#1 ChiefGlonk

ChiefGlonk

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:33 AM

Attached File  P1010633 - Copy.JPG   40.23K   64 downloads

Hi, I'm a new member here but I've been reading posts on this forum on and off for a while now. I'm planning to sell some of the boglins I've amassed over the years so I thought I'd post up some pictures of my collection and pass on some conclusions I've come to, to try and help shed some more light on the availability of boglins in certain colours for anyone that may be interested. Here's a breakdown series by series, I'll go through everything just in case. Series 3 is the most significant.

I presume you all know which boglins were available in which series, I think that's all on Aikola's site but if not I can post pictures of the checklists.

Series 1

Colours - Blue, Olive, Tan, Grey, Brown and Dark Yellow (Mustard)

Tan appears to be an original colour with salmon a series 2 colour. My reason for coming to this conclusion is that series 2 boglins that were not in series 1 the Army Guys and the Disgustings can be found in salmon but not tan.

All chiefs are available in silver. Black pathfinders are supposed to be available but I have never seen any black boglins other than those that were spies in series 3.

All 36 appear to be available in all 6 colours although some seem to be more common in some colours than others. For example Chief Glonk appears to be more common in silver than in regular colours and Splang more common in grey and olive than others or at least based on my collection and monitoring of eBay over the years.

Series 2

Blue, Red, Green, Orange, Yellow, Purple, Salmon

All scouts available in glow in the dark green and purple. All chiefs available in gold and silver.

All boglins except scouts appear to be available in all colours although there are some clearly more common than others again. There doesn't seem to be a noticeable difference between blue colour in series 1 and 2.

Series 3

Neon Blue, Neon Yellow, Neon Green, Neon Orange, Neon Coral, Neon Pink

All spies are available in black and no other neon colours. All scouts available in green glow in the dark only. Scouts are not available in the other regular colours in series 2 or 3.

Again some seem far more common in certain colours than others such as Messenger Gunk who I've seen far more often in blue and green than yellow for example.

In this series though it is clear that not all boglins are available in all neon colours. I am almost certain that none of the chiefs are available in pink or coral. Some I have only seen in neon yellow such as Glerp and Stog. Stog in particular seems to be the "rarest" neon boglin aside from the slime boglins. I would say he is "rarer" than any of the samurai. I have only ever seen 2 (I own one of them).

Messenger Flare seems to be the only Army Guy available in neon pink or green and there doesn't seem to be any Tough Guys in neon blue or yellow.

Of course I can't be 100% certain with this because with the exception of Chief Mogg who is available in 4 colours I thought all of the Chiefs in series 3 were only available in 2 colours each, either blue and green or orange and yellow. However seeing a yellow Chief Smog on Aikola's site has proved this to be untrue. Wheather Chief Smog is the exception to the pattern is hard to prove but I am still pretty convinced with my previous claims based on years of searching (it can't just be coincidence?).

I think the sporadic absences of boglins in certain colours in series 3 could come down to the line being discontinued not long after this set was released (I read this somewhere, can't remember where).

This may have resulted in variant colours planned for later batches not being made if colours were rotated in batches which I imagine is likely.  It seems the new boglins were given priority in release and variety of colour when it comes to series 3 as some of the older boglins re-released in the series such as Stog, Stroll and Glerp seem to be the most uncommon overall or in variety of colour.

Prehistorics

Available in both neon and series 2 colours (I’m not sure why they were released in 4 of the series 2 colours as they were released shortly after the neon boglins had come out).

From series 2 Green, Blue, Red and Purple only.

Neon – it appears only Dent is available in Pink and Coral (I have seen pink on ebay more than once and coral on the Yowie Maggi site link from raumhafen.de).

Samurais

Neon – Green, Blue, Yellow and Orange only.

It seems you’re all well aware already that the samurai are only available in 4 of the neon colours with 4 members of the tribe available in yellow and orange and the other 4 in green and blue as seen in Mikeum’s posts.

Slime Boglins

These are better documented by you guys as I never bothered to get them as they were not on the checklists.

All are available in blue and yellow. I’ve seen Splurge, Splash and Splutter in pink but only Splutter in orange. There doesn’t seem to be any in green, pink or coral.

I can give other example of boglins being more common in certain colous or seemingly absent in others but this post is already long enough so any questions, just ask. Hope this adds a bit more insight to what you guys already know.

#2 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

C.UT.I.E. Owners Club Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:18 PM

attachicon.gifP1010633 - Copy.JPG

I’ve seen Splurge, Splash and Splutter in pink but only Splutter in orange.

Are you sure about a pink Splutter?

soundwave wrote "don't insult my bananna!!!!!!!!!"

#3 ChiefGlonk

ChiefGlonk

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:14 PM

Yeah, it was quite a few years ago now. I saw it on eBay.

#4 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:MINI BOGLIIIIINS

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:02 PM

pink splutter, thats awesome! 

Also, I skimmed through here, and yeah I agree, some sculpts are definitely more common in certain colours. Some I believe are even rare, even in basic colours. It would take some work to figure out though, maybe keeping count of each sculpt seen in each colour. I do believe that certain colours are more common in Italy too. The reason I think this, Boglins lots from italy tend to have more Boglins in colours I dont have yet, while lots from UK mostly dont have any I need.

also man, if you are planning on selling some, please let me know! I'd love to buy some, and I'm sure you'd have some I dont have yet

Thanks for the info, I'm gonna have a proper read later

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#5 ChiefGlonk

ChiefGlonk

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:42 PM

Yeah, I've noticed certain colours in Italy that I haven't seen in the UK. I can suggest some boglins in certain colours that I've come across or own that I've seen far less of than others if needed.

As far as selling goes, I'm not quite ready to part with the collection in the picture yet but I already put a few lots up for auction on eBay last Thursday. I was planning to put some all neon lots up with some "rarer" boglins in in the coming days so I'll let you know once I've put them on.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com