#1 PSlulitt

PSlulitt

MIMP Fiend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:19 PM

Hey guys,

I've been collecting MIMPs since they came out and only just recently found this board--I'm loving it; much more active than the sadly somewhat-defunct MIMP Yahoo! Group, anyway.

About ten or so years ago I remember trying to find MIMP information and collectors on the web and finding nothing, so I started the first fan site (with the rather lame title "The Monster In My Pocket Home Page"). Well, I'd been going through my collection recently and started getting more and more into the collector's mindset and realizing that I hadn't updated it in probably six or seven years, decided to completely start from scratch.

The site's new address is http://mimp.andrewsylvester.com/ and is nearly fully-operational (though I don't even have half the sections I intend to eventually). Right now I'm just working on writing up sections on items I actually own, have photographed or scanned and have some kind of history or anecdote to go along with. Eventually I'll expand it as far as I can and just try to catalog anything remotely related to the franchise.

I'd love to hear what everyone thinks!

#2 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:36 PM

Welcome, and very nice, mate.

:woot:
Posted Image

#3 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:43 PM

Yeah, welcome. It's nice to see some more people popping up here that are interested in MIMP. I dog the website too. Keep the ball rolling! You may have read here that we too are trying to get together a MIMP data base with pictures of all the known monsters in all their colors. A daunting task but one that this group of collectors has done time and again. I for one am glad to be part of making this possible with pictures and info that I have attained and I look forward to seeing what kind of info you have to share. See ya around the boards.

Chris

#4 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:18 AM

Nice site well presented and welcome to the board.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#5 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:11 PM

welcome here guy !! i'm trumanshower, aka dragonautes :D

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#6 PSlulitt

PSlulitt

MIMP Fiend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 03:04 AM

Thanks everybody!

Yup, I saw the pictures you guys have taken of the series one figures for your database--I love them! I love the high-res photos of the figures particularly because you can see so many more details on them than you can even inspecting the figures up close.

There was a section on my site years and years ago, when it first started, where we tried to catalog every monster... but of course back then everyone was on dial-up and the images had to be kept small... not of much use or interest today, but it was a huge undertaking that I never quite finished (nor do I remember where all the images went, unfortunately--not that they'd be of much use for this sort of thing, of course)! I'll help you guys with whatever I can, though, for sure!

Edited by PSlulitt, 15 December 2007 - 03:06 AM.

#7 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:07 PM

Hopefully some of the collectors here will work w/ Jkaris and make a price guide/checklist like the one we have for BB/LB. Great site, you need to add it to the links section! :D

Welcome to the forum and sorry I didn't welcome ya sooner! :D

TGB

#8 PSlulitt

PSlulitt

MIMP Fiend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:34 PM

Hopefully some of the collectors here will work w/ Jkaris and make a price guide/checklist like the one we have for BB/LB. Great site, you need to add it to the links section! B)

Welcome to the forum and sorry I didn't welcome ya sooner! ;)

To be honest, I stick pretty much solely to the MIMP forum, so I didn't even notice there was a links section! Need to update my site a bit first, I think... add the articles that are just broken links and so on. Thanks for the visit and welcoming!

#9 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:44 PM

Hopefully some of the collectors here will work w/ Jkaris and make a price guide/checklist like the one we have for BB/LB. Great site, you need to add it to the links section! :)

Welcome to the forum and sorry I didn't welcome ya sooner! :yes:

TGB

I know I've given Johnny a ton of pics and stuff and I'm sure others have too. He's pretty busy with other stuff right now but I'm sure when he has time, the MIMP DB is gonna rock! Especially with the collectors who come to this board helping out.

#10 monkeyUK

monkeyUK

Norfolk in Chance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:My Kids<br />Monster in my Pocket: Battle Cards<br />Monster in my Pocket: Select Figures<br />Easter Egg Mugs: From Around 1994<br />Online Gaming

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:23 AM

Hi, this is my first post on here and I have chosen to post on this thread out of respect for the wonderful fella that sent me in this direction - PSlulitt (aka Andrew). I was surfing the net looking for MIMP series 1-5 BattleCards and came up empty handed annoyingly, but I did come across this website of Andy's (hope you dont mind me callin' ya that) and enjoyed browsing it. I contacted him in the hope that he could direct me to some place where BattleCards were selling and he broke the bad news to me :lol: about them being rare to pick up, but he gave me the link to this forum explaining that you are a very friendly and tight community for collectors of these sorts of toys and that you may have more info and advice on getting hold of the BattleCards (so any help would be much appreciated).

I have a small tub of mainly series 1 & 2 (plus the odd 4 & 5 series I think, not too sure) MIMP figures that I think (after reading around these forums for a few hours this morning) I will catalogue and post somewhere appropriate for people to view, if there are any of interest for the database then I would be more than willing to take pictures and help out there. If there are any in my small collection that would help a true collector here with filling a gap then they are more than welcome to try to talk me into selling but I have 2 kids of my own now (18months & 3months) and I want to pass what small collection I have down to my son when he is old enough to enjoy playing with them. So if its a really important figure for your collection I would consider it to help you out, just dont try to clear me out :( haha.

Right, I've got a nagging wife a very energetic 18 month old running around trashing the front room and a screaming baby, so if any of that is a bit random and doesn't seem to make much sense, I apologize but I was up and down the post making changes and trying to keep track of what I was saying with all that is going on behind me and finally gave up. You catch my drift anyway, I have some figures and a handfull of BattleCards from all over the place, I'm looking to get hold of the original BattleCards for my collection and when I find myself with nothing to do I would be more than happy to help out with any MIMP related projects that I can. I'm not a dedicated collector of anything (my hobbies are in computer games) but I do love these little figures from my past so I would love to help anyone else who appreciates them.

I will make a second post soon that makes more sense and flows better (when the family goes out) and introduce myself properly.

Thanks for guiding me here Andy and thank you to all who reply and forgive me for the random post :(

---

Luv Monkey

West Midlands, UK (will update profile and sig later)
"No no no, it's a BONG not a BOMB!!!"
Kumar from "Harold & Kumar 2: Escape From Guantanamo Bay"

[url="http://"http://www.mimp.xsgc.co.uk"]My Collection[/url]

#11 tojoro

tojoro

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Classic Horror Films, Monster Toys, Monster Art

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:17 AM

A warm welcome to you Mr. Monkey, from across the pond in New England! :lol:

T.
"Why was I not made of stone like thee?"

#12 PSlulitt

PSlulitt

MIMP Fiend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:37 PM

Heh, thanks for the plug and hope you find what you're looking for!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com