Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

How many people are going for a master set?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:MINI BOGLIIIIINS

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:45 PM

I'm focusing mostly on the first 8 tribes, in the first 12 colours atm, and im 451/516 (excluding neons, GITD, silvers/golds/blacks, and medievals/prehistorics onwards)

collecting on ebay has pretty much come to a halt for me as I can't justify paying £5-10 for one common boglin, and it feels like there aren't really collectors in the same way that MUSCLE and MIMP has collectors.

If anyone else has amassed tons of doubles and wants to try set up a trade, i'll be glad if I can get even 1 or 2 new ones.

also if you are going for a master set, what progress have you made? I've heard of a couple guys that have got quite far, but no one has come close that I'm aware of

Edited by Mikeum, 09 August 2018 - 05:45 PM.

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#2 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:16 PM

I've thought about going for one, but I have enough problems trying to collect MIMP. 

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#3 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:19 PM

I've thought about going for one, but I have enough problems trying to collect MIMP. 

haha yeah, the best thing about boglins, is you can get a huge amount for fairly cheap, but there isn't enough knowledge on what makes up a full set like there is with MIMP

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#4 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:07 PM

haha yeah, the best thing about boglins, is you can get a huge amount for fairly cheap, but there isn't enough knowledge on what makes up a full set like there is with MIMP

Harder to get them over here with the increased shipping cost though. That's why most of mine come from bulk purchases. 

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#5 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:57 AM

Isn’t it weird how the price of these things seems to bump up every time there is a postage hike?
Can we convince sellers that the price they bought it for doesn’t combine with the price they paid for shipping to create a new value?

Or is that too complex?

#6 Dfrazzer

Dfrazzer

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:19 AM

I just got the last member of the original six tribes in at least one colour, now I'll try to get one of each of the later tribes. The problem with posting Boglins is that they are quite heavy, my box of 200-300 of them must weigh about 4 kg.

#7 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:26 AM

I just got the last member of the original six tribes in at least one colour, now I'll try to get one of each of the later tribes. The problem with posting Boglins is that they are quite heavy, my box of 200-300 of them must weigh about 4 kg.

yeah usually the shipping price is worth more than the actual boglins unfortunately. i've sent quite a few big parcels of them out to the states, usually in 2kg boxes. i think it's about £20 ($30) for 2kg

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#8 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Mini Boglins

Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:00 AM

I'm kinda casually going for a Master Set. 

So casually that I have no idea what my current situation is. 
Currently I have at least two colours of every sculpt. 

But after that I have idea, they are waiting to be sorted and checked... 

I've also been put off a bit from eBay, unless there's something I really need in a lot it's not worth the jacked up prices. 

I have just moved house and finally have enough room to have my own small toy room... So once I've built the detolfs I'll let you know what I have for trades! 

#9 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:25 AM

yeah usually the shipping price is worth more than the actual boglins unfortunately. i've sent quite a few big parcels of them out to the states, usually in 2kg boxes. i think it's about £20 ($30) for 2kg

Yup that is my biggest impediment to ever getting a master set. Would be nice to have all the sculpts at least. 

#10 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:17 PM

I'm kinda casually going for a Master Set. 

So casually that I have no idea what my current situation is. 
Currently I have at least two colours of every sculpt. 

But after that I have idea, they are waiting to be sorted and checked... 

I've also been put off a bit from eBay, unless there's something I really need in a lot it's not worth the jacked up prices. 

I have just moved house and finally have enough room to have my own small toy room... So once I've built the detolfs I'll let you know what I have for trades! 

cool, sounds good man! next month i'm going to try pick up some Billy bookcases with Morliden doors and glass shelves. its quite a bit more expensive than using Detolf's but looks amazing

and yeah, ebay prices are a bit more crazy than they were when I started collecting a few years ago. I think the American collectors are probably willing to pay a bit more than we are to get a hold of some, but then we probably do the same for prices of US exclusive stuff too. and definitely Neclos  :lol:

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#11 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 02:09 AM

Cool, that will be a nice set up. I don't have enough room to do something like that! 

I'm planning on adding at least an extra 4 shelves to the detolfs, most of the stuff I want to display is fairly small so want to maximize the space. 

