Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Big FleaKid and His Sewer Pals (TMNT NES baddies!)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:48 PM

July is Mutant Month on the Prize Inside! Patreon and so here comes....

tumblr_osq5m4Gn8B1sktul3o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_osq5m4Gn8B1sktul3o7_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_osq5m4Gn8B1sktul3o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_osq5m4Gn8B1sktul3o6_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_osq5m4Gn8B1sktul3o8_r1_1280.jpg

Big FleaKid stands 2" tall and is inspired by this handsome fellow from the 1989 TMNT NES game:

tumblr_inline_oskzteecLn1qjihlv_540.jpg

He's joined by a few more sewer-soaked rowdies:

tumblr_onsngskKkQ1qlxixqo7_r1_1280.jpgtumblr_onsngskKkQ1qlxixqo6_r1_1280.jpg

Wandering Eye:

tumblr_inline_oskztj7EHi1qjihlv_540.jpg

And Stick-Em-Up/Roof Leaper:

tumblr_inline_oskztit2m21qjihlv_540.jpg

Backers of the Prize Inside! Patreon will get access to these and a lot more this month, as well as all of last month's releases.

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:02 AM

Every month you make me want a 3d printer!

Where are the best places to buy one? I doubt it'll happen any time soon, but it would be good to know where to start looking.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:35 AM

Every month you make me want a 3d printer!

Where are the best places to buy one? I doubt it'll happen any time soon, but it would be good to know where to start looking.

I have a Micro3D, the version I have is the pre-revision, which is what I've made everything on, and with a coupon code that's $199 right now, or you can get the revised version that prints faster and has some other improvements for $299. 

It has a lot of advantages. It's super user-friendly for one. Most people are used to the idea of 3d printers that are designed to be used by tinkerers and techs, but this one has the difficulty curve of an injet printer. The software is easy to use and the spools of filament have codes on them you put in and the printer auto-sets to their use (you can use other people's filament too, with manual settings) 

The only thing I had to finagle was a mount for the spools, since the printer can only hold a 250ft spool inside its auto-feeder, and the auto-feeder doesn't work with flexible filaments. I just put a dowel through a cardboard box and use that to hold the spools while the print feeds. You have to watch your first couple of prints because until you use the filament to a certain level its prone to popping out out of the spool. The only other drawback I've found is that it doesn't use a heated print bed (M3d's larger one does) so instead there's replaceable textured sheets that stick onto the base plate. When the sheet wears out you replace it, so that is another consumable to deal with, but I've heard of people using blue painters tape in place of the textured sheets with no issues.

Filament costs from $15-25 per 250ft spool depending on the material, double that for a 500ft spool. Printing Big FleaKid (2" by 2" wide, by about 1.5" deep) at high quality with a heavy fill, you'd get about 16 of him out of a 250-ft spool. 

I've found that with my willingness to drop sizable chunks on indie toys and short-run boutique figures that the 3d printer was a good investment for the price. I've spent more than $300 on individual Transformers before, and even if you can't 3d model, there's my service, 3d model sites, and even toy-building apps from Autodesk that let you print stikfa/Xevoz style stuff. 

Hope that helps!

#4 Maxrez

Maxrez

Cosmic Loot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:10 PM

The stance is perfect on this little critter !

#5 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:14 PM

I have a Micro3D, the version I have is the pre-revision, which is what I've made everything on, and with a coupon code that's $199 right now, or you can get the revised version that prints faster and has some other improvements for $299. 

I know that isn't necessarily a bad price, but it is admittedly a large sum of money to jump into the hobby. It's the only thing holding me back!

I have heard good things about the Micro3D, (primarily it's user-friendliness). It is very likely when I finally get on the bandwagon that it will be the one I use.

I really like your patreon ideas and will absolutely back it whenever I get my hands on a printer!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#6 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:30 PM

tumblr_inline_ot5s5vPCFx1sou59i_1280.jpg

SURPRISE DROP FOR DELUXE BIG FLEAKID!

Prize Inside! patrons at the $10 and up level now have access to print your own deluxe Big FleaKid, an updated version of Big Fleakid with joints at the shoulders, hips and neck, and a 5mm grip-claw. Click here for the Patreon.

And to test the waters we’re doing a special drop of pre-printed and assembled Big FleaKids, 5 in “Metltdown Orange” and 5 in “Plutonium Green”, each figure costs $20 and comes with a free bonus 3d printed surprise!

Grab $50 or more from the store and get free shipping in the US and Canada, click here for the store.

#7 Rxchrisg

Rxchrisg

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

This is the best tribute to the worst game.

#8 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:23 PM

That's awesome!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com