• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#26 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

Yeah, inflated ebay prices have lured all the scalpers to the toy collecting community it seems. Somehow, your regular issue MIMP or Muscle figure is now a HTF or rare, and apparently worth ten times its actual value... An ebay seller only needs one or two shill bidders to come in and artificially inflate the price on any given piece of shift figure now, and its considered the 'norm' because of one of two shill bid auctions that ended at some god forsaken crazy price..? Its ludicrous.
A perfect example is Neclos Fortress. Only a year or two back they were selling and reasonable prices for being such an obscure line, but then some people wanted a particular figure badly enough (say neclos) so both engage in a stupid bidding war hats goes back and forth and the figure sells for a stupid price. But the winners happy to pay it, they just won the war. Then, every man and his dog are listing their neclos figures at crazy high prices thinking theyre sitting on gold. Its dumb, and puts me off wanting to buy figures ebay.

With all the fees ebay and paypal charge, sellers are now money grabbing thru shipping or just a huge BIN prices.. Its getting harder to pick up a good buy. I almost bought a NY Redcap figure the other day until I realised it would cost almost $30 for the one figure sent out to Australia. Um, no. I'll pass thanks.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com