heading in the wrong direction i realized that since i'm going to have to get off at the next exit i might as well stop by one of my least favorite toys r us. no, it's not the worlds worst, but it's only slightly better. as i came down the off ramp i remembered that they're constructing a spur of our ligh-trail system out there and the streets are all effed up. nothing was going right. after waiting through two lights to make a left turn toward toys r us i was pretty much done with not killing people today. i decided that the first person to walk in front of my car would feel the sting of my bumper. i approached toys r us and had to make my way across the dirt bridge they had constructed to allow business access. fortunately for me, the lazy effers hadn't bothered doing any upkeep on the damn thing so it was basically a small wall. good thing i drive that mighty geo prizm which is able to tackle almost every obstacle. oh wait, it's just the opposite. a sunflower seed in the road can destroy my car. so i try to make the turn onto the bridge and hear what can only be described as the back of my car being torn apart by godzilla. i seriously thought i had tore the rear end off. unfortunately no one in the parking lot took me up on my offer for a front fender massage. when my car finally limped into the parking spot i was surprised to find that it survived somehow.

i walked through the store as rapidly as i could in hopes of avoiding all employee contact. no such luck. i ran smack dab into some desperate for human interaction spinster who wanted to know if i wanted any help finding something. i choked back my vomit and told her i was fine. as i made my way around to the marvel aisle i set my expectations on low. WTF?!! something new! a single shiny handful of heroes package just waiting for me to snatch it up. huzzah! i'll have to make sure i call off my trained assassin monkey as i leave the store. so, with my hopes slightly up i looked around for more new goodies. i noticed they had only one universe figure. that damned long legged punisher. i rolled my eyes and was about to walk out when i decided to look around some more. they had the punisher mixed in with some origins and animated figures. i focused on them so much that i didn't even notice the four pegs of universe right next to them. once i saw them and i got my brain turned back on i made a quick check to see if there was anything i needed. of course not. not unless i wanted a new stealth suit iron man extremis, punisher white gloves, human torch flame off, red hand ninja or ms marvel. i can't believe they've still got all these old ass figures. time to clearance some shizznit! wait, what the hell? right above all of the universe figures is a peg of about eight more handful packs! jeebus, how much other shizznit have i over looked? anyway, i sorted through all of the handful packs and picked out the ones i really wanted while trying to limit my doubles as much as possible. is it just me, or does it seem like the solid colors are more sparse than the clears and sparkles? i ended up buying four. worst part was, since i was so horny for marvel that i spent $7 on each pack! yikes. don't worry, it won't be happening again. i noticed that the packs were similarly packaged. i mean, almost every pack had an abomination and a venom. more than half had magneto. and they were all the same colors. there were several of the gladiator hulk as well. maybe it was just my luck.

a couple of honorable mentions i spotted/missed were something called planet 51, look like army aliens of some kind. don't know anything about them but i suspect they're either from a kids cartoon or a movie coming out. they really made me think of army ants when i saw them. i'll investigate them further. also, it looks like i missed picking up a brain from gremlins 2 from the movie icons line. they only had the crow left from that line. that figure kind of sucked ass. weird body pose.

made my way up front and the register zombie tried to make some kind of small talk about collectibles or some such. "what do you do with these?" "collect them.." "oh, well i've got too many collections already." "...." seriously, do you think i care lady? i was about to vomit on the counter when she handed me the receipt so i just left instead.

i got home and cracked my handful packs to see what i've got and check them out closer. long story short, who wants to see my onslaught sculpt?

Edited by dankingery, 15 October 2009 - 08:08 PM.

#64 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:30 AM

I want to see your Onslaught sculpt! :(

Posted Image

#65 ChristianG

ChristianG

Delete me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:25 AM

That was the funniest Quote "shizznit" lol I have read in a long time. It sounds like my very quick phase of trying to find hotwheels t-hunts. Luckily I am over it. I'm sticking to plymouth roadrunners released by hotwheels.

The LRG'z are so much easier to find at bootsales and my son loves the spares.

Keep up the good work and word dankingery. Sheer class!

#66 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:03 AM

I want to see your Onslaught sculpt! :(

well, he's invisible and doesn't show up very well on camera. :lol:

#67 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:18 PM

Yeeeaaaahhhhh, Dan!!! You've finally got HoH (Handfuls) out your way. Ain't they just the LRG BOMB?? Now that you're familiar with the packaging, I bet you won't overlook them again. Yeah, MU has hit one solid-arse wall. Nothing new in literally months. Are they building up a massive toy glut only to be uncorked at Christmas time (ie November 27)??? Sheesh, keep the ball rolling Hasbro. I have found some small restock sprinklings though. Including a Moon Knight. He just may be the most superior figure in all of MU in my opinion. I hope to see a sculpt of him in HoH series 2 oh some time next century..... :lol:

#68 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:37 PM

Now I'm wondering if I missed Handfull of Heros when I was at Toys R' Us on tuesday. They would have made me much happier than my impulse Cinema of Fear Freddy and Jason I bought instead.

