#2 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 05:37 PM

When i read his post about them being "Rare" Kinnikuman , i also though
i've never seen them before .( probaly because they're not kinikuman )

I think the can is pretty interesting though , be nice to put yellow kinnikuman
into them.

I have a couple of novelty garbage cans i use as storage for my muscle
i'll post a pic one day soon along with my collection.

nothing beats the Romando blender for storage

Mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#3 NewOldGuy

NewOldGuy

~M~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:composing and recording music; fine quality films; fine quality foods; martial arts; body modification; collecting stuff such as M.U.S.C.L.E. and Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise as well as swords/knives/blades; sci-fi/horror conventions; and all things genuinely macabre and twisted

Posted 27 February 2007 - 05:39 PM

I've never seen one of these in yellow before?? :lol:

pretty cool

what the....???
Did someone dunk it in yellow house paint?
Actually I thought I read somewhere that the Muscle cans were an offshoot of some other thing...a container for a particular modelling clay or something. Still....odd.
If my favorite color was yellow and I was huffing permanent markers all day, I'd bid on it for the can...and later use the figs for slingshot target practice.
~M~

#4 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:52 PM

Well they used the trash can for the clay presser.

http://ulala69.hp.in...lay-presser.htm

Seeing how Bandai is notorious for reusing the same crap over again, i'm sure it's just a different color can used for another clay presser set. Maybe a godzilla kaiju Presser set or ultraman.

Posted Image

#5 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:21 PM

In fact These multi color can's seem to have just come with these Kaiju keshis. Seeing how Bandai bought out Popy back in the day, they probably reissued the keshis in Bandai Trashcans for retail. Heres another lot I found, but with a green can.

Of Kaijus and Cans

Then again, maybe the can's were made by Popy, and Bandai just used them for Kinnikuman after absorbing Popy. Who knows.

Posted Image

#6 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:51 PM

nice find URS! I wonder how many colors these came in??

In my opinion, marketing wise the semi-clear MUSCLE cans are an improvement. I think that being able to partially see but not completely see what figures you are getting adds to the excitement of the purchase! But the colored ones look cool :lol:

I may have to pick some up at some point...

Posted Image

#7 galactiboy

galactiboy

My collection has budded...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:I love pop-culture collectibles. M.U.S.C.L.E. figures were one of my favorite toys as a child and as an adult they sparked my collector bug. Aside from M.U.S.C.L.E. and Kinnikuman I also primarily collection 1/6 figures as well as some busts and prop replicas.<br /><br />I'm also a musician; playing the drums and banjo, enjoy movies and reading.

Posted 18 March 2007 - 12:43 PM

I actually won that auction... I haven't received the figures yet but if you have any questions once I get it in I'll be happy to give the can a thorough inspection.

#8 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:08 AM

There's a green one on eBay now.

Attached Files

• Attached File  22.jpg   21.67K   23 downloads

Edited by gilgar, 19 March 2007 - 07:08 AM.

Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#9 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:00 AM

Why are these colored cans popping up RIGHT NOW?

Shouldn've we have seen these in the past eight years?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#10 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:06 AM

Why are these colored cans popping up RIGHT NOW?

Shouldn've we have seen these in the past eight years?

They've been around here & there just no one ever started a thread about them that I can recall
Posted Image

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#11 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:07 AM

Well it hasn't been till recently that it has become more prominent for collectors to purchase Japanese auctions with all the middle men who have popped up. That and foreign eBayers have been selling alot more lately.

Posted Image

#12 ambrosescience

ambrosescience

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:35 PM

Actually, I believe this set came out before MUSCLE was released in the US

It was actually released as "Monster Toss" by Bandai in the US. I received one of these when I was 3-4 years old. MUSCLE didn't come out until I was about 7. At the time of receiving these, my mother told me she bought me "Garbage Can Monsters".

I eventually lost all the toys and went on a search to find "Garbage Can Monsters" for many years on ebay. After receiving a lead that the toys may have actually been Ultraman toys and not called "Garbage Can Monsters", I finally found "Monster Toss" online and bought it. The back of the blister pack is copyrighted 1981. It comes with a yellow can of 12 monsters and a little catapult to toss them into the can.

Actually, when MUSCLE came out a few years later, I was extremely excited that "Garbage Can Monsters" were being re-released. The can was exactly the same size, but call me crazy, I never warmed up to MUSCLE quite the same way.

Hopefully this helps. I'm posting the website where I found the monster toss. They still have not taken it off their site, even after I made the purchase:

http://www.billygala.../kinnikuman.htm

Its only a partial picture and is item #12 on the page.

P.S. I'm so excited I just found this message board tonight. I am actually constantly looking for these little ultraman kaiju from the monster toss set and would be interested in talking to anyone who would be willing to sell or lead me in the direction where I can find more.

Please email me - I'm new to the board and woudl love some feedback on this post!

-Rob-

#13 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:44 PM

Cool find! Thanks for posting and welcome to the boards! After your post I did some searching, and suprisingly I can't find any info on these guys! If they are on ebay they are probably going to be mislisted, or listed as godzilla or ultraman kaiju. I'm an info buff, so I'll probably try to locate something on these from somewhere. Never even knew Monster Toss existed. :D Thanks for sharing! Man Toys are fun!

