Professional comissioned art

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:41 PM

I love the first pic! Some people are just born with mad skills man! How long did it take them to draw them? I just can't get over how good the coloring of the first pic is! ;)

Posted Image

#27 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:05 PM

Okee dokee

I was at the con

The color art is 9 X 12

The Black and White is 10 X 14

They both sketched with pencil first. The color art took I think 3 hours? (I was walking around teh dealer room as he drew.)

The B&W I gave it to him on Sat. and picked it up Sunday morning.

#28 Indissoluble Koburanda

Indissoluble Koburanda

IK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:42 PM

Really like the armor highlights on Alex’s work and the Rodimus remindes me of some of the old UK comic work. On the 2nd piece by Marcelo, the noggins rock!

#29 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:45 PM

Yeah, I think Rodimus's head looks straight outta the movie, and I love the Lion head!
I didn't make the UK connection until you mentioned it. Nice eye. It was sweet he just hada set of art markers and went to town.

#30 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:57 PM

Sooo.....Instead of starting a thread I thought I'd continue this one and some folks who may have missed this cool art can enjoy.

Anyway, I'm looking to get some more professional art done and I've made a sort of "wish list" I was wondering what some of your professional BB or any LRG commissioned art wish lists would be. I checked into a few of my dream list artists, but many don't do commissions through the mail. Anyway, here's mine:
Mike Mignola
Peter Laird
Stan Sakai
Erik Larson
EJ Su

#31 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:11 PM

2 others from a different thread

http://www.littlerub...d...3&hl=botcon

#32 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:15 PM

Sooo.....Instead of starting a thread I thought I'd continue this one and some folks who may have missed this cool art can enjoy.

Anyway, I'm looking to get some more professional art done and I've made a sort of "wish list" I was wondering what some of your professional BB or any LRG commissioned art wish lists would be. I checked into a few of my dream list artists, but many don't do commissions through the mail. Anyway, here's mine:
Mike Mignola
Peter Laird
Stan Sakai
Erik Larson
EJ Su

check out hiroaki samura's art from blade of the immortal. he's the tops in my book. i'd love to see his interpretations of prickly porcupine and miner mole. but i highly doubt you'd be able to get anything commissioned. but nerds can dream. :D

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#33 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:58 PM

Should I merge the 2 threads for you?

#34 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:14 PM

Damn man, i gotta step up my game! :D That is some crazy-good Battle Beast art.

For someone who's been doing art and attending cons for years, i don't know why i've never bothered to start a collection like this...i have precious little original art by other people, and pretty much nothing that's this polished. If i had to put together a dream list though it'd contain Mike Mignola, Joe Maduerera, Tony DiTerlizzi (not a comic artist but does fantastic monsters), Humberto Ramos, and Alex Ross. If that man can paint animals anything like he can people, it would be a thing of beauty.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#35 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:50 PM

Should I merge the 2 threads for you?

Yes please!

#36 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:09 PM

pretty sweet art... i need to bust out some original BB stuff...

#37 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:41 PM

Damn man, i gotta step up my game! :D That is some crazy-good Battle Beast art.

For someone who's been doing art and attending cons for years, i don't know why i've never bothered to start a collection like this...i have precious little original art by other people, and pretty much nothing that's this polished. If i had to put together a dream list though it'd contain Mike Mignola, Joe Maduerera, Tony DiTerlizzi (not a comic artist but does fantastic monsters), Humberto Ramos, and Alex Ross. If that man can paint animals anything like he can people, it would be a thing of beauty.

seconded. anyone with that amount of talent could prolly do anything they wanted to and make it look magnificent. i also strongly approve of diterlizzi. his art in the d&d monster manuals is some of my faves. since you've opened the flood gates on non-comic artists, let's also throw in brom, boris valejo (or julie bell, they're the same basically ^_^ ), frank frazetta, richard kane ferguson, carlos huante, puddnhead, neville page, iain mccaig, j.p. targete & david krentz. and back to comic artists i'd also like to see two of the less popular artists, dale keown and stephen platt, draw up some wicked laser beast action.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#38 Battlechaser7

Battlechaser7

Epicurian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:14 PM

seconded. anyone with that amount of talent could prolly do anything they wanted to and make it look magnificent. i also strongly approve of diterlizzi. his art in the d&d monster manuals is some of my faves. since you've opened the flood gates on non-comic artists, let's also throw in brom, boris valejo (or julie bell, they're the same basically B) ), frank frazetta, richard kane ferguson, carlos huante, puddnhead, neville page, iain mccaig, j.p. targete & david krentz. and back to comic artists i'd also like to see two of the less popular artists, dale keown and stephen platt, draw up some wicked laser beast action.

Dan
This is an awesome collection sweet idea I see others starting collections as I read. Steven Platt is amazing Id also love to see some Neal Adams and Portacio interpretations. Alex Ross was already mentioned and that is well deserved the man is talent through and through. But if you want some close to home talent Eric is amazing!!

Eric you surprise me every time I look at your work : )

Best,
Chris

Edited by Battlechaser7, 07 February 2010 - 11:17 PM.

キン肉マン

I buy toys, So I can sell toys, So I can buy more toys...

My Need toys link--Please check out for trades, updated as trades occur
need toys
My Available Trades
got toys

#39 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

Here's a new one I got at c2e2 by tRansformers artist Dan Khanna.

Attached Files

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com