Yep same up north in Boise twiddling my thumbs waiting for Wave 5 and SW Wave 2. Someday Dan our ship will come in (and we can celabrate by hearing URS tell us how cool SW wave 3 is)

#69 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

well, i can wait at least two more weeks before i have to start punching pandas in the face. i've exhausted my spare dollaridoos for the month and won't mind if they wait a couple of weeks to drop something new. after that though, there had better be a whole aisle dedicated to wave 5 and secret wars 2.

figures i still need/want:
moon knight (almost forgot about him, thanks for the refresh phantomeye)
grey hulk (he's like a potato chip, no one can eat just one)
bullseye
electro
iron fish (with fistly goodness)
silver centurian iron man
all secret wars wave 2
namor (maybe, gonna have to see him in the flesh. that invaders namor really has put me off the character)

Edited by dankingery, 20 November 2009 - 11:06 PM.

#70 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:06 AM

I think the 5 Namor is better than the Invaders one. Removable vest, and a better trident, can't complain.

Anywho, if your still looking for any of those Dan, I know I saw a Silver Centurion and Namor at Wal-Mart yesterday, and they still have the $5.50 sale price tag on the MU figs right now. Crud.. They may have even had a Moon Knight.

Posted Image

#71 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:43 AM

i'm not too worried about finding them. every time i get too impatient and have a member score one for me i end up finding the same ones a week later. besides, until i have toy budget money again i'm on a spending freeze. thanks for the offer though.

#72 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:15 PM

as i returned from the abyss, my hulking form causing terror in the mortals who stood before me. never had they seen such a magnificently vile creature such as i. a demon with one purpose alone....to buy toys. and so i stalked through the material plane into shops of multiple departments. children crying at my mere presence, women swooning under my powerful sexual magnetism, men fleeing in fear for they knew i would be their doom.

hehe, oh man, i have been reading way too many books lately. after nearly a month of limited spending on toys and utterly disappointing trips to local stores i came home today with a car full of shizznit. it was like i jacked santa claus. but, i should really start from the beginning. today at work i just wasn't feeling it. it was an overtime day, but i was still pissed about the previous two days of getting screwed over by the damn pipe fitters. so, at noon i said to hell with it. i had to do some other stuph after work anyway, so i thought i'd get a jump on the weekend and take off.

first stop on my way home, target in centerville. as i walked back i kept my expectations low. in spite of being my favorite target, mostly due to location, this particular location had been letting me down repeatedly over the past few months. today that all changed. as i made a quick run to the marvel section i was immediately pleased to see guardian in all his perfectly painted glory. he was of course accompanied by silver centurian iron man and iron fist with all his fisty goodness. over joyed that they had more than just smelly wave 3 & 4 peg warmers i nearly ran out of there before checking for secret wars. "hang on now. that's magneto dammit! stop walking you moron, there's more treasures to be had here," my brain shouted at me. i picked up the package and examined it for paint errors, not much, but i still had a couple more to check. out of the three, i found one that was nearly perfect, the only problem being on spidey's logo at the top of the spider being a little faint. who cares, i've already got that figure, and i'm sure they'll pack him with another i have to have later on down the road. stupid spider man. they also had the iron man spider woman pack. found the most respectable one of them i could find. the black lines on iron man's "belt" and neck are a little sloppy and spider woman's legs have that weird blue spray on the white on the sides of her thigh. all in all, they look really good for secret wars figures. as i made my way back and around another aisle trying to avoid sticky fingered wild children screeching and shouting i passed the mega bloks section. oh shizznit! they did it, they did what i asked! they put just the halo figures from their sets into figure packs! cool. honestly, i'm really starting to hate that game with each passing day, but the little figures are too much. i just had to have them. it comes with two spartans, one with a shot gun the other with a sub machine gun, a usnc flame marine with flame thrower and two elites with plasma sniper rifles. very cool. i had to make my way to the front of the store to check out quick. there were only like three toys left in the store that i didn't buy. oh my hell lady, are you seriously going to write a check and use a coupon?!? seriously?!? longest check out ever. fortunately the register zombie was super hot and flirty.

well, the first stop proved quite productive. will my next stop at the evil empire go as well? doubtful, i entered the parking lot. for some reason, it doesn't matter when i go to this sprawl-mart, it's always packed with the dregs of society. wanting to waste no time, i lasered back to the toys. dammit! not a single marvel universe product? are you kidding me? why do people even come here then? then i remembered something universal ruler supreme said about finding the giant battlers. that they weren't really in the toy section, but near it. so i did a perimeter search and worked my way out until i decided that they wouldn't be in the candle or towel aisle. DAMN YOU SPRAWL-MART! i hate this place. i'm never coming here again....well, not until the next time i work up enough resistance to the stench of the underworld and resume my hunt for giant battlers.

