Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

LEE'S TOY REVIEW TO DO COMPLETE BB/LB GUIDE!!!

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#151 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:07 PM

Sounds great!!! I am really looking forward to a Laser Beast guide if they can put one together as beautifully as they did for the Battle Beasts.

Eric

Actually, I think the LB guide will easily surpass the BB guide! There is soooo much more $$$ & rare items to document! Dabbuu has it all, so it should be GREAT!!!

Ben, if you are reading this, I sure hope they include the Rainbow Samu white around the eyes variation vs. no white around the eyes and even the Slag King gray skin vs. tan skin variation!!! Also, PLEASE make sure Lee's gives credit to Sylvain Heyser for the 6 French Shields!!!

On a side note, anyone w/ TONS and TONS of extras (like Roland13), take a blacklight to them and you can show any plastic or paint variations, even slight w/ a blacklight!!!

TGB

#152 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 573 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:26 PM

Hello,

Does anyone have the slag king variation it is the only thing I am missing as of now, keep in mind I need this by Sunday.

thanks

dabbuu
Posted Image

#153 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:27 PM

Hello,

Does anyone have the slag king variation it is the only thing I am missing as of now, keep in mind I need this by Sunday.

thanks

dabbuu

I can send photos of it to Lee's...they used my photo of the 6 French shields. ;)

LMK,
TGB

#154 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:20 PM

Okay,

Please send me and them a photo. Also can you give me a quick rundown of all the variations they haven't included yet. I want to see if I forgot something

dabbuu
Posted Image

#155 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:45 PM

Okay,

Please send me and them a photo. Also can you give me a quick rundown of all the variations they haven't included yet. I want to see if I forgot something

dabbuu

The only 3 LB variations I know of are Samu, Grots, and Slag.

The Slag is REALLY hard to get the obvious skin difference to show well in photos. I will try. If the photos are distinct enough...forget the Slag King variant...

Also, I will try to take photos of Lazorlion's #101 w/ unpainted toes this weekend when I am in KC. Now that is a KILLER vairant and it is EXACTLY as described in the links below. Ben, if you can forward the description to Lee's for the guide, that would be GREAT!!!

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

#156 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:53 PM

The samu I have and I also have a slag from the punchbox and the charger(I just cant tell a dif between them) as far as the grotess, I don't know what they are going to do. I also plan on updating the regular beast collection, I'm bringing a ton of the spanish beasts and greek beasts. Are there any regular variants that are not currently in the guide?

dabbuu

Edited by dabbuu, 22 March 2006 - 04:26 AM.

Posted Image

#157 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:46 AM

The samu I have and I also have a slag from the punchbox and the charger(I just cant tell a dif between them) as far as the grotess, I don't know what they are going to do. I also plan on updating the regular beast collection, I'm bringing a ton of the spanish beasts and greek beasts. Are there any regular variants that are not currently in the guide?

dabbuu

Other than what we have in the guide (my collection) Eaon probably has the MOST BB variations. As far as that Slag King...it is like a gray vs. a gray w/ some brown tint to it. When you hold a black light to it, the difference in the plastic is profound!!! The guns are very different too...one is sort of flat or matte and the other is more metallic.

Now the #101...I will be honest, if they don't put that variation in there...I will be SUPER DISAPPOINTED as that is a complete head to toe (skin tone, armor color, toes, and weapon) variation of one of the collector's FAVORITE character!!!

