• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:20 AM

First I apologize if this is in the wrong topic thread (since I love Kinkeshi/Kinnikuman, I thought it would fit best here)…

Boy oh boy have I missed this place/space! More than you will ever know!

I took a break from collecting Kinkeshi & anything pretty much Kinnikuman for about 1 year and 7 months (but who’s counting).

Originally the plan was to continue collecting vintage kinkeshi when I travelled to Japan again in 2019 but that never materialized.

I did however travel to Asia (Vietnam) in December 2019 and came back to Germany in January 2020 (looking back now I dodged a huge bullet all things considered).

The last time I logged in to LRG was maybe December of 2018 or early January 2019 (but I am not sure).

I just read all the messages sent during that time! Sorry Homies!

I was pretty disconnected from LRG (I did lurk from time to time without logging in). I only have Facebook and no instagram (I keep avoiding it).

What lead me to LRG again?

After mostly giving away my doubles because I needed the space (Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & Amada Kinkeshi), I purposely took a break from collecting vintage Kinkeshi or anything Kinnikuman related.

For the newer releases, I stopped at Part 5 of the new Gashapon Kinkeshi.

I also got overwhelmed with all the new releases!

In the beginning it was awesome to see new life being brought to Kinkeshi and the franchise itself (especially the 40th Anniversary) but I felt the releases of new Gashapon and “Premium Releases” kept coming out quicker than I could buy/afford them.

So as I mentioned before, I didn’t buy anything Kinnikuman for quite some time.

All that changed in 2020 (last week to be specific) when I decided for kicks & giggles to visit the ol’ Mandarake website and search for Kinkeshi/Kinnikuman and see what would pop up!

For anyone who has known me here on LRG, I had been looking to complete my Deka collection for quite some time as I was only missing 1 (Mariposa).

I actively searched for about 2 years with no luck. Long behold last week one popped up at Nakano and was listed online!

It was not necessarily cheap but that brought me back in! I ordered that Deka within seconds (waiting anxiously for it to arrive).

So here we are! I didn’t stop collecting during my Kinkeshi/Kinnikuman hiatus.

I started collecting the WWF Hasbro figures and other vintage wrestling figures (you would think as a former Pro Wrestler that would have been something I would have collected but not really).

I bought a new display shelf from IKEA and I am digging up my collection, am so grateful I documented everything here as it serves as a reference/checklist for where I left off!

So what I miss?

Love

Pedro

#2 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:58 AM

Hey, Pedro! Good to see you again and hope all is well.

Like you said there seems to be no end to new Kinnikiman stuff hitting the markets, and not just figures. I see Kinniku branding on all kinds of products coming out of Japan these days, and it's pretty cool. The franchise is as popular among fans young and old as it ever was, which isn't too shabby for something that's been around for forty years now.

It definitely can be overwhelming to try and keep up with everything as it gets released, and expensive, too. Remember to pace yourself! :D

#3 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

ig: @itsgregstoys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 11:17 AM

Welcome back, Pedro! Like both you and fuzzbuster said, new Kinnikuman toys are being released pretty regularly over in Japan, although the prices in general are prettay prettay steep. Def not comparable to your average MUSCLE or kinkeshi. Still, it's awesome that Kinnikuman is staying alive.

I myself was lucky enough to visit Japan in October before the whole hopefully-not-apocalypse, and I spent a good amount of time and money at Mandarake Nakano picking up assorted random LRGs. Recently, I've also been working diligently on helping to improve the Kinnikuman wiki, particularly reformatting and trying to flesh out the pages for minor Kinnikuman characters and minor Nisei characters.

Also, if you're not aware, a Spanish language blog, SaikoNF, has recently begun subbing the Scramble for the Throne arc episodes into both English and Spanish! They're only 4 episodes in, but I ain't complainin'.

As for the board itself, it does feel like things have slowed down a bit over here. It's still a great community of generous LRG collectors, but nowadays it seems like facebook groups like Mini Figure Militia, and posting/sharing/hashtagging on instagram are the best places to share/find/trade/buy toys.

Again, glad to have you back!

Greg

Edited by DaHumorist, 06 August 2020 - 12:04 PM.

#4 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 07:49 PM

Glad you're back. I have a lot of questions. I'll let you get settled in before I start bombarding you, but I'm looking for a lot of kinkeshi help.

#5 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 08 August 2020 - 05:11 AM

@fuzzbuster

“Remember to pace yourself!”

This would be the best advice I would give to new collectors and one that was given to me when I first joined LRG.

I will definitely pace myself with the new Gashapon releases as I don’t have the sense of urgency I do with those as I did with the vintage line of Kinkeshi (in regards to time and prices).

@DaHumorist

It’s crazy how the profile pics helped me remember “who was who” and then I did get tripped up when I noticed the profile pictures changed LOL

A while back I bought the Kinnikuman Complete Box DVD collection and I just started rewatching the series this week (I was able to see/understand the first 30 episodes or so in Spanish).

So it’s good to know people are subbing episodes of the anime!

I have fought the instagram urge for quite some time but you are right about Facebook groups being the best way to share/find/trade/buy toys (I did this for the WWF Hasbro line).

I had my entire vintage collection in storage and it has been great opening those boxes and doing inventory!

@Krangala

Already saw your messages! Will reply soon :)

#6 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 09:18 AM

Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com