#1 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:55 AM

has anyone seen these before?

they are from Italy, I've no idea when they were released but some of the figures are amazing!

I haven't got any yet but I'm expecting some shortly.

There seem to be two series released on the back of a cartoon I think, with characters coming from Earth, Sea, Air, Forest and Volcano.

pics to follow......

1 of 4

Attached Files

Posted Image

#2 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:56 AM

pic 2 of 4

Attached Files

Edited by matthewf1tz, 27 March 2006 - 08:06 AM.

Posted Image

#3 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:57 AM

pic 3 of 4

Attached Files

Posted Image

#4 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:59 AM

and my personal fav so far....a tortle on steroids (which appears to be a 'rare' one)!

pic 4 of 4

Attached Files

Posted Image

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:14 AM

Those are pretty kewl.

#6 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:47 PM

How do you acquire them?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 02:29 PM

well I am in the UK and they are on Italian ebay but a lot of the current sellers appear to only ship to europe (with some exceptions shipping worldwide) but prices like with Exogini, are pretty high, I'm currently trying to find out if I can get them any other way. Another thing I've noticed about a lot of european sellers is that they only accept bank transfer and in a recent transaction my UK bank actually charged me more in fees than items I bought had cost!!!!

I have 4 on their way to me at the moment but I would love to have at least the 4 I have posted pics of and the 'tortle on steroids'/tartanica seems to go for about 25euros on ebay at the moment.

It would be good to know when they were released, is Albertinoz from Italy, maybe he could shed some light on the subject?

the 4 which are en-route:

Attached Files

Edited by matthewf1tz, 27 March 2006 - 02:30 PM.

Posted Image

#8 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 02:39 PM

the website I originally found out about them from is this one (Soupie, this might interest you, I know what your doing is different but still...)

Dragon Museum Project

the guy looks like he may have borrowed some of his MUSCLE pics from members here but he pays homage to the AKIA site, along with The Godbeast and Nathan Newell amongst others.

The site is headed up as 'vintage toys' but it lists Gamoja so they are not all vintage on there. Gormiti are under the 'Italian' section.

Edited by matthewf1tz, 27 March 2006 - 02:42 PM.

Posted Image

#9 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:55 PM

Those figures look great!!! I love them. About how large are they compared to a Muscle? The Tortle and the first Forest guy are my favorites. Let us know how they are when you get them in person.

Eric

#10 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:41 AM

Lord also collects them :M:

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#11 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:23 PM

Lord also collects them 

thanks, I've dropped him a PM!

About how large are they compared to a Muscle?

I'm hoping the same size! I'll post some pics side by side with MUSCLE when they turn up unless anyone beats me to it...

Posted Image

#12 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:31 PM

in case anyone was interested I thought I'd post the little bit of info I have found out about this line of toys:

It appears they are sold at newspaper stands in Italy and they should currently be selling series 2 but demand has exceded supply and they have sold out! this would explain the high prices on ebay for some of the figures (the turtle, the tree man with 4 arms etc)

Series 1 had 42 figures, Series 2 had 35 figures although I'm not sure if this includes different repaints (some come in normal colours and then a second version with gold paint on them) or if this is individual sculpts. Currently a full set of 77 figures from series 1 and 2 and a couple of play sets from the line is up on ebay italia for 221euros with about 10 hours left.

Various playsets are available large and small, some that come with figures but I don't think the figures are exclusive to these sets. There is a large tree, a small volcano, some sort of underwater animal head amongst other things and a lizard type head that appears to fire balls (2 figures included in this set)

There is a large figure agvailable with a DVD of the cartoon. This figure comes in various colours.

Each figure comes with a card and a power rating is on this card, some seem to come with a small disc as well.

Well that's about it until I go to the post office and pick up my packages, in the meantime the Italian TV advert is available to watch here:

Gormiti TV advert

Posted Image

#13 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:36 PM

The TV commercial sold me on these, cooler than FoP and much cooler than Gamoja. I like the size of them too. I just hope they're availale in North America at some point, but I'm not holding my breath.

#14 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:08 AM

Currently a full set of 77 figures from series 1 and 2 and a couple of play sets from the line is up on ebay italia for 221euros with about 10 hours left.

