#151 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

Do you understand Japanese?

God I wish they would just sub this shit already. I enjoy the show but I can't watch something and not understand the dialogue. Any news on that DVD some of us were hoping on?

Not at all, I just don't think it's that difficult to figure out what is going on.  LIke in that episode where

Wait Spoilers?

Okay Spoilers coming up

In the episode after Golder steals the Godlot, where we see Liorga thinking about his History with Golder, you see Liorga's side of things.  Golder was a rival but a friend, that training buddy you fought with who made you better.  But then you see Golder's side of things, and Golder's father on his deathbed telling Golder that the Lion's stole his throne, or something, and you imagine Golder's side of Things.  Liorga always one upping him, every one of Liorga's success a slap in Golder's face, and I really felt for Golder in that episode.  

It actually really sucks there are no subs for this, but I've enjoyed adding my own story to what we're seeing on youtube.

#152 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

If I can't understand the dialogue, I can't watch the show. Just a little tick of mine. I want to know words, people!
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#153 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

Episode 29 is up!

Nothing gets resolved in this episode, but the set up is getting interesting and I can't wait for the next episode...is Manta Rei actually going to talk?!

#154 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

Here's a cool synopsis of episode 31 from the episode summaries on the official website : http://www.tv-tokyo....des/episodes01/ This is my re-structuring of the broken English translation spit out by Google Translate. 

Awakening (Burst)! Super Raioga!
The showdown between Killer Shark and Raioga. As Raioga approaches the onslaught of the insane Killer Shark, the God Lot of Flame resonates within his soul and draws him nearer with a tremendous force; strengthened by his desire to protect the people of Gloria Kingdom. Raioga, capturing the energy of all 3 God Lots, is surrounded by a divine aura. The Beast who was able to combine his soul with the God Lot - waking up as a true hero - the Legend of the Beast Star has awakened!

They don't give complete explanations of what happens in all the episodes, but you can get a general idea of the plot and learn some terminology used in the lore. There were also some things that I was able to figure out that I didn't catch when watching the un-subbed episodes.

Edited by bachamn, 28 August 2013 - 08:33 AM.

#155 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

Well, this topic has been a little dead so here's some fun stuff from Episode 35 (1 episode left this season I think?) 

Ok, so the last two episodes kind of sucked; lots of celebrating and revelry after Rioga's defeat of Killer Shark. But here the plot starts to ramp back up again, and quickly! Lots of Sky Tribe stuff in this episode and again it's made clear that there are different factions of Sky tribe members as there are Sea Tribe, both good and bad. I absolutely love the character designs on these new birds; now I'm hoping more than ever that they don't abandon the toyline before all of these get made!

This could help explain the "White Gold" deluxe set:Attached File  white-gold.PNG   110K   17 downloads

Crow! (solider-build type): Attached File  crow.PNG   90.79K   21 downloads

Unsure on this guy, maybe a Rooster or Pheonix?: Attached File  sasa.PNG   85.07K   26 downloads

Zombie Pirazons!:Attached File  zombie.PNG   123.59K   31 downloads

The new trio of bad-guys scheming: Attached File  three-birds2.PNG   97.17K   26 downloads

Edited by bachamn, 09 September 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#156 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

now I'm hoping more than ever that they don't abandon the toyline before all of these get made!

This is my precise fear. I wish we had a better understanding on how the line was doing on this side of the globe. There is so many good characters left to be made!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#157 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

Aww man it would suck to never get those cool figures! New Goldar looks sweet! I like Oruga's new armor too.

I think the new bird is a vulture or condor.

#158 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hadn't seen this posted yet but they have episodes 4-6 fan-subbed in English now over at ruri subs:

http://ruri-subs.info/?p=155

Episode 37 is up too :)

Edited by bachamn, 24 September 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#159 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

Just stumbled across this 8-Bit rendition of the intro animation and theme music. :D

#160 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

Just stumbled across this 8-Bit rendition of the intro animation and theme music. :D

It kills me that the show clearly has a loyal enough fanbase to support them making an 8-bit video, and yet they're just sitting on their hands.

I could be wrong, but I really feel like if they imported the stuff over-seas it would be a smash hit.

<p> </p>
<p>

#161 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

Unfortunately, I think you're looking at it the wrong way. Rabid fans don't equal success. The 8-bit video is awesome, but it's had 1,000 views in three months. That's nothing. 

Here, at a dedicated Battle Beasts and Beast Saga site, you've got maybe ten people who regularly comment on the show. If you assume there's ten times that many lurkers, that's still next to nothing. The Saturday morning TV landscape is littered with shows, including imported animes with a marketing backbone of a game or merchandise, that have come and gone with no success at all. If Beast Saga is faltering in Japan (which we don't know for sure) it's logical that it would be the same or worse here.

