62 replies to this topic

#51 derekdraws

derekdraws

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:18 PM

My wife and kids are leaving town to go visit family next weekend. If I can burn through this comic I'm doing I'd love to carve out some time to do this, seeing as I won't have the chance again for a long time. Sounds cool!

#52 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 06 September 2015 - 05:30 PM

Me and the missus just bought some sculpy at the store the other day, as we would love to try out hands at making some figures. Eventually we plan on attempting casting, etc...the whole works, but we are starting with just trying to make something first. I'm glad this thread got revitalized. I will try to make something as well and throw my hat in the ring so to speak. 

#53 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:10 PM

Dixiebull does next weekend work for you? The fun of 24 hour comic day was doing it with a group. Usually you find a comic shop willing to host people for the 24 hours and all hang out and draw your comics and such.

Would be cool if we could chat in the shout box or post here in this thread and all work on the same day. Camaraderie! Could even try and come up with a general theme or some design element to include on the sculpt.

#54 mokej1973

mokej1973

???

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:26 AM

I'm a little late spotting this thread, But I'm in! So here I go, starting my 24 hour timer as soon as I finish my cup O coffee. I have No idea what I am going to make I'll let the clay speak to me channel some LRG spirits. Ha ha

#55 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:35 PM

im still down once I have time.

#56 mokej1973

mokej1973

???

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:51 PM

Made this Trilo-biter, took about 8hrs. I used a bottle cap as well, it made an awesome base to hold onto Great Idea! thanks ironmask.

Attached File  IMG_1031.JPG   49.28K   22 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1025.JPG   49.61K   23 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1026.JPG   47.79K   20 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1027.JPG   52.67K   17 downloads

#57 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:06 PM

That is awesome! Cast that bad boy up!

#58 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:35 PM

Thats a cool little dude.
Him and your Beetle might duke it out sometime, Red.

#59 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:26 PM

Here's mine, AKA "rat with a hatchet".

Attached Files

#60 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:45 AM

Dixiebull does next weekend work for you? The fun of 24 hour comic day was doing it with a group. Usually you find a comic shop willing to host people for the 24 hours and all hang out and draw your comics and such.

Would be cool if we could chat in the shout box or post here in this thread and all work on the same day. Camaraderie! Could even try and come up with a general theme or some design element to include on the sculpt.

Hey yeah man that would be fine with me. It looks like everyone else is just randomly popping them off on here when they have the time, but my weekend could include making a figure for sure! Is there anyone else that is getting on board with this?

#61 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:19 AM

I did mine early, because I will be working through the entire suggested weekend. I do these 24 hour figures periodically though, so I am sure I will eventually catch up with you guys on one of them.

#62 Smotemotem

Smotemotem

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Toys, Video Games, Tabletop Games, Cartoons, Superheroes, Photography.

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:33 AM

Here's mine, AKA "rat with a hatchet".

Are these the early stages of "The Scurv?"

Come see my collection on Instagram: 

www.instagram.com/smotemotem/

#63 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:43 AM

Actually, haha, the original Scurv sculpt by me had been done for months by the time I did that one. I have a horde of unused rat/cat/dog character sculpts, because "animals".

Also: We decided to add this one to future Scurv offerings, so he will be available soonish.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com