16 replies to this topic

#1 ravenjack

ravenjack

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:32 PM

I live in the Tampa,Florida area and I have been noticing that many of the stores around here have been remodeling. I stopped by one tonight and upon checking the toy aisle saw they had restocked HOH, with a new price sticker indicating they were only $3! I bought 2 packs and may go back tomorrow for a few more. Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone here, check your walmarts.

#2 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:48 AM

I live in the Tampa,Florida area and I have been noticing that many of the stores around here have been remodeling. I stopped by one tonight and upon checking the toy aisle saw they had restocked HOH, with a new price sticker indicating they were only $3! I bought 2 packs and may go back tomorrow for a few more. Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone here, check your walmarts.

When that happened at the only Wal-Wart in my region to carry HoH, they clearanced them out for good! :)
Hopefully that doesn't happen to you. But keep it in mind. Definitely get what you want at $3. That's outstanding. Now I can only find them at TRU for whatever they charge (I think $6.96). Thanks for the heads up, though.

#3 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:04 PM

Don't have to worry about them dissapearing were I live. My walmart still has X-Men Origins:Wolverine figures for $5.00, long after the other area walmarts slashed them to 2 bucks to get rid of them.

#4 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:19 PM

Still full price here in SoCal...

#5 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:22 PM

Thanks for the tip - I haven't been in a Mal-Wart in a while, but I'll definitely make a run tomorrow.

#6 ravenjack

ravenjack

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:54 AM

Hopefully it lasts at this price. Should have some doubles to trade soon. If anyone wants I can pick them up for this price and ship to you, not sure with shipping how much different then retail the price would be.

#7 calledgestewdent

calledgestewdent

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:46 PM

I found (2) wave 1 packs at my San Diego Walmart a few weeks ago. They price checked at $3 each.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:59 AM

That's what they should have been priced at to begin with. Don't get me wrong, I love this line and I am actively collecting them. But the price breaks down to nearly $1/fig! Come on Hasbro, leave the gouging business to Erape (Ebay) sellers. I know I would own much, much more of these if I could find em at $3/pack. Right now I only pick up packs that will expedite my endeavor to complete sets. And I bet the line would do much better too at this price. So if this is a last hurrah for this line, I wish Hasbro would learn from their pricing errors and foment toy lines by encouraging purchases through better thought out sales prices.

#9 calledgestewdent

calledgestewdent

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:43 PM

Walmart doesn't have the wave 2 line so I believe it is an attempt to finish wave 1. Toys'r'us has been selling wave 2 since last month at my store ($6.99 per pack) and they still have wave 1 as well. They haven't even bothered to differentiate the waves on the shelves.

If you want to save a buck or 2 you may be better off trading for the figures you need on the The LRG Community "Handful of Heroes" Trade Thread. I know it's helped me.

Edited by calledgestewdent, 06 May 2010 - 06:44 PM.

#10 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:12 PM

Yeah, I have been meaning to get active with that route. It is the most cost effective way for sure.

#11 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:54 PM

This past weekend I discovered 2 Wal-Wart locations that were carrying Handful of Heroes. These 2 locations had never stocked them before to my knowledge. Wave 1 & 2 were intermixed on the pegs. Price point was $5.64 I think. Anyway, it certainly surprised me. I had found them before at only one other Wal-Wart in a different city at one time and that store had clearanced them out after awhile and did not restock them on several rechecks over several months. I thought the line was headed for obsolesence after TRU had their fill of business with them. But, maybe we will see a resurgence and possibly an expansion. Especially when considering there will be 2 new Marvel feature films next year. One can only hope.

#12 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

whoa nice! certainly wasn't expecting this - thanks for the heads up.

#13 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:43 AM

Finally found some Wave2 HoH packs at a local Wal-Mart. Still at the $5.64 price so I only bought one pack.. will have to keep going back & hope for another mega clearance sale like the one I scored after Wave1 died out.

#14 calledgestewdent

calledgestewdent

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:46 AM

Better than Toys'r'us ($6.99). Still the only place I've found them in my area. I'll pay more attention to Walmart. It takes a little bit for us to get stuff when you see them. Wasn't that Walmart's regular price last time?

#15 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:25 AM

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that was their price for Wave1.

#16 action-figures.ca

action-figures.ca

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

Sadly, all the Walmarts in my area learned their lesson with the Wolverine: X-Men Origins figures when they had shelves full that they marked down to $2 each. Since then you find the odd few figures for $3 each, but not how it used to be. It seems they just don't carry as much from the movie lines as they used to. Been waiting on the GL movie figures to drop and still a no go.
Visit www.action-figures.ca the 70s & 80s action figure guide, online store & forums.
Posted Image

#17 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

Like a month ago I was at a Wal-Mart and they had a huge clearance section in the garden area. I think they were still clearing out Christmas overstock. They had a HUGE boatload of GL!!! That line apparently didn't do well. The singles were going for $1.50 there. I found Max charge Hal Jordan, Max charge Kilowog, Galius Zed (my favorite), and Ket Mol (spelling?) who I think has the best construct with the foot trap. But that's the only location I have come across with that much overstock and at such an absurdly low price. Just keep your eyes open if you get out of your usual region. But the new summer movies will be pushing out the old stuff soon. Already has with Avengers which I think look awful.

Edited by phantomeye, 18 March 2012 - 01:19 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com