#1 GM4WALLS

GM4WALLS

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Wine, women and song!

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:20 AM

Does anyone cast replacement arms for BB? How bout weapons? I have found a place or two that do rubs, does anyone have experience with replacement rubs? I want to do a custom army, and I figure these types of items would be handy if they are made. If not it looks like I will be attempting to cast them myself.

#2 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

You could ask Ericnilla to cast the Beast or Beasts you´d like to get an army of. 

As far as I know there´s no such place as a BB replacement arm shop ;) 

The repro rubs are know so you could use these on the figs you´ve casted in order to give them a rubsign. 

I´ve had myself some White Penguins casted last year: http://www.littlerub...umball +penguin

Depending on the Beast or Beasts you´d like to built an army with it might even be cheaper to buy the original ones because having these cast not only takes a lot of time, if the person you approach actually does have the time for it, but it can also become a quite pricey project. 

Not sure how much experience you have with casting yourself but you can buy an original beast in poor condition but still good when it comes to its sculpt quality, make a mold of it and start casting yourself. There´s enough info to be found related to this on other parts of the board. 

Good luck and enjoy the Beasts!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#3 GM4WALLS

GM4WALLS

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:53 AM

Thanks for the reply. So the rubs are of decent quality?

#4 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

Thanks for the reply. So the rubs are of decent quality?

Well they work............. Personally I´m not that happy with them because it can happen that they are used on the original beasts as well and in case its not mentioned as such its quite a bummer when you end up with beasts of which you think are in original condition but they turn out to have a repro rub. 

You can easily tell their difference by the way, at least if you have them in hand, since the repro´s have the symbol on top of the sticker so you can even sort of see its relief even if its not activated. For the rest it works just as the normal ones. So in case your planning to use these for repro beasts they´re a great solution but in case your planning to place them on original figs please make sure you keep this in mind while passing them on in the future. 

What Beasts are you planning to built an army with? 

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#5 GM4WALLS

GM4WALLS

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

Not 100% sure yet which ones exactly. Was thinking more of a sub group using the Radioactive or Biohazard rubs and repainting my top ten faves to make a little team. If I were to army build it would either be the Skunk, Koala, Duck, Mole or Sloth... Most likely Pewtrid Skunk or Miner Mole simply due to the availability.

#6 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:08 PM

To my knowledge there are no members specifically making arms or spare arms. Eric Nilla is making the odd custom figure, but not arms.

Good luck with your castings! Please post some pictures of your results.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com