after a quick stop at home i ventured out and ran my errand at my internet provider's place of business and set out to find more toy goodness.

next stop, the world's worst toys r us. acting on a tip from my friend who said they were selling universe figs 2 for $10, i was hopeful that they may have something new. oh how quickly i forget that this is the world's WORST toys r us. nothing new, still the same old crappy crap i already have or don't want. i'm looking at you flame-off johnny storm. they did have some handfuls, so i snagged two packs. not satisfied i perused the aisles for something else. they had some metal gear solid figures from medicom that i couldn't live without. i bought snake from snake eater and raiden from guns of the patriots. very nicely done sculpts with exceptional paint apps. worth a look if you're a fan of the franchise. not far from them, they had a cinema of fear tiny terror freddy krueger from mezco that i couldn't pass up. on my way out i was set upon by an entire herd of booger dripping kids and their trophy wife moms. thinking fast i took an alternate route which just so happened to have a front row seat in the mega bloks section. look at that! an even bigger pack of halo minis! two elites, two spartans, two flame marines and two grunts! hell yeah. snatched those up right quick. had little problems with the register zombie since i think she was the manager there. they also had more than just the customer service desk open for check out. no, not one regular aisle, FOUR! yeah, i know. i nearly shizznit myself at the sight of a toys r us with more than one lane open for check out. must be a sign of the times with holiday shopping ramping up.

what trip to the world's worst toys r us would be complete unless you've got a stop over at the target right there. my spirits boosted from my first target stop of the day, i cartwheeled back to the toys. ohhhh shizznit! more wave 5. snagged a namor, electro and even another grey hulk. my electro is of the non-matte variety and they only had the one, so i didn't even have a shot at getting both. to top it all off, they had the remaining secret wars wave 2 set i needed. it took me a few minutes of in depth analysis to finally pick one out, but i ended up with the best one i think. the only problem it has is there's some "scrapes" to the dark over spray on his left arm. not a huge deal, especially since it netted me the best looking cyclops out of the group. still not content, i ended up picking up one last thing. i know i have complained about the price of these before, but this damn figure refused to be left behind. i grabbed a batman the brave and the bold action league 2-pack. batman vs. the demon etrigan. the demon is by far one of the coolest toys i own. i may get another just so i can have one hanging from my mirror in my car. it's seriously too cool. got the hell out of there as soon as i could without incident. needless to say i sped the whole way home.

so, what does a spoiled brat do when they get home with all their toys? simple, they throw them into their room and go off somewhere to finish reading their book. some toy lover i am. i've only cracked the handful's to see the hidden figs. will prolly end up spending tomorrow taking everything out and playing with it. it's suppose to be snowing all day tomorrow, so i don't plan on doing anything away from the house. anyway, that' my story for today. hope you enjoyed it, i know i enjoyed living it.

#73 sherrie

sherrie

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts
  • Interests:toys, computers, games, reading

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:04 PM

lol, you should be writing Dan. That was great! I enjoyed reading the story more than I was interested in the toys you bought! lol Can't wait til' next month!!! :wacko:

oh yeah, congrats on your toy finds!

Selling on Ebay as Kinnikumart

Check out my Ebay Auctions
HERE

My Store is now Closed!
Selling on Ebay and here on the Forum too!. Pm me or email me.

#74 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:59 AM

Man! That's alot of toys! :lol: And that's me saying that.

I had a very long, and 90% disappointing trip this past Wednesday. Went in a BIG loop, my Ultra Toy Hunt Route. Hitting over 10 stores.