I love the Beast Saga figures and wish the line nothing but success. But I think the show sucks. The animation is bad and it's just not very dynamic, even for a kids' show. Granted, that's just my opinion, but as a connoisseur of cartoons, I honestly don't think there's any chance of this show being imported or staying on long if it was. Sadly, there's not much reason to think many people feel otherwise.

#162 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

I love the Beast Saga figures and wish the line nothing but success. But I think the show sucks. The animation is bad and it's just not very dynamic, even for a kids' show. Granted, that's just my opinion, but as a connoisseur of cartoons, I honestly don't think there's any chance of this show being imported or staying on long if it was. Sadly, there's not much reason to think many people feel otherwise.

yeah I pretty much agree with this, which some might not expect considering post more about the anime than most on here. I primarily just like to follow it to learn the intended backstories of the figures (like Siambi being a 'Dancing Warrior' (and male, nonetheless), or that Billsword/Man-ray are essentially 'Lawful Evil" badguys. I actually learned quite a bit regarding factions and the general motives of many of the characters in the show that weren't made obvious from the toys alone (at least to non-Japanese speakers)

Overall though if you compare this to quality anime, it's definitely pretty crappy but like you said that's kind of typical for children's shows. Still, I'll keep following it and wishing success since it's largely going to determine whether they continue to make the figures. If the show gets canned the most we can hope for is a final release of figures that have hopefully already been produced and are awaiting release.

Edited by bachamn, 25 September 2013 - 08:00 AM.

#163 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

Looks like season 1 will be ending Sunday.  :cray:

Attached File  seasonfinale.PNG   199.04K   13 downloads

Let's hope for the best!

#164 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

Did anyone else watch the season (series?) finale? The pacing felt off to me. They spend a huge amount of time on the Ouga/cheetah fight early in the episode, then in the second half they cram in a decidedly abrupt fight between Raioga/Wolfen, then roll right into a finale-esque group/establishing shot.

None of the Sky Kingdom characters are present, and nothing is mentioned about the Sky Kingdom/ White Golder plot lines that were presented earlier. All of the rush makes me think that the show did perhaps get canceled, and this episode was already halfway done when they got the word that they had to wrap things up as best they can. 100% speculation, but I plan on doing a little more Japanese twitter digging later to see if I can find anything.

Now, here's the cool bit; this episode had one of the sweetest call-backs to the original releases. During his battle with Raioga, Wolfen pulls out a laser gun that should look familiar...

Attached File  wolfen.PNG   381.74K   31 downloads

They also introduced a Buffalo beast, who appears to be some sort of mafia/crime boss.

Attached File  buffalo.PNG   326.06K   25 downloads

Edited by bachamn, 07 October 2013 - 11:30 AM.

#165 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

Retweeted by the official Beast Saga Twitter account.

Looks like it was written by a staff member from the show and it certainly doesn't sound like just the end of the season.

#166 RayRay9754

RayRay9754

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

there all on youtube now but only the first couple of episodes are subed in English

it stoppes at like 6 with the English sub and there up to 30 something

#167 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

Second Beast Saga Series is green-lit. Perhaps the demise of this series was greatly exaggerated.

http://www.animenews...nd-anime-series

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#168 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

That is great news. Hopefully that will be a good sign for the toy series.

#169 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

Second Beast Saga Series is green-lit. Perhaps the demise of this series was greatly exaggerated.

http://www.animenews...nd-anime-series

Nice, It's about time they released an official statement! Amazing that there was such a lack of comments about this before now but this is great to hear.

Surely this means that toy production will continue next year; there are just too many that are essentially main characters since the beginning who still don't have figures (Zebrax, Minedrill).

#170 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

That's good news. Though I don't collect them anymore I was a bit worried the line/anime was dead. Too much potential there to let it go to waste! Fingers are crossed for the salmon to show up at some point!

#171 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

And the goddamn octopus better make a toy appearance ASAP.
<p> </p>
<p>

#172 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

And the goddamn octopus better make a toy appearance ASAP.

effing this.

I'm personally waiting for a Crab figure; he waslisted as a candidate for the 'gashapon wave 2' over the summer on some website and never mentioned again. 

#173 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

Yeah I pretty much want to pick up a couple of the unreleased sea tribe characters, and the octopus and crab are right behind the salmon for me. The other sharks sport some questionable designs, but I'd probably grab those too.

#174 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

I hope we get new toys... Unless the video game does incredibly well and we end up with a Digimon Xros Wars situation where they decide to drop the toy to focus on video games...

#175 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

Not sure how I missed this before, but re-reading that link, it looks like season 2 will be a straight-to-DVD release. Perhaps Takara made the call to kill the toy line, but the production company already had most of season 2 completed so they decided to release it anyway? Or, the pressure could be coming from the other side, with the figures being popular enough to carry the show to a second season but the ratings didn't do well enough to get it on the air again.

I guess time will tell.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com