Posted Image

#14 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:05 PM

that 'Monster Toss' sounds pretty cool - I'm yet to find a decent picture of it though :devil:

Anyhoo, even earlier than Monster Toss was......SLIME!!!

Attached File  slime1.jpg   27.92K   18 downloadsAttached File  slime2.jpg   21.85K   9 downloads

The tubs aren't exactly the same as MUSCLE but it's pretty damn close in style/size and made by Mattel so I found it interesting -_-

I wonder what the worms are like inside the orange one? Ayone remenber these?

Anyway, according to a recent ebay auction they were from 1978, and you wont beleive how much two went for...

eBay auction

Posted Image

#15 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:13 PM

Welcome Amborsescience, thanks for the information!

So are the figures in the attached image the "Monster Toss" figures you're talking about? (If so, I agree that they will almost certainly be mislabeled if ever listed on ebay.)

In any case, if you check out Yahoo! Japan, you can find TONS of Kaiju figures!

(1) Yahoo! Japan - Kaiju/Keshi Search

(2) Crescent Trading -- Middle man service for bidding on Yahoo! Japan

Attached Files

Posted Image

#16 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:45 PM

that 'Monster Toss' sounds pretty cool - I'm yet to find a decent picture of it though :)

Anyhoo, even earlier than Monster Toss was......SLIME!!!

Attached File  slime1.jpg   27.92K   18 downloadsAttached File  slime2.jpg   21.85K   9 downloads

The tubs aren't exactly the same as MUSCLE but it's pretty damn close in style/size and made by Mattel so I found it interesting :)

I wonder what the worms are like inside the orange one? Ayone remenber these?

Anyway, according to a recent ebay auction they were from 1978, and you wont beleive how much two went for...

eBay auction

I'm almost certain the worms were purple but I can't remember their consistency. I'll have to ask my sister--she had the orange with worms & I just had the regular green slime.
Posted Image

#17 fontilan

fontilan

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:12 PM

Oh man, how I wish I had seen this before those auctions had ended. I've been searching for these guys for years. I had a set when I was little that came in a green trash can, but now I have lost all of them but three.

Here's one of them:
Posted Image

I have to say that though these guys are rarer than muscle, they are far superior in my opinion.

#18 SiberianSpecialForces

SiberianSpecialForces

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:10 AM

80's Ultraman Vol 1

Vol 3
Posted Image

#19 fontilan

fontilan

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:07 PM

Btw, if anyone sees another set of these little guys I'd appreciate it if they'd post it. I'm very bad at finding these auctions while they are active, even though it seems like I search just about every day. And if anybody's got a set they'd be willing to sell I would pay as much as $50 for the full set. I really am that desperate.... :huh:

p.s. I'm looking for the figures more than the cans, although I wouldn't mind having the can as well.

Edited by fontilan, 05 July 2007 - 02:16 PM.

#20 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:56 PM

Oh man, how I wish I had seen this before those auctions had ended. I've been searching for these guys for years. I had a set when I was little that came in a green trash can, but now I have lost all of them but three.

Here's one of them:
Posted Image

I have to say that though these guys are rarer than muscle, they are far superior in my opinion.

Very cool little figure thanks for posting the pic :huh:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#21 fontilan

fontilan

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:31 PM

Here's one of them:
Posted Image

Very cool little figure thanks for posting the pic :huh:

Here's another:

Posted Image

#22 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:10 AM

You know these things are as common as salt on YahooJPAuctions.

Posted Image

#23 fontilan

fontilan

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:47 AM

You know these things are as common as salt on YahooJPAuctions.

Hmm.... I have been looking on Yahoo Japan, and while there loads of similar figures, I have only come across a few here and there that are genuine 'trash can monsters'. I am yet to see a full set though.

#24 rafael

rafael

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:54 PM

is it the same as this?

Posted Image

"the above photo is of late 1970's-early 1980's POPY 1" tall Godzilla figures shown are Gigan - Mothra larva - Baragon - Baby Godzilla - Kamacuras - Rodan - MechaGodzilla - Ebirah - Godzilla - Hedorah and Ghidorah - colors are yellow - pink - green and mostly blue - I've only been able to locate 11 figure my guess is that they made Angillas and maybe King Seasur - Similar figures were made for the Ultraman series and the Toho movie Space Amoeba (Yog) - these we got on eBay from Italy - not really sure how they might have been packaged (most likely bagged with header card) "

#25 fontilan

fontilan

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:44 PM

is it the same as this?

Posted Image

"the above photo is of late 1970's-early 1980's POPY 1" tall Godzilla figures shown are Gigan - Mothra larva - Baragon - Baby Godzilla - Kamacuras - Rodan - MechaGodzilla - Ebirah - Godzilla - Hedorah and Ghidorah - colors are yellow - pink - green and mostly blue - I've only been able to locate 11 figure my guess is that they made Angillas and maybe King Seasur - Similar figures were made for the Ultraman series and the Toho movie Space Amoeba (Yog) - these we got on eBay from Italy - not really sure how they might have been packaged (most likely bagged with header card) "

Not quite. I am looking for the type that come with the colored trash cans. I think there might only be about 14-16 different figures, and they only come in four colors (orange, blue, green, and yellow). Here's a stray one I found on YahooJP:

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com