TGB

#158 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:51 AM

Hello,

So I brought my collection to Lee's yesteday and they were only interested in photographing items they hadn't photographed for issue #160. They took a total of 960 photos but each item was photographed twice so its only 480 new items. I don't know if they are planning to include everything in the updated guide and they still have to contact me again in regards to descriptions as to what everything is and so forth. The issue should come out in June, July or August and I helped them revise thier battle beast price section as best I could. In addition, due to the high rate of feedback they recieved from issue #160, (apparently only M.A.S.K had as good a feedback), and if this feedback continues with the laser beast issue, they are considering making a further exclusive battle beast issue/semi-book to incorporate everything battle beasts. They also expressed intrest in doing a guide on muscle men, if I could get a collection of those together. Lee was very nice and I rather enjoyed my time there.

dabbuu
Posted Image

#159 Dragoonzero0

Dragoonzero0

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:03 AM

Great job Dabuu
hopefully the new issue will be more comprehensive and accurate
thanks for furthering the hobby

Dragoonzero0

#160 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:43 AM

OUTSTANDING DABBUU!!!!!

That is absolutly outstanding news!!!!! Great work!!!! :lol: ;) :lol:

I can't wait to see this review!!!

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#161 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:04 AM

That is great news! I took the photos of Lazorlion's #101 w/ green upainted toes this weekend and I will send them to Lee's.

As far as the G1 muscle guide, I mentioned it to Ben right after issue #160 when Jkaris discovered 11 super rares that are OOAK!!! I have a complete set of the basic 236 G1 muscles, however, I will leave that to the die hard muscle heads like Jkaris who actually has the photos of the SUPER RARES. I just made the push to Ben so that Lee's would do the first G1 Muscle guide as well!!!

Thanks for taking the time and effort to go to Lee's!!! That guide is gonna ROCK!!!

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 27 March 2006 - 10:04 AM.

#162 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:32 PM

I zipped some photos and emailed them to Ben. #101 variation, #109 variation, and some BB variations.

I also sent him the exact spelling of Lazorlion & Lord's names so IF Lee's uses the #101 unpainted toes and heels and the 6 French shields credit is given.

Dabbuu, you don't have all 6 French shields do you? I know you had 3 right?

TGB

#163 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:39 AM

Excellent news!!! thx Dabbuu !!!

Dabbuu, you don't have all 6 French shields do you? I know you had 3 right?

i think he has 2, sea panic and dragon seahorn.. am I right?

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#164 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:51 AM

Good, send them that CD they will use the photos from it,

As far as the shields trumanshower is right I have the seahorn and seapanic only. They will use lords for the guide if they put them in again

dabbuu
Posted Image

#165 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:51 PM

Ok you're all bastitchs. Now I can't wait for this issue. With all the feedback they had they will for sure do a great job. And with Dabbuu pics this will be the best issue ever !

Sylvain

#166 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 01:57 PM

Ok you're all bastitchs. Now I can't wait for this issue. With all the feedback they had they will for sure do a great job. And with Dabbuu pics this will be the best issue ever !

Sylvain

No doubt!!!

I zipped the HUGE sized photos to Ben, so Lee's SHOULD be able to use those.

I also spelled out Lazorlion and Lord's names to have Lee's credit them for the #101 unpainted toes/heel and the 6 French shields.

After Ben's GREAT article in the BB guide...I KNOW his intro to this one will kick arse as well! :D :( B)

Thanks again Ben for pushin' Lee's to do these guides!!! Heaven knows Lee's has sold plenty more issues because of this. Hope you get a free subscription or something for all your hard work! :) ;)

TGB

#167 Darth Monkey

Darth Monkey

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:13 PM

Hey guys,

Zipped files have been "zipped" over to Lee's.

The Laser Beast guide has been solicited for the AUGUST issue. I know, I know, we've got to wait quite a while. But obviously, Lee's wants to make the best guide possible, and considering how well the response has been to the BB guide in issue #160, I think they will.

To all the Frenchies, I have written in my introduction that ALL TWELVE of the Shield Battlers were available in France, and the purple sled was only available in France. This introduction that I have written is a bit more complex due the randomness of the availability of Laser Beasts in Japan. Quick question, just to make sure I have everything right: what items were available in the Punch Box? Is this right:

-Clear Carp
-Striped Carp
-Prize Drill w/ King Buster
-Prize Drill w/ Slag King

and all of these came with the 5-packs of weapons?