UPDATE: it went for 319euros including postage in the end!

ebay link

Posted Image

#15 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:11 AM

Looks like the vehicles are similar to BB as well as the figures. :woot:

VERY KEWL!!! B)

I WISH they sold them here in the USA!!! :(

Thanks for drawing them to our attention! ;)

TGB

#16 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 05 April 2006 - 10:48 AM

Posted Image

photo by lord of gomiti compared to a battle beast.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#17 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:07 AM

I think it is kewl that he lifted the SRT info from Nate, because he at leasts credits the 3 of us for creating it. So to me...more free advertising.

Back to the discussion...

It looks like series 2 contains lots of repaints from series 1 and even an articulated larger figure w/ DVD.

I think that tree playset is wicked kewl from what I can see.

TGB

#18 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:06 PM

It looks like series 2 contains lots of repaints from series 1 and even an articulated larger figure w/ DVD.

yeah, with some that I got came the packaging and from that here is what I can deduce:

Series 1 has 42 figures from 6 different sets; earth, forest, sea, air, volcano magma, volcano lava. 6 of these figures (one from each set) are slightly bigger than the rest.

Series 2 has 77 figures. 35 original figures from 5 different sets, the same groups as the first series except volcano is reduced to one type (hence 7 less figures!).
Again each set has one figure that is slightly larger than the rest (5 in total). This time there is something new though, a figure in each set that is always listed on ebay as 'rare'. It is kept seperate from the rest on the packaging with 'it tries them in newspaper stand' written above them in italian, I'm guessing that may mean hard to find!!! (the turtle appears in this category)
As well as these 35 the 42 from series 1 are available repainted with gold and silver!

I think that tree playset is wicked kewl from what I can see.

I agree, I picked up 2 of the sea playsets on ebay last night, it looks like a giant turtle head with some pink coral and the turtle figure comes with it!!! :woot:

I was tempted to get the large volcano playset instead but went for the turtle ones in the end, the other one is still available:

playset

Posted Image

#19 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:10 AM

each set has one figure that is slightly larger than the rest

here's a couple of the figures I have, a comparison of a normal figure, a larger figure and a MUSCLE (they look pretty good together!):

Attached Files

Edited by matthewf1tz, 06 April 2006 - 08:15 AM.

Posted Image

#20 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:02 PM

well I got a load more figures through and I have to say I am well impressed!

The paint jobs are good on most figures, really good on others (the turtle)

I've got a variety of Series one and Series two and overall series one is good but nothing special - series two new sculpts really are something special!

I'll post some pics....

First pic:
The two large forest Gormiti (Series 2 on left, Series 1 on right), a normal size Series 1 forest Gormiti and a MUSCLE

Attached Files

Edited by matthewf1tz, 10 April 2006 - 12:02 PM.

Posted Image

#21 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:07 PM

Second pic:
TORTLE BROUGHT HIS BIG BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!

I think these three look effin sweet together! I hope you do too.....

Attached Files

Posted Image

#22 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 10 April 2006 - 03:55 PM

That turtle figure is simply awesome, kinda like Gamera on steroids... and after an unfortunate accident with some blue dyes.

#23 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 01:24 AM

I have just received a full box of Gormiti. I will post you pic of the figures later (when I will have open all the bags)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sylvain

#24 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 02:07 PM

I have just received a full box of Gormiti. I will post you pic of the figures later (when I will have open all the bags)

Sylvain

sweet - I can't wait to see them!

Did you buy-out a news stand or get them from a wholesaler??

Posted Image

#25 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 03:28 PM

a heads up in case anyone is thinking of buying anyofthese on ebay:

having been looking at all new listings since my initial post the prices seem to differ dramiticaly day to day. Some figures always seem to command a slightly higher price; for example the turtle gormiti (as pictured in my sig) cost me about 20euros, then the price seemed to drop after I'd bought the two as the stores in Italy that had previously sold out got more stock in. Well currently there is one of these figures up for over 30euros with 5 days left but others in the last 2 weeks have sold for less than 5 euros and many have not even sold!

I think with these is is worth hanging in there for a good deal or you could get stung....

Edited by matthewf1tz, 02 May 2006 - 03:29 PM.

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com