Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Original Japanese SD Beast Commercial (Meiji)

#Meiji #SD #Commercial

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:33 AM

Recently bumped into this video on Youtube which seems to be the original commercial for the SD Beasts in Japan back in the late 80´s. 

Pretty awesome as I´ve never seen an original BB commercial from Japan so far. 

It is showing the boxes as well as the foil packaging which are 2 of the 3 available known packages in which these SD Beasts could be found outside the ones from the Gacha machines. 

This video will also be added to the Beastformers Archeology topic regarding the various Advertisements from all over the world. 

-BA- Advertisement  

Enjoy and stay on the lookout because digital gems like these still seem to show up once in a while so its just a matter of spotting them ;)

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#2 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:48 AM

So cool! 

When things like this turn up on some random Japanese YT channel that I'm assuming none of us have seen before, it makes me believe that there has to be information floating around Japanese communities that we're just missing out on. 

Edited by bachamn, 05 June 2014 - 08:48 AM.

#3 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

When things like this turn up on some random Japanese YT channel that I'm assuming none of us have seen before, it makes me believe that there has to be information floating around Japanese communities that we're just missing out on. 

Maybe, but in this particular case it rather looks as if someone uploaded a couple of old Japanese commercials and this was just one of them.
If you go and watch the vid via Youtube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncYCin2ztCw you´ll see the suggestions on the right side suggesting other Japanese ads from the 80´s & 90´s from the same person who uploaded this one so guess were just lucky this SD vid was one of them.

If this commercial is indeed from 1988 than we can conclude that at least the SD boxes and foils were released quite a bit later than the first BB release and maybe they were part or released during the same period of the Serie 3 Beasts in Japan with would be in line with the design of some Serie 3 SD beasts.... 

Edited by Beastformers, 05 June 2014 - 11:38 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#4 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• 360 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

wonderful find! I'm amazed that this even existed. This just goes to show that we've only just begun to scratch the surface of what information is out there.

thanks

#5 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

Maybe, but in this particular case it rather looks as if someone uploaded a couple of old Japanese commercials and this was just one of them.

Right, I didn't mean other Beastformers collecting communities necessarily; just other contextual things like this that are harder to research with the language barrier consideration.

How did you come across it? Just random keyword searching?

#6 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:09 PM

Right, I didn't mean other Beastformers collecting communities necessarily; just other contextual things like this that are harder to research with the language barrier consideration.

How did you come across it? Just random keyword searching?

I understand, guess this was just a lucky coincidence, as there´s a wide variety of old Japanese ads shared there. 
The language barrier has always been a big obstacle to cross for most of us and somehow its strange that all the Beastformers connections I have or know about in Japan are all people who´re not Japanese so there´s still a big lack of direct direct connections. Translations are good but with that alone we wont be able to get the actual backstories clear. Commercials like these only give away little clues but its just awesome to see it as it brings us back in time to the moment these were still to be released or just came into the stores, personally it gets my imagination going crazy ;) 

Do some random but strategic searching once in a while with some keywords, mostly resulting in nothing but once in a while something new shows up and things like these make it worthwhile to keep looking, right? 

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#7 ScreaminDemon

ScreaminDemon

Cyber Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts , Laser Beasts , Beastformers , Shadow Warriors , War Monsters and any other variations of Battle Beasts including Beast Saga. Transformer decoys.

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

Yes!
Demon

#8 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

amazing thanks

Posted Image

#9 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

Love old Japanese ad videos. This is quite interesting. Has anyone tried asking the anime section on 4chan if any of them have any Beastformers commercials? They normally help out there. Or if anyone actually knows japanese, try the 2ch one.

Edited by thenerdieststore, 13 June 2014 - 01:17 PM.

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#10 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