#168 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:31 PM

the punch box can also have prize drill with skull grotess and the blue drill

dabbuu
Posted Image

#169 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:09 PM

the punch box can also have prize drill with skull grotess and the blue drill

dabbuu

Has anyone varified 100% that punch boxes contained blue drills? I mean, the only ones that have surfaced to the community have been sold individually on Ebay/private sales.

Has anyone purchased a punch box and checked the contents to see if there is a blue drill? I have yet to hear of anyone finding one that way. In fact, I know 2-3 collectors that have purchased multiple sealed punch box and NO blue drills were in them.

I just want to check...because I don't think Ben wants to state this in a international toy mag and have theories in the article. Look at the Greek BB. just because a well known toy site had unknown figures listed as protos...EVERYONE believed it as FACT for years.

Not trying to step on toes, I just want Ben to be able to have a FACTUAL article and Lee's to have a FACTUAL guide. :lol:

I guess it would be nice if those that have found incredible items or information...would make it public. I really have NEVER understood the secrecy w/ collecting BB/LB (which is why I believe the old Yahoo BB group was the way it was). :lol:

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 31 March 2006 - 04:09 PM.

#170 Orca

Orca

The Idea Man & Custom Vehicle Inventor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:07 AM

I guess it would be nice if those that have found incredible items or information...would make it public. I really have NEVER understood the secrecy w/ collecting BB/LB (which is why I believe the old Yahoo BB group was the way it was). :lol:

TGB

You could say the same thing about almost any toyline. There aren't too many toylines from the eighties that don't have "secrets"

Other than what we are trying to do here with this site and the Battlebeasts the only three other less than mainstream toylines from the eighties that have every ounce of info found available for their toylines onto one site or atleast a link to a site that has the rest of the info are the Visionaries, Starcom, and the Rocklords. there are prolly others but i may not collect them so i don't know about them.

The Transformers is one toyline that seems to hold more than it's share of secrets. I still don't know what the 1988 Hasbro Catalogue shows for that year. I know it supposedly has some unproduced Action Master, Micromaster and Pretender toys in it.

#171 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:26 PM

"Has anyone varified 100% that punch boxes contained blue drills? I mean, the only ones that have surfaced to the community have been sold individually on Ebay/private sales."

I have verified 100% that the way to get a blue drill was in a punchbox. I've stated this already. This is the way they came and this is the way I recieved mine, sealed in a punchbox with a 101.

dabbuu
Posted Image

#172 trumanshower

trumanshower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:07 PM

what is the punch box packaging look like?? i can't see it... :lol:

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!

#173 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 02 April 2006 - 03:42 PM

As far as the G1 muscle guide, I mentioned it to Ben right after issue #160 when Jkaris discovered 11 super rares that are OOAK!!!  I have a complete set of the basic 236 G1 muscles, however, I will leave that to the die hard muscle heads like Jkaris who actually has the photos of the SUPER RARES.  I just made the push to Ben so that Lee's would do the first G1 Muscle guide as well!!!

Any news on this?

I'm surprised no one has shared this information with the AKIA. (Or have I simply missed it?)

Should us MUSCLE collectors email Lee's to show that we are interested, or just hang tight?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#174 Darth Monkey

Darth Monkey

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:36 AM

Just hang tight. Lee's has to sell magazines, and so the reviews they include usually coincide with movies, so you can definitely expect some X-Men and Superman reviews this summer. Lee's originally told me they were planning on a 2-page feature like I did for BB in issue #130, and if that gets a good reaction, they will go ahead with a full review, assuming we can get a collection. But sit tight. We've got to get through the LB guide first!

#175 trumanshower

trumanshower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:12 AM

The Laser Beast guide has been solicited for the AUGUST issue.

Dabbuu and Ben, can you affirm that the LB guide will be for the august issue?? what #number will it be??
I want to be sure to command the good one because I have to buy a lot of it, for all the french collectors.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com