Street Fighter SOTA action figures!

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#76 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:19 PM

The Variant 2 Packs are up for Preorder Now!

Green Zangief/Pink R. Mika = http://www.sotatoys....;categories_id=

Grey Yukata Honda/Grey skin Dhalsim = http://www.sotatoys....;categories_id=

Pretty cheap too! :pardon:

Posted Image

#77 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:34 PM

Yeah, I caught those last week. It's good to see actual different colored figs in those pics as opposed to the Photoshop recolors they had been showing. Well, after years of waiting, May 2008 finally came and went and still no figs. Now it looks like they have been pushed off till July 6th. Maybe I'll see them start to pop up on Ebay within a month because all the stores that used to sell them in my area have closed since the last wave of figs.

Edited by Kevin Mayle, 20 June 2008 - 12:36 PM.

#78 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:53 PM

Well, I'm certain they will be out by late august at the least. Alot of these variants are supposed to be available at the comic con, so I don't think Sota's vendors will take too kindly to not having promised product for the show. It could kill SOTA out right for good if that happened. I'm almost willing to bet Sota has gotten the basic set in and are ready to distribute at least.

I calculated it up, and if you wanted to get all 11 figures (4 basic) (7 variants) you would have to drop at least $220 bucks shipped.

Cornerstone comics basic set is the cheapest preorder, and they hold the Metal Zangief at a decent price.

Taostoys.com has the Blue dhalsim and it will cost you nearly $30 bucks shipped just for him! :ouch:

Then BigBadToystore did the same thing with their $20 buck Turbo Honda that costs another 8 to ship.

So you would practically be spending $20 bucks per figure shipped. Which is a tad high. :pardon:

I have held off on preordering any though.

Posted Image

#79 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:52 AM

Cornerstorecomics.com did the coolest thing, and got some stock of the Turbo Honda and Blue Dhalsim from BBTS and Taotoys. So you can save a good 20 bucks on shipping if you just buy all the figs from them, which I happily preordered. In fact they only charged me a little over $15 bucks to ship 7 figures. Can't wait to get them, but I'm mostly stoked about the variants.

What sucks Is I was going to go ahead and preorder the Honda/Dhalsim Zangief/Mika two packs from Sota's store, but they sold out their preorders before the last day, :lol: So my only hope it seems to get those four variants is that they don't manage to sell all of their stock at the SDCC this week. They were made in a limited run too. I don't think they said how many they made, but I'm sure it's under 800 pieces each.

So if anyone is going to be at the ComicCon this week let me know. :lol:

Cornerstore also bought out the remainder of Sota's direct stock of Round 1 to 4 figures, and is supposed to be having a sale here soon.....which kind of stinks, cause I hear they are suppose to have a few rare pieces up for grabs, and after my Rev 1 purchases, and some other things I've been saving up for, I probably won't be able to get in on it.

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 22 July 2008 - 11:55 AM.

Posted Image

#80 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

Well, Sota only made 500 of each of the Honda/Dhalsim Zangief/Mika two packs, and they are officially sold out.....completely. Gone Kaput! Sucks too, cause they are already hitting double they sale price on ebay. A lot of both packs went for 132.50 plus shipping today. So it's gonna be a while if ever that I'll be able to pick them up. Which is okay, cause with that money I had set aside for them, specifically, went to Cornerstorecomics.com's Sota Clearance sale!

http://cornerstoreco...af_sf_sale.html

I've been waiting for it all week, and I waited all day for the sale to start....of course they were set to start it at 10:00 a.m. PST, but were about 5 hours late starting the sale. Which is fine, I think I was one of the first to get in there, I got some good pieces dirt cheap, and they have already pulled some from the sale that sold out. :woot: I'm talking figs for 3 and 5 bucks each! Awesome deals!! I did hawk the site all evening before the sale started, so I think I got there before most anyone else did.

Anyways! Super fun time!

Posted Image

#81 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:47 AM

The Dhalsim wave has been delayed... YET AGAIN. Seriously, are they ever coming out? ^_^

#82 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:19 AM

Well some people have already gotten their 2 packs from the Con or Preorder and their Blue Dhalsims because SOTA rushed them in for the con. But things keep lagging over at the factory or with shipping. According to some of the last statements from Scott who is a SOTA employee (and has been ominously silent since the SDCC) they should have been on the Boat by mid July. But I think SOTA got so many complaints about breakage and quality with the rushed figures that they may have opted to let the Factory take it's time. Many people's Dhalsims have broken at the shoulder joints, and many Hondas have broken at the waste. I've read reports of Mikas falling apart at the waste as well. As of yet, I don't think anyone has had much trouble with Zangief. My High hopes for this wave is slowly dissipating. However if They were shipped in time, we should hear something within the next week or so according to my calculations.

