#51 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 07:43 AM

Ok,
I just found this post and this thread. Here is my 2 cents. $300 is crazy, however, I feel that Alex did what is done all the time. I have done it and I am sure tons of the same people in this discussion have offered buy outs or for a single figure, successfully or not successfully. Alex congratulations on great aggressive negotitations! Seriously Doc, you just said a while back that you had truck problems and you had to sell some extras to raise some cash. Are you trying to tell us that you had $300+ to shell out on him? Also, what is done is done. No one is saying that you have to be happy about it, however, tearin' into Alex is just plain jealously. I do however, dig the multiple suggestions of Alex loaning me the figure to make a "LIMITED RUN" (not mass production) of these for a more reasonable price for everyone. Also, I could make them in clear colors and none in pink flesh, so that it would not effect his original figure's value. I will contact Alex to discuss some business with him. I also would like Alex to let me do a similar run of the Spinning Head Ashurman.
Needless to say, Alex, I think what you did was A-OK! Congratulations.
THEGODBEAST :lol:

#52 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 10:53 AM

Seriously Doc, you just said a while back that you had truck problems and you had to sell some extras to raise some cash. Are you trying to tell us that you had $300+ to shell out on him?

just to clarify, that is me "Doctor Dew" who has the blown up truck....

#53 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 11:01 AM

Ooops!
I am an idiot.
Wrong Doc. Sorry Doctor Dew.

doc_moore_j --------doesn't have the truck problems, however,
would doc_moore_j spend $300 + on a BHS?

#54 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 11:58 AM

would doc_moore_j spend $300 + on a BHS?

Yup, and then some. Taichi would have at least spent that, and I`m sure there are a few others who would have easily pushed it over $400!! :lol:

#55 Knuxman

Knuxman

Reject False Icons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 12:05 PM

$400! 0_o i would NEVER pay that much for under 300 muscles, how could you want a single muscle THAT bad i can understand like $20 to $60 for a rare but $#$! thats a lot!
"So it goes."
~Vonnegut

#56 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 12:21 PM

If someone has the $ to spend $300+ on a single muscle, good for them. The fact still remains that Alex had the mind to offer the guy and in the end, he has the BHS and only spent $300 vs. I guess doc_moore_j or Taichi spending more. To be honest, I personally think that spending that much on a muscle is crazy. I have felt the same about Battle Beasts. I have been more than content with my custom Laser Beasts at a fraction of the cost of the real ones. (So have tons of other BB and LB collectors.) So if Alex is cool enough to work something out with me on custom BHS, then everyone can benefit from Alex scoring it. If Alex chooses not to have customs made (which he has all the right to, especially after spending $300 for it) then maybe everyone will wish doc_moore_j or Taichi had won it (if they are the type of people that would have had customs made). Who knows. Fact of the matter is: I made Alex an offer and if he chooses to do it, it will be most definitely in his best interest. Because he will still have an original ultra rare BHS in flesh color, compensation, the customs will all be in different colors (no flesh pink), and there will be a limited run to hold the customs value, also preventing too many from being produced.

#57 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 01:39 PM

Wow :( This is THE definitive MUSCLE community. I really dont know much about all these rare figures, but if they're only three of those rotating head guys and someone on here has one, then there are some hard core collecters on board. And if that doesnt prove it, maybe the $300 dollar figs might ;)

Just thinking out loud guys, I'm really liking it around here :D

-mimoman

BTW if any of you guys want to get rid of some of your excess bunches of figs, drop me a PM, would ya?

#58 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 03:52 PM

Wow :( This is THE definitive MUSCLE community.
<snip>
Just thinking out loud guys, I'm really liking it around here ;)

-mimoman

BTW if any of you guys want to get rid of some of your excess bunches of figs, drop me a PM, would ya?

Welcome to the Board. This is the best place for info on anything Kinnikuman related. Plus everybody is pretty cool. If you are looking for figures then check out the AKIA store. Johnny has a huge selection of Kinkeshi and MUSCLEs. With the way the auctions on ebay have been lately it is harder to get a good deal via auctions.

#59 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 03:55 PM

Alex congratulations on great aggressive negotitations!

Needless to say, Alex, I think what you did was A-OK! Congratulations.
THEGODBEAST ;)

Thanks GODBEAST! I appreciate that. :(

:D
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#60 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 04:37 PM

i feel what he did was absolutely Ae-O.K. If he "snuck under" good for him. Its a bidding site and you shouldnt be upset because you didnt think of it earlier. Just be more aggresive next time. Nice job but i knew to stay clear of that auction for it was for the heavy bidders not the newbs like me.
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#61 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 05:00 PM

I dunno, I might've sent it off to ya GODBEAST, but that's not a decision I can make with the same kind of mind now........

if I had it, I'd be thinking a LOT differently than now that I don't.......

I can say now "Yes, I would've sent it off to you", but don't know if I would say the same thing if I had actually gotten it.......

I just want a BHS, I don't care if it's a custom, the real deal, or even a Kinkeshi.........I just want it, and I want it complete.......