Something like this:

Maybe I could even add 8 extra shelves... 

#12 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:01 AM

Cool, that will be a nice set up. I don't have enough room to do something like that! 

I'm planning on adding at least an extra 4 shelves to the detolfs, most of the stuff I want to display is fairly small so want to maximize the space. 

Something like this:

Maybe I could even add 8 extra shelves... 

oh yeah, i've heard about this. i actually picked up the rope clips to try it but never got round to adding the shelves. I use my detolf for action figures mostly but that def opens them up to displaying minis

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#13 chieftrog

chieftrog

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 12:49 PM

I'm going for a master set also looking to collaborate with everyone to make a website picturing what a master set would be. Feel free to hit me up with your collections guys. Find me on Insta boglinboss

#14 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:54 PM

I was expecting alot more feedback in this thread, there are definatley a few British collectors that have certainly started master sets but have parhaps stopped actively looking, once you get so far it becomes a chore looking for the ones you need especially from lots on eBay jumbled up in tribes together.

I got quite lucky and managed to message a seller selling up and grab about 80 odd figures I needed, they unfortunately have sat in a box for a few months whilst life is hectic and stressful!
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#15 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 11:46 AM

I was expecting alot more feedback in this thread, there are definatley a few British collectors that have certainly started master sets but have parhaps stopped actively looking, once you get so far it becomes a chore looking for the ones you need especially from lots on eBay jumbled up in tribes together.

I got quite lucky and managed to message a seller selling up and grab about 80 odd figures I needed, they unfortunately have sat in a box for a few months whilst life is hectic and stressful!

haha yeah, i have actually resorted to spending £5-10 per figure that I need, it's the only way now. 

im pretty sure there are a few lurkers that are going for master sets.

that's crazy you managed to get 80 new ones. mostly neons?

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#16 HLIDS

HLIDS

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:04 AM

Going for master, got 700+ unique mini boglins, there's around 40 I've seen that I don't possess. Got spares? PM!

#17 Boglinboss

Boglinboss

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 01:44 PM

Master set collector here.

#18 TheBoglinCollector

TheBoglinCollector

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:45 PM

I have a full sculpt set, and many duplicates in different colours. I'm not going for the master set and sold off a load of duplicates a few years ago. I just didn't have the room, so I just picked my favourite colour of each tribe and kept those. Also have one gold of the Cool Dudes (lucked out, he was in a job lot at the bottom of the box), I have a sealed slime boglin and no idea which one is inside, the boglin prison, and carry box, plus various cards, leaflets and packaging. Pretty nice set that spends its days in my loft. I just have the prison on display with a few of favourite sculpts. I've often thought I should have kept the duplicates and gone for the master set, but seeing how prices on eBay went I'm glad I didn't in the end. I would have spent a small fortune and my wife would have killed me!

#19 KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:39 AM

Master set here. Currently at about 700. Not sure what the full tally aim is but I’m anticipating 850. Long and expensive way to go!

#20 HLIDS

HLIDS

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:03 AM

Master set here. Currently at about 700. Not sure what the full tally aim is but I’m anticipating 850. Long and expensive way to go!

Would love to see your collection and I'm sure we can fill some of each others spots. Hook me up on insta if you wanna connect. @mb_mmx

#21 Jamesmate

Jamesmate

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:07 PM

I have a sealed slime boglin and no idea which one is inside

The name of the boglin inside is on top of the toilet, what's it say?

#22 TheBoglinCollector

TheBoglinCollector

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:34 PM

All the years I've had it and I never noticed that the name was written right there. It's a Splodge. 

#23 GoGro3

GoGro3

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 01:13 PM

Hi trying to finish off a sculpt set first, dies anyone have a spare Yelp for sale please

#24 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 05:00 AM

I finally got around to cataloging my collection. I have 708... so around 150 still to go... 

#25 Crumbletron

Crumbletron

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 10:16 AM

Hi
Haven't posted before but found this forum after putting on a few eBay listings. I didn’t know mini boglins were still so collectible.
If anyone is looking for any of the samurai or medieval boglins I have some that I was going to list. If anyone would be interested in buying them (sorry not looking for trades) just let me know

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com