I've already thought of cancelling my Preorder a few times, but I'll let it ride till the end of the month.

Jerry, the original owner of Sota said that Sota's license with Capcom should expire by October of this year. It's not sure whether Sota managed to extend the license, so anything after Rev-1 is almost impossible it seems, which means no Deejay. ^_^ A recent leak of a obvious Sota Prototype of Urien popped up about a week or so ago as well. He is in the same fashion as the new figures, so there is a twinge of hope still floating around, but not much. Especially after it was announced that NECA now has the Master License rights to Street Fighter for the next 3 or more years.

It's been speculated that Sota may have sold their rights to the REV series to NECA, and that they may possibly continue the line under the NECA Banner, but there is really too much to speculate on as of now.

Posted Image

#83 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 02:47 AM

Well, the other Day Scott Who WORKED at SOTA finally chimed back in on thefwoosh and actionfigure boards to let all us suspenseful fans know that he hasn't worked for Sota pretty much since the SDCC. Not only that, but Jed our friendly neighborhood SOTA Customer Rep and always peachy Quality Control guy is also no longer working for SOTA....... :D

So that's 2 more employees down. Scott always kept us as informed as his employers would let him, and Jed always made sure our toys that broke wouldn't remain so. Without them there is practically nobody else who has any dealings with the fans or customers. So although I'm not 100% sure of this, don't be surprised if you don't get a response about a broken toy or customer service question from SOTA ever again.

Things keep getting worse and worse. For all we know after SOTA gets it's REV-1 stock in and sells it off there probably won't be a SOTA Toys anymore.

So the delays Possibly are due to the guy who owns SOTA being the only guy there to fill orders and organize stock! :p For all we know Sota has had these figs in hand for weeks! :D

Posted Image

#84 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 01:04 PM

Good God, I have been waiting 3 years to get these figs. I hope they make it out before I die. Then let NECA come out with DeeJay and I can finally be done with this.
Then if NECA would make a good Usagi Yojimbo for their new TMNT line, and make figs for the first two Mortal Kombat games, I'd be a very happy dork.

#85 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:11 PM

I know right! Everytime I scroll through this topic and see the old Round-5 pics I die a little inside. :p I so would have loved to own a copy of that DJ and the original sculpt of Zangief. It's just sick really. I kept telling myself that the new Zangief is better than nothing, but nothing really is what we have been waiting for. REALLY!!! We should be on like Round 8 by now. If only the original factory didn't try to screw over SOTA.

Posted Image

#86 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:32 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! It's like a running joke! :lol: First they said these would be out by December of 2007, then they said the first quarter of 08, then it was March, then April, Then May, June, July, August, September, October, and now they are saying November! :lol: I'm losing my mind! :woot: And this was after they told everyone that they should be here by mid October. When Scott was still working there, he told us back in June that they would be on the boat in 2 weeks. :p

I'm willing to bet that everyone at SOTA quit and the guy who owns it now is trying to file for bankruptcy because he can't afford to pay the factory for production. :lol: :lol: :geek: :huh: :huh:

Posted Image

#87 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:13 PM

Here we go: http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem
And here: http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem
And here: http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem
First ones I've actually seen that aren't presales with a stock photo, or one of the exclusives. Actual evidence that the regular figures exist. These will probably go for more than I want to spend, so I'll wait for one to pop up as a Buy-It-Now.

Edited by Kevin Mayle, 04 October 2008 - 03:18 PM.

#88 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:48 PM

Actually, I thought that guy put those up with Buyitnows. Guess I was wrong. Anyway, they released these in China/Hong Kong about a week ago.

I've been a little slow, so I havn't really thought to post this info. A guy over at fwoosh.com posted pics of his figs last week. Look great! These should be coming out by the middle of the month, they have been shipped, so we are supposed to be getting them soon. The guy above is just trying to scalp for those few desperate collectors who can't stand to wait. He will surely never sell them though.

http://www.thefwoosh...p...c&start=135

http://www.action-fi...m...pic&t=22722

Posted Image

#89 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:44 AM

Finally, finally, finally!!!!!
I'm going to be so happy to add those to my shelf.
I hope NECA's first fig is DeeJay, as I'm sure the everyone else does too. No matter what characters get made, and how much people want them, each wave will be met with anger until they get DeeJay out of the way. After that, it's all good for everyone.
Actually, I think NECA just has the liscence for SF4. Is Dee Jay in SF4, and does he look the same?

Edited by Kevin Mayle, 05 October 2008 - 01:45 AM.

