Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Rise of the Beasts - Prototypes and Test Shots!

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#126 vaal

vaal

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, M.U.S.C.L.E, MOTUC, Vintage MOTU, Vintage Star Wars, TOS Star Trek

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:10 AM

I would still love a grey skinned/yellow armored rhino!

All these new color schemes are brilliant though. So excited!

Edited by vaal, 22 May 2015 - 06:11 AM.

#127 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:02 AM

Throwing money at screen.

I broke my work screen I threw money at it so hard.

Karis that Komodo Dragon is instantly my newest favourite. I love everything released so far, and that Horned Lizard was my soon-to-be fave. You've crushed his hopes of being my favourite with that teaser of the Komodo, however. How much money do you want for it all and do you accept small children as payment?

That Hyena also sounds very interesting. I'd like to see some pictures of that guy as soon as you have some!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#128 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:44 AM

Also I hope one of those fan designed female is Vespula! That one was awesome!

#129 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

Lion and Gorilla. Painted prototypes by the magnificent Eric Koppen (koppenschevelle)

We have a Hyena mostly designed, but he needs a bit of tweaking. (no pic to share publicly yet, sorry).

There is the Komodo Dragon, which is more akin to a traditional Battle Beast. Lots of tweaking left to do on him before he is slated for production.

Well there is no doubt Eric is a legend, we just should not tell him that to often ;)

The Hyena sounds very interesting as well and looking forward to see some glimpse of it when you have something to show of it, or to show it of.

Hope you will continue with the Komodo Dragon and push it towards production as well because even though I know he is not very important, not being part of the RotB line, it is definitely an awesome figure that brings back instant BB feelings so I am sure it will be a favorite for all of us.

Keep the good work up Jon you are doing great, maybe another Kickstarter to get the funds for a production of all 4 at once!?

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#130 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:35 PM

So, here is where we are at currently....

We have funds set aside for most of the next mold (Lion and Gorilla) and think we can put together the rest soon. But, I would like to run all 4 at once. That will require more than twice as much as we have put together. So, it looks like we will definitely be putting up another Kickstarter.

I was hoping that we could do it once we got the Series 2 painted figures back from Eric, but then I realized that we still don't have pricing on the weapons pack. And, that is because we don't have them printed to scale yet. They need to be modified. The ones we printed are good in regards to height, but the handles don't fit (too thin). But if we scale them to fit, they are too tall. So the handles need to be adjusted.
This is even more prominent with the 2nd batch of weapons. I printed them out on my printer here and the ones that printed came out way too big. I need to recalibrate and test again.

Which leads me to another hiccup... The feet. Some of the figures don't balance well with a weapon in hand, so we will have to make some changes to their feet.

So, for now, we have a couple kinks to work out of the process before we move forward because I don't want to run this next batch until we have weapons for them.

That being said, we could always run another batch of the Rhino and Scorpion, but I don't want to oversaturate like that.

That is where we are at as of today. No biggie. We've hit snags before and have overcome them. We will get past these too. RotB lives on! :D

#131 JafariStew

JafariStew

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Rise Of The Beasts, Kabuto Mushi, Robo Force, Glyos, MUSCLE, Mini-Figures, OMFG, Wheeled Warriors, Dino Riders, 80's cartoons, J-Rock, Masters Of The Universe, Transformers, GI Joe

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:13 PM

Thanks for the kind words on "Vespula" Undrave, it is very much appreciated! =)

Thanks for the update and all of that info on Series 2 Johnny!  I think you have a very good plan of attack, and it's so nice to see someone thinking ahead in regards to figure balance, as far too many figures have come out over the years without taking in that very consideration.

With that said, I am sure everyone of your ROTB fans will be behind you if you do make another KS for series 2, as we are all anxious to get to them!

I do think there is more life still to be had in the Rhino & Scorpion molds and the "Rhinox/Rocky Rhino" & "Scorponok/Desert Scorpion" repaints would make some great additions to the ranks, and possibly bring in some new fans (Transformers).

We are all hoping for the best!  =)

Check out my art blog!! http://www.jafaristew.blogspot.com/

#132 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:12 PM

I'd be up for another colorway of Rhino and Scorpions! A nice blue for exemple...

Or try an hommage of some kind.

#133 vaal

vaal

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, M.U.S.C.L.E, MOTUC, Vintage MOTU, Vintage Star Wars, TOS Star Trek

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:25 PM

I'll say it again, would love to see the rhino in his BB grey skin/yellow armor-- c'mon the lion and gorilla got it ;)

I think the scorpion would look good in so many color schemes-- I don't think you can go wrong.

I can also see that Komodo Dragon fitting right in with ROTB. I wouldn't think it would have to be its own thing outside of the line. Or maybe I can't get a feel for the scale from the pic...

Edited by vaal, 26 May 2015 - 05:30 PM.

#134 Moistsloth

Moistsloth

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:43 PM

I love my Rise of the Beasts, but now that I have seen that "Dollar store sculpt" I don't think my collection is going to be complete until I have a ROB knock off. I understand how annoying that must have been to get that guy at first. But now that we have seen how cool ROB are, making knock offs of your own toys would be hilarious. You could give it a terrible name like "Standing Tall Animal Fighters." 