I'm thinking about trying to negotiate with Jkaris to see if he can score me one (along with a SHA) on Yahoo! Japan......

it don't matter much to me, so long as it's the same sculpt.......

and if I had a KINKESHI one, I'd have less of a problem sending it to GODBEAST for customs.......

but, he'd have to agree to do 'em in solid blue and green! :woot:

#62 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 05:53 PM

Well guys, here is Alex's response:

Hey Marty,

Thanks for the offer on the Super Rares. I value their rarity too much to risk the chance of losing them in the mail or something freak accident like that though. I greatly appreciate the offer to get back the money I spent on Blackhole Sunshine. I am just paranoid about things like this. I do trust your ability to make perfect reproductions and customs too, I've seen your work and it is magnificent. There is still a person on this board that has a Spinning Head Ashuraman too. His name is JShurt and he is registered as El Midgetron. JShurt knows the other owner of the orignal Blackhole Sunshine also. His name is Damon. Maybe if you contacted El Midgetron he could get in touch with Damon and convince him to loan as well. That way you would have the Spinning Head Ashuraman from El Midgetron and the Blackhole Sunshine from Damon. Offer them an offer similar to the offer you offered me. They may do it. They may do it if they knew your cause also without the offer. Might not hurt to ask.

Thanks again Marty!

Alex

All that said, I understand totally and respect his decision. So sorry to everyone wanting a BHS or a SHA.

THEGODBEAST :woot:

#63 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 06:00 PM

how exactly do you guys make the bootlegs?

Posted Image

#64 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 06:41 PM

Curiosity:

If sniping is getting an auction at the last second, what would this be called?

Bombing?

Nuking?

Poisoning?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#65 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 06:48 PM

i would say bombing

Posted Image

#66 Kinnikux

Kinnikux

Devil Ashuraman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 07:10 PM

I understand why Alex would not want to send Marty the Blackhole sunshine, or the SH asuraman...I mean 300 is a hella lot for just a little hunk of pink plastic. Still, it would have been cool if godbeast made copies of him just for the collectors on the board....like he said a limited thing. Anyway, if I ever get the kinkeshi of him (or even if I stumble on a M.U.S.C.L.E one) you can bet I will lend him to Marty. Im not only into building up my collection, I would also like to see the M.U.S.C.L.E. Community grow. Im still glad someone on this board won the BHS, and as far as I know Alex is a great guy! So cheers to Alex

#67 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 07:17 PM

If sniping is getting an auction at the last second, what would this be called?

if we're gonna need a term for it, i'd suggest "nipping"...

#68 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 08:13 PM

Hmmm? i wonder if people would want copies of my drunken master?

lol I know he's pretty ugly but im sure some people would want him (i think)

then someone else would see that he is made like the American muscles

also what happens if this Black hole Sunshine turns out to be one of the japanese figures? (knock on wood)

But im sure Alex asked him if he is or isn't so im sure no worry's
The Only True Measure Of Success Of Any Hobby Is How Much You Enjoy Participating in it.
--------------------------------

View What M.U.S.C.L.E.'s I Have For Trade And Sale On muscledb.com CLICK HERE

#69 Robotube

Robotube

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 08:16 PM

Blachole Sunshine IS one of the Japanese figures. :woot:
http://www.robotube.com/toys - My MUSCLE stuff from Japan

http://www.robotube.com/muscle - My G2 Micro Gallery

Posted Image

#70 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 08:26 PM

What if Marty and Alex (and anyone else with super rares) meet up at muscle con.

#71 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 08:35 PM

who is Marty and Alex? I think that Arforbes is alex, but im not to sure about Marty. the only ones i do know are Doctor Dew, jkaris, and SpectreSuperSix5.

Posted Image

#72 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 09:01 PM

I am Alex. Arforbes is my username and stands for my name. Pretty simple...Alex my first name, R my middle initial, and Forbes my last name. :woot:

Marty is GODBEAST, the famous sculptor and artistic figure cloner and reproducer. Very talented! :woot:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#73 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 09:07 PM

alright thanks, now i can keep up with some of this talk.

Posted Image

#74 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 09:21 PM

What if Marty and Alex (and anyone else with super rares) meet up at muscle con.

that would be funny to see.

Don't ask me why

I just think that would be funny

it would how ever be a chance to see and feel (if they let ya and if they brought them) the super rares and see if they are what they say they are (which i believe they are seeing that i think i have one lol)

I woundnt be there though :woot: because its in Cali. and im in NY

oh well ill just read about it :woot:
The Only True Measure Of Success Of Any Hobby Is How Much You Enjoy Participating in it.
--------------------------------

View What M.U.S.C.L.E.'s I Have For Trade And Sale On muscledb.com CLICK HERE

#75 EASports

EASports

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 11:12 PM

Welcome back EASPorts! Where have you been? See what you have missed? :huh:

B)

What's up, dude? I had to take a break, I was spending way too much money on muscles for a while, and it was easiest to go cold turkey... It's pretty damn cool that another BHS surfaced, and now this drunken master guy? What a lucky find! I still think that the ultra fabulous, ultra furious blue zord holds his own, though... heh heh heh.
And "hey, how's it going" to all the rest of you seasoned board members out there, too! I've been prowling some NES boards the past couple of months. You know, it's been said before, but this is a pretty unique community here, good stuff. I just never got the same feel from other boards...

What's up doc? Haven't they shipped you out yet? I know up here we're getting ready to go somewhere...
"Let's go home"
"We are home"
"That was fast"

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com