#90 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:27 AM

No, NECA seems to have the MASTER Street Fighter rights, but I think they are focusing on Action Figures for their line. So I think they have first dibs on all of the characters. Sota has been avoiding any details, and Neca hasn't said jack squat either. So we really aren't sure. But it would be good if NECA decided to focus only on the SF4 characters, and let Sota continue to make more REV figs from the other SF games. Or at the very least make them in the same design and scale as Sota's set. But Neca seems to never really hold onto a license for long, so I don't see em doing too much with this. Especially if the game is a flop.
However Jerry (original Sota owner) has been talking about possibly making some statues of unmade characters in the same scale and design of the Sota Action Figures. (Think MOTU Stactions) Hopefully he won't need to. I think he is planning to start off with Deejay. Personally I'd rather have more action figures, but the production prices for PVC has gone up, and he says that Resin is his only option. At least if my Sota figs fall over they won't shatter or chip.

Posted Image

#91 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:17 AM

Okay! Another collector from Singapore got his figs, and posted some very nice pics over at Fwoosh......Sadly nobody seems to be interested in R.Mika. I've been wanting some High quality pics of her, guess I'll have to wait till I get mine. :lol:

http://www.thefwoosh...1378440#1378440

And on another slightly exciting note, Jerry Macaluso has officially stated he is going to give his "Staction" Action figure style Statue line a go. He will be recruiting some of the sculptors who were involved with the first 4 rounds of Sota's Street fighter series. So we will see perfect representations of NEW characters in that lovely Old School Sota design. :(

Here is what he said.

Well I got my prices back from the factory. I have to sell 500 pieces to break even.

So I will give it a shot. Im having a new website built and will sell them only through that website. I will take pre-orders off the website and I have to hit at least 500 pre-orders to go into production.

I will start sculpting sometime in November and will release the first ones in time for San Diego Comic Con.

This is your guys chance so when the time comes (my website is up) you all need to push this line and make it successful.

Im game to make every single character if you all will buy them.

No articulation. Blister card. Some interchangable pieces like the old SOTA figs. $25 for smaller characters - $30 for larger ones.

Oh and yes I think Dan needs a proper figure.

So hopefully by the end of the year we will see something coming into the works with this new series. They will be in scale with the Sota figures, and cast in Resin. I'm a bit apprehensive about the resin, cause I don't want to drop or break them, especially at $25-$30 each. It isn't decided which character he will start with, but it surely will be either Deejay or a Third Strike character. Hopefully he keeps the variants down, cause I can't afford more than 1 or 2 of these at a time, which is his release plan, to do one figure every few months or so. So it will be collector friendly if anything. :D I'm sort of stoked about it.

I kind of hope SOTA or NECA keeps going with the Action Figures though, cause I would really like to have a full roster of characters.

Posted Image

#92 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:30 PM

All three of those look soooo good. It's a real shame that this line has now died. As much as I'd like all the fans to get every character they want, I think it was a mistake to make R Mika instead of Dee Jay. Same goes for the statues. All cool as they will probably be, and as much as I like the idea of the rest of the characters coming for those that want them, it would be a real shame to not get an actual action figure of Dee Jay to complete the set. I really hope NECA doesn't drop the ball on this. They've got my faith based on their other toylines. Especially the new TMNT figs. (I hope they make a new Usagi Yojimbo)

#93 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:28 AM

I'm actually still holding on to the very VERY slim hope that Sota is permitted to release one more Revolutions set. After all, we have seen a leaked prototype mock up of Urien in the past couple of months.(did I mention that?) And it was reported that they had gotten Capcom approval for the Alex Prototype at the least. Maybe they ironed out the details fro Rev-2 already, and will be able to fill us out.....but I'm sure that's not the case. If they can't, I hope SOTA goes under by the end of the year. NECA will probably only make the new characters from SF4 and surely pimp out SF4 versions of the older characters......which I might buy as long as scale isn't an issue.

Personally I'm tired of everyone jumping on the 3 to 4 inch band wagon. I want a hunk of plastic or nothing really.

***Edit*** Anyway, here are those Urien pics. A bit late posting them, but oh well. Can't really give any credit to anyone for the pics except maybe Scott, since I believe someone broke in and stole them from his Photobucket account. Strangely Fwoosh forums kept removing all topics posted about these a few months back, but no one could really do anything about ActionFigures.com, since well, I don't think anyone moderates much there anymore. Wonder why they kept removing them at Fwoosh.

Attached Files

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 10 October 2008 - 04:52 AM.