I found one Star Wars 2 pack I wanted at a Wal-mart at the far end of the Galaxy, Not the Vong/Katarn pack though, went to check out in the self checkout lane. And the stupid thing said"Item Not Recognized, Please wait for assistance." As if. I knew I'd be standing there forever, so reluctantly jumped to the 10 or less lane behind an old guy. The old guy had like 10 DVDs/CDs, and the cashier was an older lady, I think she may have been high, seriously. Anyway, the old guy stank, and was having cramps in his side, and the old woman was literally moving at a pace of negative 20 miles an hour. Grabbing an item, talking, looking for the UPC, talking, then finally scanning it. This went on for each item. :( Then finally the smelly man leaves and I go to check out with my one item.
And what do you know, Not recognized. :wacko: Of course we ALL know that if you have the price for an item, regardless if it shows up in the system that all you have to do is hit the exception key, and manually type in a description and price for the item. I've seen cashiers do it tons of times. So "I said if it helps it was $12.88." The woman turned her fat gaze to me, like I just offended her, and said with a mild attitude, "I still got ta check it."
AAAAHAHAREHERHEHGGEG!!!!! So she picks up the little black phone behind her, and dials a number, then sits there for a minute and a half more. Nothing, No answer. So I see her evil stubby finger reach up to hit the hang up button, and as soon as she does, I say, "That's okay" and just walk out. Total BS, and I had like 10 other people behind me waiting. She just had that attitude that she wasn't inconveniencing anyone....Like at the DMV. Maybe that's where she used to work.
So I leave in a mild furry, cursing and swearing while at the same time passing my turn for like 3 miles. :lol: I shouldn't get so worked up over stuff like that. But I was in line for over 10 minutes with one item that I really really wanted. It was a Skywalker/Deena two pack. I usually overlook them, but this one looked perfect, so I figured I'd snag it. Most I've seen were sloppy at best. Anyway. I finally get back on track hit a few more stores, and finally get to my last stop of the day. And one that I didn't need to go so far to get to. :lol:
And poof they had not only the Vong two pack I was dying to get, but they had another Luke/Deena pack...Not as good of course, but I was so upset about the first one, that I said screw it. So again walked to check out. Again I tried the self checkout first, and scanned the vong pack first, cool seems to be working, then scanned the other pack, and.... ITEM NOT RECOGNIZED!!! YOUR #%##ING KIDDING!!!! It was a store wide epidemic! Luke Skywalker/Deena Shan two packs don't exist, it's a frickin conspiracy!!!
But to my surprise, a woman immediately rushes over to my aide. She tries fooling around with it, doesn't work, she manually enters the item number doesn't work. She examines points on the packages that doesn't matter, such as the pack number on the top front corner, which designates what set in the series it is, and the comics, makes the assumption they aren't the same. :) I said they are from the same series, they are just different packs. Well she says, "They aren't always the same price." :angry: I say, "They were all 12.88 each. Can't you just take the pack that scanned properly and scan it again, let me pay for it and leave. "No, I have to check it" NO NO NOOOOOO!!!! IT's the same STUPID PRIIIIIICE!!!! She calls over the slowest walking woman in the store. It takes her 5 minutes to walk from the other end of the store. I give up, and decide I'll die here if I have to. People get behind me and wonder if the lane is down. I constantly tell them I'm waiting for help with something I'm buying. While continually hitting the continue button when the time out pops up. I refuse to give up my spot for anyone.
Finally the Slow walking lady gets there, and takes the pack from the other lady......Then she does the unthinkable.....walks allllll the way back to the toy aisle to check the price, when I had already told these people that it was $12.88. :cry: Why, Why, WHY!!! I literally stand there for 10 more minutes waiting for the woman to return, while constantly dismissing the people trying to stand behind me. Finally she gets back, and says, "it's $12.97. I say" Why is it $12.97, they are all $12.88, why would that one pack be different." At this point I'm willing to see how much longer I can make myself wait.
But then she does something that just blows my mind with fury, anger, love, trust, and confusion at the same time. She grabs the vong/katarn pack, runs it over the scanner again, then puts them both in the bag. All I can say is, "I asked the other woman to do that an hour ago!" Then she smiles, and for an instant...I'm in love. Then I thank her, check out, and leave. What's so crazy, is the wait was worth the two pack, as I like it even more than Vong pack that I originally wanted the most. :lol: Then I drove home, threw my crap on the floor and went to sleep for a while, then woke up and drove to work dreaming of when I could open my new toys. Which was yesterday.

That was just a frustrating trip, and one that almost had me not wanting to do it again. But be assured I remember those Cashiers, and will be sure to avoid them if I can in the future. Especially the evil stubby one. :angry:

Posted Image

#75 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:53 AM

register zombies are the worst! i hardly ever buy anything at sprawl-mart, but every time i do it lessens any hope of me ever having faith in humanity. i really don't understand why people act the way they do. and, was the $.09 really a big deal? i understand that she was on crack about the whole $12.97 thing. but even if that were true, if for some reason that one pack was priced a little higher, does the time and effort going into finding that out justify the gains? IT'S NINE effING CENTS! it cost the company more than nine cents for her to go and check the price. it's absolutely ridiculous. if i were you, i would have made it an even bigger deal. had her show you why it was nine cents more. she's prolly got zero control over anything in her own life, so when she gets to work she's a power nazi and tries to force her "power" over everyone she can. you definitely should have made a huge scene and really stuck it to her. get her boss out there and have them tear her a new one. think about it, she's wasted all that time to find out a price on something that you already knew, pissed you off, pissed other shoppers off, and all for a grand total of nine cents.

i think it's clear. next time you go shopping you're gonna have to do it ashe style. just think of all the register zombies as deadites.

Edited by dankingery, 21 November 2009 - 07:55 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com