Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Rise of the Beasts - Prototypes and Test Shots!

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#101 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:05 PM

And a sneak peek at some new buildings yaaay!

#102 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:20 PM

Some better pics of the new recruits (3d prints):

rotb_new_group_shot.jpg
Group Shot

rotb_new_lion.jpg
Asayid

rotb_new_gorilla.jpg
Guwrah

rotb_new_lizard.jpg
Khabasat

rotb_new_ant.jpg
The Ant with no name!

rotb_new_scorp_head.jpg
A new (old) scorpion head!

#103 OriginX

OriginX

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:35 AM

I just ordered my first couple of figures. When are the new ones going to be available? I'm very anxious about these figures! They look great!!

#104 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:11 AM

Jon, all I'm going to say is that those new protos would look very nice next to my rhino proto. ;)

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#105 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:30 PM

I just ordered my first couple of figures. When are the new ones going to be available? I'm very anxious about these figures! They look great!!

I'm guessing late summer/early fall. We've got pricing from the factory and need to put together a few more dollars. At minimum, we'll have the Lion and Gorilla done, and then the other two later. If we are able to put enough funds together, we can do all 4 at once.

#106 JafariStew

JafariStew

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Rise Of The Beasts, Kabuto Mushi, Robo Force, Glyos, MUSCLE, Mini-Figures, OMFG, Wheeled Warriors, Dino Riders, 80's cartoons, J-Rock, Masters Of The Universe, Transformers, GI Joe

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:54 PM

The new pics show off just how fantastic this line is!  No figures in this scale at retail look nearly as crisp or as imaginative!  The entire crew is raising the bar and we all get to share in the epicness, can't wait to add this next lineup to the already amazing collection! B)

Edited by JafariStew, 02 April 2015 - 02:55 PM.

Check out my art blog!! http://www.jafaristew.blogspot.com/

#107 Balok2

Balok2

Baloksblog on Instagram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Dioramas, PVC minifigs, 40mm figs, ROTB, GLYOS, and wide range of toy interests

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:45 AM

Agree 100%. Adding 4 figures to this amazing line will blow my mind. So excited !

#108 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:53 PM

I hope one of the painted Ant will be specifically designated as 'something' army trooper. I think ants make a fine legion of foot soldiers! With a different colored one at the head of the troop!

Someone over at OctoberToys got a Crayboth with their latest purchase that's a very deep metallic red, much darker than the previous one and it looks amazing! I think it would be a great colorway for ants and lizards...

#109 Balok2

Balok2

Baloksblog on Instagram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Dioramas, PVC minifigs, 40mm figs, ROTB, GLYOS, and wide range of toy interests

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:08 PM

I hope one of the painted Ant will be specifically designated as 'something' army trooper. I think ants make a fine legion of foot soldiers! With a different colored one at the head of the troop!

Someone over at OctoberToys got a Crayboth with their latest purchase that's a very deep metallic red, much darker than the previous one and it looks amazing! I think it would be a great colorway for ants and lizards...

Good point, or perhaps designated as 'soldier' ant...so many possibilities. In my yard, there is a big colony of black ants forever at war with a colony of red ants a few yards away; so I like your idea about that deep red colorway.

#110 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:46 PM

Good point, or perhaps designated as 'soldier' ant...so many possibilities. In my yard, there is a big colony of black ants forever at war with a colony of red ants a few yards away; so I like your idea about that deep red colorway.

Soldier is good too. Maybe the different paint schemes could have various ranks?

#111 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:44 PM

Soldier is good too. Maybe the different paint schemes could have various ranks?

We want to do that with the alternate head on the scorpion. The one with the larger mandibles and eye carapace is going to be a General (military) type character. The others grunts. I'd really like to have alternate heads for each sculpt at some point, to give better characterization. Maybe the alternate ant head could have the antenna in the correct location.

#112 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:48 PM

We want to do that with the alternate head on the scorpion. The one with the larger mandibles and eye carapace is going to be a General (military) type character. The others grunts. I'd really like to have alternate heads for each sculpt at some point, to give better characterization. Maybe the alternate ant head could have the antenna in the correct location.