#135 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:36 PM

I love my Rise of the Beasts, but now that I have seen that "Dollar store sculpt" I don't think my collection is going to be complete until I have a ROB knock off. I understand how annoying that must have been to get that guy at first. But now that we have seen how cool ROB are, making knock offs of your own toys would be hilarious. You could give it a terrible name like "Standing Tall Animal Fighters." 

And garish nonsensical color with poorly designed paint apps! That would be funny! Though you'd need a matching packaging with poor artwork that looks nothing like the character...

#136 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:09 AM

We tried getting the mold and sample back from Kainuosen when they changed terms and flaked on us, but it never happened. Bootleg figures from that mold would have been great for laughs.

#137 JFAWWE

JFAWWE

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:44 AM

Any idea how soon before you might do a Kickstarter campaign? Really looking forward to getting more characters and painted variations. Still blown away by the quality and paint apps.

Do you hope to get to a point where you are doing drops on a consistence basis - like every other month or once a quarter?

Thanks again Johnny for making such cool figures!!!

#138 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:09 PM

Do you hope to get to a point where you are doing drops on a consistence basis - like every other month or once a quarter?

You've got your answer in the interview I just did with Karis on the Ironhaus blog!

http://ironhauspro.b...-interview.html

Edited by Draznar, 03 June 2015 - 12:10 PM.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#139 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:14 PM

Any idea how soon before you might do a Kickstarter campaign? Really looking forward to getting more characters and painted variations. Still blown away by the quality and paint apps.

Thanks again Johnny for making such cool figures!!!

Right now it's looking like July for the Kickstarter.

As far as a more consistent rate, yes, once we have more figures to spread the colors among. I am really hesitant to do another run until we have more characters. I don't want to oversaturate.

Welcome! Thanks for putting in another order!

#140 JafariStew

JafariStew

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Rise Of The Beasts, Kabuto Mushi, Robo Force, Glyos, MUSCLE, Mini-Figures, OMFG, Wheeled Warriors, Dino Riders, 80's cartoons, J-Rock, Masters Of The Universe, Transformers, GI Joe

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:34 PM

Lot of great info in that interview with Ironhaus Pro! All ROTB fans should definately take the time to check it out...

#141 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:11 PM

Lot of great info in that interview with Ironhaus Pro! All ROTB fans should definately take the time to check it out...

Thanks, Jafari!

<p> </p>
<p>

#142 JFAWWE

JFAWWE

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:53 PM

Draznar - great article. Thanks for all the exciting news from Johnny! 

#143 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:26 PM

Draznar - great article. Thanks for all the exciting news from Johnny! 

Bigger thanks to Jon for providing!

Glad you enjoyed it!

<p> </p>
<p>

#144 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:53 PM

:lol:

Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#145 JFAWWE

JFAWWE

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:41 PM

July can't come fast enough! How long after the Kickstater would it take for the figures to come out? 

I honestly wouldn't mind if you did another batch of the Rhino and the Scorpion - I really want the all Black Scorpion with the red paint apps and would really like a white Rhino.

Johnny what kind of reaction are you getting on the new prototypes at the Wizard World show?

#146 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:54 PM

July can't come fast enough! How long after the Kickstater would it take for the figures to come out? 

I honestly wouldn't mind if you did another batch of the Rhino and the Scorpion - I really want the all Black Scorpion with the red paint apps and would really like a white Rhino.

Johnny what kind of reaction are you getting on the new prototypes at the Wizard World show?

Assuming that there is no big delay in production, we would be tentatively looking at Christmas time or New Years.

Everyone who saw them loved them, but sales overall were really slow. Kind of a bummer.

#147 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:20 AM

Assuming that there is no big delay in production, we would be tentatively looking at Christmas time or New Years.

Everyone who saw them loved them, but sales overall were really slow. Kind of a bummer.

That's great news for the new figures! Gives me a little time to stash some cash for a set for me and the kiddo.

Sorry to hear about the convention! Hopefully it reached some people who weren't aware of the line!

<p> </p>
<p>

#148 JafariStew

JafariStew

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:28 PM

This is the small line with the biggest potential!  It will take some time, but I know the fanbase is only going to grow and get stronger! ROTB is amazing! XD

#149 vaal

vaal

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:17 AM

I think once there's a good diversity of characters/animals, people are going to really take notice, get into the line, and then scramble to catch up on all the beasts they may have missed out on.  :D

Sometime when there's only a few products, people might be hesitant because they wonder if it's really going to go anywhere.

I was a bit hesitant when I pledged the Skeleton Warriors Kickstarter. I LOVE Skeleton Warriors and thought George's product was amazing. But in the back of my mind, I wondered if that was going to be it. Would I get all the Skeleton Warriors eventually? Or just Baron Dark and then it would fizzle out?

As a completist toy collector, that bothered my inner OCD.

My point is, I think a lot more people will hop on board once they see the line is progressing.

#150 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:43 AM

As a completist toy collector, that bothered my inner OCD.

Well, if they only make one figure and you own that one figure, technically your collection is complete.

<p> </p>
<p>

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com