Posted Image

#94 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:48 AM

Wait, so the Street Fighter line's been botched AGAIN? I had no idea any of this was happening, i totally bought into Sota's grand scheme for a relaunch, and was excited more than anything to finally get a Zangief figure after years of jumping on board with soon-to-be aborted Street Fighter lines from Resaurus onward.

Guh.

I think i might actually sell all my old Sota figures, it's just not worth bothering with SF toys anymore....are they worth anything at all loose/complete?
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#95 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:28 PM

Strangely more people like to buy these MOC, and that's the only way you will really get full value, but with the Rev-1 figs lagging so long, alot of folks have lost interest even in MOC figs, and even some LONG time collectors and Completest have been selling their collections lately. In fact, until either NECA or SOTA show any new product, expect the prices to continue plummeting and interst to wain.
Most loose figs seem to go for like $3 to $8 bucks each it seems depending on variant or character. If you got any that I need on the first post of this topic, then I'd gladly buy them from you loose or not. :D

I'm glad I didn't get into Resaurus myself. I hate to see all the great figs they had to cancle. Their next sets were going to include Guile and Dhalsim. In fact just the other day someone posted a topic over at AF.com with all the cancelled unmade SF protos since the GIJoe line.

http://www.action-fi...4ad6edc7cfd3880

Posted Image

#96 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:31 PM

Unfortunately i don't think i have any that you need...my collection was pretty limited due to nobody carrying them. Pretty much every figure i got was from Hot Topic clearance sales, of all places. I was pretty excited for that Zangief though, and totally ready to pay full price upon his release.

I wonder if Capcom will ever start licensing any of their properties to competent toy manufacturers? Seems like every Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, and Megaman line to hit the shelves is just unceremoniously canceled due to lack of funding or ambition by the licensee, despite all being popular franchises with GREAT toyline potential. Even the Minimates line only got one wave and then a wave of repaints before being abandoned.

It was a bummer collecting the ReSaurus line and having it axed (i remember seeing that Guile and Dhalisim in toyfare or something...could've sworn i also saw a Honda though...), but i'm glad i bought 'em. The Blanka and Sagat figures are amazing and i wouldn't trade 'em for anything.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#97 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:14 AM

Your right, there seems to be a curse of some sort on the Capcom Licenses. :lol: Bandai seems to be the only company that has made figures of all the SF2/Turbo characters, and unfortunately those are usually 2" inches tall and mono-colored. :rolleyes: Probably why they never have trouble. :D

Jerry was going to make as many as he could when he owned SOTA, but the factory they were working with was bootlegging their figs, and all that good stuff, I guess he said screw it, and sold the company cause he was tired of the factories. Shame really, he had that series going strong, and not only would we have gotten those Sweet Round 5 sculpts we would be on Round 8 by now at least. The new guy was a moron to scrap the old SOTA sculpts.

Even Jazzwares had potentially great lines in the works! But their Street Fighter series didn't last long at all. I was mostly super geared for their Megaman Retro Roto line, and still have the first 5 figs from that set. Sucks they dropped it. :( Capcom licenses just don't do well over here in the states for some strange reason.

Most of the guys who own toy cos. over here are just into making the profit, and they will easily drop or cancel a line if it doesn't over sale. I think Jazzwares main problem was getting and keeping retailers onboard, and maybe licensor approval. SOTA has done well enough by focusing on webstores, which I wish many companies would do, since alot of the high end collectors get their stuff offline instead of brick and mortar.

But as long as Jerry keeps his new SF series geared towards the SF fans and collectors, and doesn't bite off more than he can chew, and keeps it going, then I think it should last a while. I just want SOTA to be able to continue making figures though.

Jerry said they rushed out Round 1, but I don't see it, cause Sagat is still by far the best sculpt in the whole series, and still my number one favorite! That was just a great fig! I only wish he had the shin swivel.

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 11 October 2008 - 02:17 AM.

Posted Image

#98 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:39 AM

Well, I won me the SDCC exclusive 2 packs on eBay a week ago, and got them yesterday. They aren't worth taking pics of. That's all I have to say about them. Here are my posts I made on A-F and Fwoosh. Read them, and that will tell you what I think. :rolleyes:

http://www.thefwoosh...1411877#1411877

http://www.action-fi...m...pic&t=22835

I'll only take new pics of my collection when I get the Player 1 figs. I'm sure they will be much better....at least that's my hope.

Funny thing is the whole world has already gotten these...except for the US. So far Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, Japan, and a number of other places have collectors reporting to have purchased these in stores. Soooo....what's up with us being last on the rung.

Posted Image

#99 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:44 AM

Where's the Zangief pics?

#100 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:58 AM

Gosh Kevin, you won't take no for an answer huh. :lol: I'll see what I can do. :lol: But no promises.

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com