338 replies to this topic

#101 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:22 AM

Yeah, I saw it, what a heart-breaker for Buffalo. First Monday Night game in 13 years, they play %100 better than Dallas, and lose to a last second field goal. Ouch. Buffalo definitely had some missed opportunities, but I give Dallas credit for hanging in there and getting the win.

I think a lot of people take the National Football League for granted, but it is by far one of the best, if not the best, sports league ever. The level of competition and the number of exciting games week after week is just unparalleled. Also, I think the structure and rules of the sport of football are also the best. There are so many ways to win and lose and so many facets to the game -- there's never a dull moment. (Okay, when the Ravens play there are lots of dull moments... but otherwise, there's never a dull moment. :aggressive: )

Edited by Soupie, 09 October 2007 - 05:25 AM.

Posted Image

#102 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:47 AM

What a heartbreaker...Buffalo has been my team since I was 4...I wanted them to beat the friggin Cowboys so bad!! They beat us in back to back superbowls...yes, I am still pissed. :aggressive: But I will never leave my Bills...through thick and thin...even though the last time we were in the playoffs was the '99-00 season...

Good to see the Broncos get wasited though!! :crazy: As a Radernation fan...it was a pretty sight. :drinks:
Posted Image

Keepin' it real, keepin' it gangsta...Keepin' it Real Gangsta.

#103 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:00 AM

Perhaps the Seahawks, Holmgren and all of Seattle will quit their crying now. The Steelers beat the snot out of them, and on top of it, we were missing 4 of our starters.

Also, the Cowboys should have looked a lot better against the Bills than they did. That game shouldnt have been as close as it was.

#104 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:20 PM

Holy shizznit :lol: did anyone catch the end of the Cowboys game? It was effing incredible--I can't believe they pulled it out

WOOHOO Cowboys!! :huh: 5 - 0

Didn't actually get to see the game tho :lol:

Actually I didn't get to see it either except for the 1st two interceptions. My daughter had a softball game so we heard the ending on the radio which I think was even more exciting than on TV cuz of the descriptions. I saw the replays on the news but it just wasn't the same.
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#105 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 14 October 2007 - 03:56 PM

2 teams walk into this one undefeated but in the end my Patriots prevail.

Patriots 48 Dallas 27

Brady 388 Yds 5 TD

I still think Dallas is the team to beat in the NFC.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#106 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:31 PM

Pats looked good. So did the Browns! Of course it was against the now 0-6 Dolphins! :D

#107 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:42 PM

Cowboys played pretty good too, just not good enough :D
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#108 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:08 PM

So did the Browns! Of course it was against the now 0-6 Dolphins! :D

That was like watching the Ravens beat the Rams. No big surprises there.

#109 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:22 AM

effing bears - 4-1.

5-1 :unsure:

#110 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:04 AM

2 teams walk into this one undefeated but in the end my Patriots prevail.

Patriots 48 Dallas 27

Brady 388 Yds 5 TD

I still think Dallas is the team to beat in the NFC.

The pats are on Steroids or something...they made that game look so easy...was it just me or did Brady have all the time in the world to throw the ball?? :unsure: Man, makes you wonder who is going to be able to stop this juggernaut...Colts maybe?? I don't know...I mean, they have spanked teams that were suppose to give them a great game...ie. Chargers, Cowboys.

On a side note...Adrian Peterson...D-A-M-N...He ran circles around the Bears "amazing" Defense...don't get me wrong, I love the Bears...but boy did they have their hands full with that dude!!
Posted Image

#111 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:11 AM

On a side note...Adrian Peterson...D-A-M-N...He ran circles around the Bears "amazing" Defense...don't get me wrong, I love the Bears...but boy did they have their hands full with that dude!!

Not to say he isn't good. But aren't the Bears starting like two opening day starters?

#112 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:30 AM

Yeah, the Bears' D is a shambles.

