• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 06:47 PM

Firstly, I want you to ignore everything that you remember about Capsule Figures- you know, being about 2-3" tall, and made of a few parts. These are INCREDIBLY high-quality.

Figures: There are six figures in this set. Millia Rage (the blonde), April (The pirate girl with the brom), Dizzy (In pirate outfit- girl with wings), Justice (the robot), Ky kiske (white guy with sword), and Anji Mito (japanbese guy with fans).

Size: You know how normal capsule figures are between three and four inches? Well, the shortest in this set is four inches tall, and the tallest measures at five and a half inches! (Justice). I'm surprised that some of them even fit into their capsules! The pic doesn't show it, but Justice is easily head and shoulders taller than all the others.

Sculpting: Each figure is sculpted after an actual piece of artwork for the character (Exceptions: April, who's not a playable character, and Justice, who's more of aproper action figure than a mini-statue). They are COMPLETELY faithful to the originals, down to the small details.

Paint job: Excellent on all of them.

Material: A soft plastic that's relatively durable- but not the best one for the justice fig. I'll get to that later.

Articulation: Most of them are like mini-statues. They come in pieces, and need to be assembled- although it's easy to do, with one exception. That exception is Justice. Justice actually has ball-joint sockets. They fit VERY tightly, though, and you HAVE to whittle them down so you don't break him, or get stuck joints. However, this is outweighed by the sheer incredibleness of the guy. Millia comes with an alternate hairstyle (you can see in the pic- it's like wings), and justice's two shoulder gunports can open- with the help of teeny tiny connector hinges to keep them that way. Other than that, there isn't too much articulation.

Detailedness: Beyond amazing. You see April, the pirate girl? Her skirt and legs are two different parts. As demented as it sounds, they even remembered to paint underwear on her! There's attention to detail like this all over the place- stuff that you can't see (they did the same to Anji- his legs and pants are different pieces, too).

Fun Factor: Very much, even though they're practically display pieces. The simply fact that Justice is bigger than a Star Wars toy is in and of itself incredible. Their poses and paint jobs are great, too, but some of them have small pieces.

Overall: 4.5 out of 5. they'd get a five if Justice weren't so frustratingly hard to put together.

Attached Files

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 10:32 PM

Pic of Justice!

Attached Files

#3 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 08:48 PM

Mega cool figs.....I want the One Piece ones......

where do you get your Gashapon, Ridureyu?

#4 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 09:33 PM

There used to be an anime shop right near where I live that sold everything for CHEAP (I bought Kin manga at $3 a book there), but it moved back to Japan.

#5 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 10:07 PM

Hmm....sucky.....

I really want the "One Piece" Gashapon.....they're uber cool......

what do you mean by 'book'???

#6 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 01:43 AM

The manga is sold in 150 page books.

And the One Piece stuff is all over E-bay...

#7 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 10:20 AM

Really, I'll hafta go check that out!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com