Sweet! I can see lots of potential in alternate parts on old bodies, and not just head sculpts, like some old fashion Battle Beast style weapon-arms (good old squid harpoon hand and weasel flamethrower hand...) as optional parts. I could also see new heads turning older sculpts into new animals (hippo head on Rhino body?Other feline on the Lion? Different types of lizards?).

Ooh! Clear Lizard with optional Chameleon head for a spy character!  

#113 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:26 AM

weasel flamethrower hand

I always thought that was a machine gun-like weapon. Neat.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#114 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:23 AM

I always thought that was a machine gun-like weapon. Neat.

I guess you could inerpret it that way, but I think it's cooler as a flamethrower :D

#115 JFAWWE

JFAWWE

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:04 PM

I just got my first order last week and these figures are amazing! I've already ordered a second set - if you don't have them you really need to get them.

It's almost painful to have to wait all summer to get the new characters. I really want 100's of different characters and plan to buy a few more batches to help fund the new ones. They make great presents for your friend's kids too :)

Jon how many other characters do you already have in mind or in some phase of development?

Thanks again for making such awesome figures and I wish you huge success!

#116 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:06 PM

Hey!

Glad you made it over! :)

We currently have these ones in the pipeline:

Lion and Gorilla. Painted prototypes by the magnificent Eric Koppen (koppenschevelle)
IMG_0064.png IMG_0063.png

Horned Lizard and Ant. Painted prototypes by the magnificent Eric Koppen (koppenschevelle)
IMG_0061.png IMG_0059.png

We have a Hyena mostly designed, but he needs a bit of tweaking. (no pic to share publicly yet, sorry).

There is the Komodo Dragon, which is more akin to a traditional Battle Beast. Lots of tweaking left to do on him before he is slated for production.
beast_fat_lizard.jpg

There are a quite a few other characters in the works, but nothing in 3d yet. We also have a couple fan-designed characters that we are looking at making (both female, both incredible!). We will work out the specifics on those, once we get through this next batch.

Outside of that, we have a batch of weapons that we need to correctly size and print for a quote. The handful I had printed with the last batch are too small for the characters.

Ideally, we would like to get the funds covered for the next 4 figures and weapons pack in the next 60 days so we can get them out before the end of the year.

And while we are at it, here are the alternate versions that Eric painted up....

IMG_0065.png IMG_0062.png IMG_0060.png IMG_0058.png

#117 vaal

vaal

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, M.U.S.C.L.E, MOTUC, Vintage MOTU, Vintage Star Wars, TOS Star Trek

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:17 PM

Throwing money at screen.

#118 JafariStew

JafariStew

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Rise Of The Beasts, Kabuto Mushi, Robo Force, Glyos, MUSCLE, Mini-Figures, OMFG, Wheeled Warriors, Dino Riders, 80's cartoons, J-Rock, Masters Of The Universe, Transformers, GI Joe

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:50 PM

Holy  smokes the alternate Ant scheme (purple/black) is a thing of beauty! I also like that firey Lion scheme! Johnny just made Wednesday night the best night of the week! lol  I am so stoked for the future of ROTB!  XD

Check out my art blog!! http://www.jafaristew.blogspot.com/

#119 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:35 PM

The pastel ant is a must!

#120 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:18 PM

Glad you like them guys! :D

#121 JFAWWE

JFAWWE

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

Wow - these are off the charts! I must have looked at these picks a dozen times since last night. The purple and black ant is just wicked! Still hoping for a purple gorilla :)

#122 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:31 AM

Grape Ape!

#123 JFAWWE

JFAWWE

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:33 AM

The armor has to be green then and we'll need a Beagle!

Edited by JFAWWE, 21 May 2015 - 11:33 AM.

#124 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:04 PM

The pastel ant is a must!

Those colors are gorgeous. The bright green eyes are looking into my toy soul.

#125 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:00 PM

OH man the pastel ant look likes it's made of candy! And the insecticon colored ant is fantastic! The red armored lion needs a green mane though :p

Can we get a Rhino in the same color as the blue gorrila? And a scorpion in the same insecticon color scheme as the ant? The ywould look like a striking team of ne'er-do-well together! And inversion would also look great.

Loving the lizar and I can't wait to see what else you got cooking! :D Are you going to do a kickstarter for this new wave?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com