• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#76 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Final Fantasy, Garbage Pail Kids Minikins, Ghostbusters, MIMP, M.U.S.C.L.E, Mutant Mania, OMFG, S.L.U.G Zombies, Socket Poppers, TMNT, Trash Pack, video editing, haunted attractions, hockey, professional wrestling

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

At the beginning of the Minikin craze with series 1, when black minikins were first popping up some were sellings for crazy amounts, $200+. But after they were out for awhile and the crazy died out the Black Minikins were selling  for a lot less. Right before series 2 came out I was seeing  a bunch selling for around $40-$60.

The craze with series 2 is just the same, although I dont think they will be selling for around $200 this time around, Closer to $100. The popularity of the character plays a part too.

I greatly appreciate the info, Ericnilla. Any idea which characters seem to be the most popular? I certainly have my favorites but I'm wondering if there's a general consensus as to which are the most desirable.

#77 Nocturnus

Nocturnus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:34 AM

Adam Boom is the most valuable followed by probably Grim Jim and Double Heather. I have bought and sold a few black figures from S2 and they are on average about $100. In fact I have a black waxy wendy I am trying to sell right now.

#78 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:03 PM

Adam Boom is the most valuable followed by probably Grim Jim and Double Heather. I have bought and sold a few black figures from S2 and they are on average about $100. In fact I have a black waxy wendy I am trying to sell right now.

hey buddy, glad to see you over here, you musta snuck under my radar.

#79 Nocturnus

Nocturnus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:08 AM

hey buddy, glad to see you over here, you musta snuck under my radar.

I'm sneaky like that. Still trying to navigate the ins and outs of this site. It is kind of confusing compared to GPKUG.

#80 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

once you get the hang of it, i think this site layout is easier to navigate....text me if you need any ideas on where to find or where to post or anything like that i'll try to help ya amigo

#81 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Final Fantasy, Garbage Pail Kids Minikins, Ghostbusters, MIMP, M.U.S.C.L.E, Mutant Mania, OMFG, S.L.U.G Zombies, Socket Poppers, TMNT, Trash Pack, video editing, haunted attractions, hockey, professional wrestling

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

Know of any collectors seeking out a black Michael Mutant? And do you know how rare the black and/or peach figures are? Is there a pull ratio per number of packs like the other colors in the line?

#82 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

The odds on peach figures is the same as the odds for yellow 1:12….But being that peach were only found in hobby boxes, and there was much less hobby released…the actual total number of peach figures produced is much less than the yellow.

#83 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

14289632637_2378356aec_z.jpg

14374426038_7a6f2cd4d3_z.jpg

14599830244_98030a9719_z.jpg

Edited by Jackson, 07 July 2014 - 08:45 PM.

#84 SubwayRats

SubwayRats

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

Nice pics. Just started getting a few gbk's. Im digging the painted figures and solid red, blue, peach. Good info on here. Just wish they were as big as muscle and other mini fig lines

#85 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

You've gotta like that Grim Jim rainbow.

The odds on peach figures is the same as the odds for yellow 1:12….But being that peach were only found in hobby boxes, and there was much less hobby released…the actual total number of peach figures produced is much less than the yellow.

Very helpful response; thanks for the info Jackson.

#86 Nocturnus

Nocturnus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

Sweet rainbows Jackson! If you ever need to rehome that peach Grim Jim or Double Heather, let me know. I have plenty of room for them. I am just 9 peach figs away from my set!

#87 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

I snagged a gravity feed today and opened four packs with the exact same pair of figures -- painted Outer Space Chase and red Slobby Robbie. Any assurance against this type of thing with Hobby Boxes or are those as equal a crapshoot?

#88 Nocturnus

Nocturnus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:19 PM

I snagged a gravity feed today and opened four packs with the exact same pair of figures -- painted Outer Space Chase and red Slobby Robbie. Any assurance against this type of thing with Hobby Boxes or are those as equal a crapshoot?

Unfortunately this is the quality control of topps. I have had several packs that had the exact same figures but in different colors. They seem to pair up certain figures for some reason.

#89 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

Well it's good to know either way even if the problem can't be avoided. I suppose I'll grab up some hobby boxes and score a few peaches in the process.

#90 TanRnet

TanRnet

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Army Ants, The Real Ghostbusters, and most movies/music/games from the 80s.

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:56 PM

Any recommendations on where to buy a hobby box? I've seen a few retail boxes on eBay around the $60-70 price.

#91 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:02 AM

It looks like all the hobby boxes have dried up..? I heard that Topps underestimated and didn't make enough of them, but I'm hoping that more resurface. I need more peach minikins.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#92 Nocturnus

Nocturnus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

Yeah. Hobby boxes are next to impossible to find. You can either watch ebay every second like me, bug some dudes with distributor connections or build a time machine and go back and pre-order all of them. Good luck.

#93 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:18 AM

Haha, yep. I was hawk-eyeing ebay for a bit but difference in time zones + work meant I always missed the listings.
Did pretty much what you said and bugged one seller (GeePeeKay) I bought a hobby box from and was just able to order another 6 boxes just now. :D

#94 Nocturnus

Nocturnus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:51 AM

Ah so you were the one that bought those from cardgarys.

#95 Matlock

Matlock

My name is matlock and i am a lrg addict.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.
    Nintendo - NES,SNES,N64,GB,GBA,DS,3DS
    Lego- Mini Figs
    Micro Machines.
    BB.
    GPK.Cheapies, and OS Cards.
    Minikins.
    Bouncy balls.
    Dice.
    Dino's.
    Trash pack.
    Homies.
    Slugs.
    MIMP.
    Savage Mondo Blitzers.
    Uglies.
    Customs.
    All other cool looking little rubber guys!!
    Hand Blown Glass.
    Pliers.
    Marbles.
    Rocks/Minerals
    Knives.
    Hats.
    Old mason jars.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

If you get another black and peach snail. i'm your guy

Brown chicken , brown cow

#96 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

I've read that it's unlikely that any more Minikins will be produced beyond Series 2, which sucks. Someone created a petition to keep the line going, which may or may not have any impact, but couldn't hurt to sign. If you're a fan of the line and want it to continue, take a minute to add your name:

http://www.ipetition...series-1-and-2/

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#97 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

I've been to 2 comic book stores that had entire untouched hobby boxes. I'm sure the markup for entire box would be steep, but at least an option for the peaches. May be entirely random, but I've had better draws w/ the hobby 2-packs than the retail 2 and 4 packs by far.

#98 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

I finally managed to pick up a couple of hobby boxes from ebay. Here are the peaches from those 2 boxes..

14643738821_277fe818f2_z.jpg

14460310950_3aa583b8ea_z.jpg

#99 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:50 AM

Nice lot of peach minikins Jackson!

I only found one peach in my first hobby box, which kinda sucked. It was my first pack too, and got my hopes up..

#100 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

Is anyone else feeling cursed to get the same figure over and over? I swear every pack I open has a painted snail and outer space man! Also, is there a good way to store/display the stickers like a sleeve book for them similar to the cards? Thanks

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com