#113 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:43 AM

I am sick of people in the media complaining that the Pats are running up the score, now I can't stand the Pats as they are in the same division as my beloved Bills, but seriously, running up the score?? I'm sorry, are we watching the NFL or pee-wee?? I thought the term "running up the score" fizzles out between Junior High and High school?? Whenever we got our a$$es handed to us it just made me train harder, I never once asked the other team to "not play as hard". Seriously, It's not the Pats fault that nobody can stop them, as Sonny Jurgensen (former Redskin Quarterback and hall of famer) said.. "what are they suppose to be doing, kneeling down in the third quarter?" I agree, as a coach you expect your guys to play hard for a full sixty minutes!! I just hope that the Colts can slow them down.

Buffalo has won the last three!! Not pretty games by any means...but they're still "W's"!! <_<
Posted Image

#114 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:20 AM

Yeah, I saw Gibbs running off the field after the game, and it looked like he avoided the mid-field handshake. Did he?

Anyhow, what is more insulting: Having a team play hard against you the entire game, or having them "go easy" on you? I say the latter is more insulting. <_<

-----

At this point, McNabb is just managing the game. The reason the Eagles are struggling in the end zone is that their red zone plays are technical passes, which McNabb could never really make, but now more than ever he is struggling. They even said during the game that Reid doesn't call fade routs in the end zone because McNabb can't hit them.

It's time to get a QB in who can put the ball on the numbers all over the field. If the Eagles -- or any passing team -- can do this, with the receiving core, running backs, and offensive line, they'd be in business.
Posted Image

#115 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:22 AM

Yeah, Gibbs wasn't too happy at all, when he was asked about them running up the score he took it like a man and said no, but he was not happy at all...I wouldn't be either. :D

McNabb...well, I pretty much gave up on him when I saw his "Hurry up Offense" in thier super bowl appearance...it was like he thought they had all the time in the world, now T.O. has a great Q.B. in Romo...not that I like Romo or the Cowboys AT ALL!! But, it was good to be able to look on-line and see something other than T.O. and McNabb throwin jabs at each other through the press. I don't see McNabb doing too much anymore, I would probably take him over Losman or Edwards as of right now though... :lol: <_< :(
Posted Image

#116 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:23 PM

I am sick of people in the media complaining that the Pats are running up the score, now I can't stand the Pats as they are in the same division as my beloved Bills, but seriously, running up the score?? I'm sorry, are we watching the NFL or pee-wee?? I thought the term "running up the score" fizzles out between Junior High and High school?? Whenever we got our a$$es handed to us it just made me train harder, I never once asked the other team to "not play as hard". Seriously, It's not the Pats fault that nobody can stop them, as Sonny Jurgensen (former Redskin Quarterback and hall of famer) said.. "what are they suppose to be doing, kneeling down in the third quarter?" I agree, as a coach you expect your guys to play hard for a full sixty minutes!! I just hope that the Colts can slow them down.

Well put my friend,I am getting sick of all this sh!t.How long is this crap going to go on?
If they win the Bowl this year....Then what their rings are to shiny.
I hope they crush Indy next week and silence all the daughters.
I say the Pats win it by 24 points. <_<

Edited by meatcutta78, 29 October 2007 - 03:23 PM.

#117 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:33 PM

Oh yeah, well the Browns are 4-3 so... so there! Hey, that's huge for us Clevelanders.

#118 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:33 PM

Well put my friend,I am getting sick of all this sh!t.How long is this crap going to go on?
If they win the Bowl this year....Then what their rings are to shiny.
I hope they crush Indy next week and silence all the daughters.
I say the Pats win it by 24 points. ;)

I really hope that doesn't happen, but with the wat the Pats are playing...I don't see anybody stopping them...maybe my Bills will come in strong in thier next matchup.... :lol: Yeah right!!! BTW...did you mean to write "daughters' or were you meaning "doubters"....either way, Every week they have silenced the critics...and now the last hope is the Colts, and if they smash the Colts....just give them the '07 ring!! :lol: Randy Moss is nuts!! That dude can catch anything, probably the smartest move for the Pats was picking that dawg up!!
Posted Image

#119 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:15 PM

I really hope that doesn't happen, but with the wat the Pats are playing...I don't see anybody stopping them...maybe my Bills will come in strong in thier next matchup.... :lol: Yeah right!!! BTW...did you mean to write "daughters' or were you meaning "doubters"....either way, Every week they have silenced the critics...and now the last hope is the Colts, and if they smash the Colts....just give them the '07 ring!! :lol: Randy Moss is nuts!! That dude can catch anything, probably the smartest move for the Pats was picking that dawg up!!

