11 replies to this topic

#1 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

I know what a few of these things are from but not others? Can anyone help?

Posted Image
The moai is from a ufo shaped playset. The gold guy is Elemental Hero Thunder Giant from Yugioh Gx and the blue guy is from the legions of power contruction toy line. Dose the little blue monster and strange hell raiser cenobite like guy come from anything?

Posted Image
The Robots are Wind Ups by Tomy ive got another one around somewhere the alien is copyrighted Chap Mei. I want to know what the green skull ball comes from its made of hard rubber and what the green robot is from its just got china on its back you can remove the green armour it has a guy standing near its body. Would like to know what the green egg? with a tail coming comes from and what the madball shaped toy comes from it is shaped like a burp ball shooter.
Posted Image
The red bug is a eraser its a kinder egg toy.The rabbits from a goosebumps tombola egg. What dose the eyeball monster come from its dated 1997 hanna barbera I dont think its a scooby doo toy I dont know what the rest in that picture is from.

Also dose anyone know the name of the toy line these Z bot rip offs are from they came in large packs they all had names also and are mint on card z bots worth much since I know a place thats selling them very cheaply at the moment.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Do any more variants of this Happy meal series? There from the Cg pre schoolers show Tiny Planets there dated 2004 and the love craftian like monster I got in spain it had some silly name like blomby it had Choclate Ice cream in it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:02 PM

The green egg thingy in picture 2 is an accessory from the Dinosaurs line of action figures. Boaconda can give more details about that.

::EDIT:: Same with the brown bottle with feet.

Edited by mimoman, 24 January 2009 - 05:03 PM.

#3 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:18 PM

Oh man! In the first picture, the little astronaut guy on the far right, second from last... i dont know what they were called but i had a set. I had a little astronaut like that one, and another which was white (and grey i think). You used to get these space ships which you could take apart and rebuild in different ways. IT was so effin awesome! I have tried to find them for years. I got them from my auntie for my christmas one year but i never kept the box. I had a little catalouge with them which showed all the sets you could get some of them were amazing and you got a little booklet that gave you exapmles of different ships to build. All in all they were one of my favourite toys when i was young.

The ships kinda slotted together and you could make thinsg liek this sorta thing: (please excuse the shizznit drawing) but i would be very interested in knowing what they are called too.

EDIT: WooopS! I noticed you alreday knew they were Legions of Power! I just got so excited seeing the picture, my lame drawing was in vain. Thanks though brother, you brought back some great memories. Did anyone else have these cool toys?

Attached Files

Edited by musclemenkids, 24 January 2009 - 05:40 PM.

"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#4 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

Wow...some of those Z-Bot knock off sculpts have some potential if you can look past the neon colors. In additoin i see the designs of a few are Starriors influenced (or blatant rip offs).
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#5 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:49 PM

Well Acidonia, i have just put in a bid for a Legions of Power set. Would you believe it is the EXACT set i had as a kid?? :)

My wife might not be as happy with you though as i am. i am afraid when she asks why she can't have those new shoes, it is you i will be blaming, bro. :)
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#6 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5103 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:13 PM

The green egg thingy in picture 2 is an accessory from the Dinosaurs line of action figures. Boaconda can give more details about that.

::EDIT:: Same with the brown bottle with feet.

Bingo. The green egg with the tail is actually the rattle for Baby Sinclair. The bottle with feet is, well obviously, his baby bottle. Someone had trouble identifying those very same pieces before too.

The large alien in the same picture as Baby's rattle is a knockoff Aliens figure, in the same style as the Kenner line. It's ripped off of the Snake Alien sculpt, with puny useless arms added on.

EDIT: The silver robot in the picture with the bottle, the one with three heads, appears to be a bootleg Mazinger figure, but I'm not sure. One of the villains obviously, and not Mazinger himself, but I haven't identified it... yet.

Edited by Boaconda, 24 January 2009 - 07:19 PM.

#7 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

i know i've seen that damn rabbit in the magician's hat before. i first thought it was a mcfarlane toy accessory but couldn't find anything there, then i checked mezco. still nothing. it's gonna bug me now.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#8 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5103 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:38 PM

It's Goosebumps. Acidonia actually knew that one already. It's from the same series as seen in Airot's thread.

#9 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

balls.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#10 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:45 AM

Well the MOC Z-bots are just a foreign release, as the figures inside are 100%. I actually bought that pack back in the day. The knocks are from gumball machines. I'm sure of this cause I remember walking by them and thinking they ripped off Z-Bots! Not to mention I had a few.

The purple ship in the 1st pic is from Gundam.
The alien thing Boa mentioned was a Big Lots toy or whatever respective outlet store you had in your area.

The GITD eyeball monster may be a BK premium or something, I'm thinking maybe Dexter's Lab, cause that's the only show I can think of from 1997 that might have had an eyeball monster in it. I wanted to say PowerPuff Girls but that didn't come out till 1999 I think.

Posted Image

#11 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:03 PM

The z bot knock offs I remember geting in packs of 10 in card board boxes 2 sets existed with 10 diffrent ones in each I never saw them in gumball machines but most gumball machines in the Uk just have cheap plastic jewery in or sticky toys ive not seen one with mini figures in them for years. Alot have cheap crappy mini balls with charcter printed on them and gatcha (gashapon) machines are not that common either and some have toys in them that are £2 yet are no better or bigger than £1 toys in the same machines I see alot of them in spain though.

I know what the eyeball monster is from its from a Dexter's Lab Wendys kid's meal toy from america it comes in a dome and can be removed from it.

The green alien has PRC on its foot. The Sliver robot has 27 CE(European toy saftey code) IEOT © on its back leg. The purple space ship is from Gundam or is clearly based of it.
Posted Image
And I still have most of my Legion of power sets alot of the Instruction books are kinda torn and worn but they was used and played with alot still have a few of the figures as well like 2 bad guys and 2 good guys.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:31 AM

The Blue Manta Ray looking thing in the third picture down is some sort of Zoids Bootleg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com