13 replies to this topic

#1 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 03:24 PM

Well today i headed to target to find Muscle ,but none could be found ,but i found TMNT!!!

Shedder:
2 blades that interlock
1 war pike
2 stars

cool looking
arms SUCK!
first off they move up and down like G1 turtles
but at the elbow they are stiff no movment and the other arm they have movement.
wrist do turn tho

knees do not bend
legs move like G1 turtles
quality fair

Don:
2 bos
2 addition parts for bos (ax and blade)
2 stars

unlike G1 turtles no where to place stars on belt so you gotta shove it up his shell B)
the additions to the bo's make the staff look akward
the belt hold 1 , but i managed the squeeze the 2nd bow in

legs move on 1 axis
arms move on 2
wrist moves on 1
both elbows turn.

overall quality : fair to cowabunga.

next issue of Turtles over time
hoping Foot Solder and Splinter.

Attached Files

• Attached File  tmnt.JPG   47.42K   43 downloads

~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#2 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 03:51 PM

Shredder looks BADASS! :lol:

B)

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#3 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2003 - 04:20 PM

These figures are all over the place here in Michigan. But after reading your review my concerns have turned out to be true.

These figures are better on the card then loose. They look so cool in the package, it sucks to hear they are only "so-so" out of the package. :unsure:

#4 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 04:27 PM

don't get me wrong they are made well enough
but not up to par with the rest of the toys i've seen (Heman , Muscle)
at least the weapons are made verywell unlike the Heman stuff ( i feel like i can break the heman stuff where TMNT is a nice rubber like thing)

I was purchasing them to see how far they have come along since 1988~1990's
and they came along pretty well , but Heman has 1~3 more steps ahead in articulation ,but TMNT still has the feel of TMNT where the new heman lost some of the Nos value
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#5 Kinniku Mantaro

Kinniku Mantaro

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 05:23 PM

I'm from Michigan too Veers, and yea I've seen them everywhere though they are selling out at Target where I work. I think they look too cool for their own good. Foot Soldiers aren't suppose to look cooler than the turtles.

#6 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 01:43 AM

So... Shredder doesn't look as good in real life?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Leonardo

Leonardo

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 10:25 AM

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. They are 100% better than g1 turtles, and crappy toys out today like transformers armada and justice league. Don't get my wrong i love the justice league show, but I bought batman and superman and they SUCK. I'll stick with something that has more than 5 joints of articulation thank you.
Anyways, the tmnt arms have nice ball joints, wrists are movable, elbows are movable, the only thing that I was disappointed with are the legs, but they are still good. The tmnt toys have a lot of play value, especially with things like the sewer playset, and the battle shell to add to the fun. They look incredible as well, much more detail than most toys out (besides motu :D ). I bought the entire ultimate muscle series 1 deluxe figures, ( i just got paid) and they are cool and posable, but the screws make them look so crappy. The tmnt don't have any screws or such, and the weapons are painted with 2+ colors rather than 1 brown. The only one in the line that could use some help is the foot soldier.
I recommend you buy one turtle, like leonardo or something, and decide for yourself. You probably will be happy that you decided to put down a measly $6 (compared to ultimate muscle's $8, damn that wiped me clean -_-).
Check out my cool transformers/ninja turtles site
www.wheeljack.com
Posted Image
www.theninjaturtles.com

#8 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 07:12 PM

sorry, after buying the motu toys, i have a new rule for full-sized action figures - if they don't have articulation at the elbows and knees, i'm not buying them.

well, that is unless they're part of a toy series that i've already invested in. for example, i intend on buying further motu toys. of course, i can see myself breaking this rule for certain properties, but i'm simply not a big enough fan of tmnt to buy 'em if the knees don't bend.

:woot:

#9 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 07:55 PM

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. They are 100% better than g1 turtles, and crappy toys out today like transformers armada and justice league.

I agree with Leo. The new Turtles look much better than the old ones. The weapons are a VAST improvement. The articulation is better, too... although 1) the elbow articulation for Raph and Leo is essentially worthless because their arms are too straight, and 2) the shell somewhat limits their movements.

Unfortunately, my major complaint is that the sculpts aren't different enough. I have three of the Turtles (Leo, Raph, and Don), and a lot of the body parts are the same. For example, all of the Turtles have the exact same torso/shell. And Leo and Raph have pretty much the same sculpt, except for their heads and right legs.

But it doesn't bother me too much... I can look past that. They're great toys: they're very durable and playable, look great, and come with awesome accessories! And the shell cycle DOESN'T shoot pizzas! Thank God!

-Nathan

PS - You're right about Armada and Justice League. Armada blows chunks with its crappy robots painted neon colors and mini-cons that look like stick figures. And JL figures are essentially rigid statues. As for the 6.5" Ultimate Muscles... at least the Turtles have joints that are painted the right frickin' color!!!

#10 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 08:08 PM

y'know, the only 6.5" american g2 figure that even looks bad because of the mis-matched joints is ramen man, in my opinion.

#11 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 08:27 PM

y'know, the only 6.5" american g2 figure that even looks bad because of the mis-matched joints is ramen man, in my opinion.

I'm so goddamned disappointed in those Ultimate Muscle figures. All of them, save Warsman, have joints that are colored incorrectly, which makes the figures look like they're dollar store knock-offs. It's not like the color is slightly off... it's totally, 100% dead-wrong, and totally distracting. And the paint application in general is lame, with no shading details to the figures. Sure, they have great articulation, but if they look like they're a rip-off of Kit-Bashed Boba Fett, then what's the point?

They all get an "F-" in my book. Hopefully, Bandai will get its thumb out of its collective arse and make decent figures for the next wave. I mean, COME ON! Getting all the parts to match is like Action Figure 101!!!

I'm just bitter because I was really looking forward to the figures, and was totally disappointed... :woot:

-Nathan

#12 Leonardo

Leonardo

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 08:32 PM

I know how you feel, i was so hoping hte JLA figures would look cool, and they suck. But tmnt was my main concern, and it turned out better than i expected so that really rocked. As for the knee joints, your loss, but i think knee joints make the figure look worse and harder to stand up straight.
Check out my cool transformers/ninja turtles site
www.wheeljack.com
Posted Image
www.theninjaturtles.com

#13 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 11:53 PM

As for the knee joints, your loss, but i think knee joints make the figure look worse and harder to stand up straight.

my loss? not really, seeing as i'd be buying a figure that wouldn't satisfy me, and i'd end up feeling as though it wasn't worth my hard earned money. in this situation, "loss" is an entirely subjective concept.

personally, i find that toys without knee (or even ankle) articulation are harder to pose.

i dunno, maybe coming from being a gundam model fan, i expect too much articulation... :)

#14 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 06:36 AM

I'm so goddamned disappointed in those Ultimate Muscle figures. All of them, save Warsman, have joints that are colored incorrectly, which makes the figures look like they're dollar store knock-offs. It's not like the color is slightly off... it's totally, 100% dead-wrong, and totally distracting. And the paint application in general is lame, with no shading details to the figures.

Yeah, I was shocked at the cheap paint jobs on the American figures. I had ordered the Japanese figures when they came out. Their paint jobs are great. Then I saw the American figures and was amazed that they didn't just import the figures with the same paint job! What, did Bandai not think us in the States like nice paint jobs? Even thought the Japanese ones were more expensive, I'm glad I got them instead of the American ones.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com