Yeah!!!I meant daughters. :huh: Yeah!!!!All those Indy daughters. ;)

Randy Moss is that Dude!
This is what other teams failed to do,Keep his mouth silenced and let his playing say all the words. ;)

#120 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:28 PM

I hate the Pats with a passion, but I have to agree. If a team is going to complain about someone running up the score against them, they should do something about it or shut up. Its like, "What, you're upset that they are beating you by 45 points? Then quit your crying and stop them."

#121 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:49 PM

I hate the Pats with a passion, but I have to agree. If a team is going to complain about someone running up the score against them, they should do something about it or shut up. Its like, "What, you're upset that they are beating you by 45 points? Then quit your crying and stop them."

:lol:

#122 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 11:31 AM

Cower Comment

Okay, we can go on forever about this....but I just have to add something. People accuse Tom Brady and the Pats of being classless because of running up the score, and now Cower is mentioning he wouldn't be surprised if Brady takes a late hit and gets injured dew to his "running up the score"....my question is this....WHO IS THE CLASSLESS ONE?

A)Brady and the Patriots who can't help the fact that 'PROFESSIONAL NFL TEAMS' can't stop them....ORRR...

B)The opposing team that can't stop the Patriots so they go for a late hit...which could be a season/career ending hit...???

hhmmmm....I'll have to think about that one.... :D

AND...how are the Patriots playing a dangerous game Cower?? They are being paid multimillions of dollars, as a GM/Owner of a team...I would want my team to keep kicking A$$, c'mon people, get your balls outta your purse and start playing some football. :D
Posted Image

#123 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:34 PM

Interesting comment... my only response is to say there are "codes" among players, coaches, and teams -- agree with them or not -- that are unspoken. For instance, some people accuse Mangini, coach of the Jets, for breaking this "code" when he ratted out Belichick. I imagine there is an unspoken "code" that pretty much says: Try not to make other teams -- players and coaches -- look like idiots on national television. :D

Let's be serious, for as great as the NFL is, any organization has skeletons in the closet. This whole Patriots mess is starting to make some of them rattle. Belichick is on a mission, and my guess is that it is going to get worse before it gets better.

:D
Posted Image

#124 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:55 PM

I hear ya on the "unwritten rules" I know all about them when it comes to playing sports, I grew up with them, so I hear what you are saying, and I totally agree, there are skeletons in the closet. It's like NCAA basketball...if you already clinched a spot in March Madness before the conference championship game...it's okay to lose the conference game so that your conference can have 2 teams in March Madness...another example of "unwritten rules"......but.....to make an illegal hit on a player just because he is kickin yo'a$$.... :huh:

Yes, I also agree with you, Belichick IS on a mission...people are questioning all of thier previous Super Bowl Wins...as they should...so Belichick is trying to prove they don't need to record teams playbook during the game to win....Well, he isn't TRYING to prove it...He IS proving it. :D

Yeah, they shouldn't be making teams look like idiots on the filed...but on that same note...they aren't the ones doing it....the opposing team is doing it to themselves by not stopping them...I would way rather have someone kick my trash then to let up and play easy on me...but then again...I am not in the NFL and don't know all the "codes" B) I always just thought "running up the score" ended when you were in Jr. High or High school.....and, if I remember correctly...all three of the Patriots QB's played against the 'Skins... :D Ouch, sorry skins fans... :lol:

(BTW, I too hate the Pats)

Edited by tonganbynature, 01 November 2007 - 12:56 PM.

Posted Image

#125 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:08 PM

I wasn't condoning Cower's comment, just trying to explain why I thought he may have made it. And if you see my previous post, you'll see that I agree that having a team "take it easy" on another team is worse than "running up the score" on them.

Just wanted to be clear on where I stand!

:D
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com