#1 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 04:56 PM

hahahahaha!

another crazy toy from the g-gundam series.

Posted Image
(click on the pic for more info on it's role on the show)

it's pretty straight-forward. it comes with two alternate hands, which have the index and middle fingers pointed straight out, and the rest of the fingers tucked in.

the upper body is where most of the weight is, obviously. this makes for limited posing possibilities. no weapons to speak of.

on the one i got, the paint for the two slashes where a nose would be, the paint application seem to be a little off to the side.

other than that, it's just a crazy addition to any toy collection. :(

#2 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 07:25 PM

Very strange looking figure. Quite unlike what I am used to. ^_^

:o
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#3 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 07:32 PM

yeah, no doubt about it - even for the "g-gundam" universe, this is a strange mobile suit.

i'm really hoping that "jester gundam" come out soon, too. ^_^

#4 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 09:45 PM

^_^ I can't believe you got this one! I saw it at Target last night. I thought about getting for a second just because it is so goofy looking.

As far as the Jester Gundam is concerned, I could have sworn I saw that figure at Target. Maybe not. That is one crazy looking Gundam.

#5 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 09:53 PM

maybe it was in this wave, but there were so many left-over mandor gundams falling off the racks, and i didn't even bother to search through.

man, mandor gundam really sucks. ^_^

#6 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 10:08 PM

maybe it was in this wave, but there were so many left-over mandor gundams falling off the racks, and i didn't even bother to search through.

man, mandor gundam really sucks. ^_^

heh, heh. I agree with that. I'd say that 70% of the Gundams at Target last night were the mandor gundams. Nobody wants that lousy figure.

#7 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 10:12 PM

literally, if i saw someone buying that toy, i'd stop them and ask them why. ^_^

#8 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 10:23 PM

literally, if i saw someone buying that toy, i'd stop them and ask them why. ^_^

:) I think I'd have the same reaction! The Skull Gundam is just so goofy that you actually start to like it. The Jester Gundam is just such a wild and bizarre design for a Gundam that you'd get it because it is so eye catching. On the other hand, you have the mandor gundam. It isn't so goofy that it is cool. It isn't a wild design that is visually appealing. No. It is just pinheaded. As a matter of fact, they probably should have named it pinheado Gundam.

#9 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 10:39 PM

hah. exactly.

i think it's best to judge g-gundam mobile suits in two classes: standard bodytype, and deformed bodytype.

honestly, while some of the standard bodytype mobile suits may be a little goofy, mosf of the deformed class totally out-goof them.

skull gundam just happens to be one of the deformed class that has endearing qualities. it's almost surreal.

mandor gundam, grand gundam, matador gundam, and the walter gundam are just rediculous, in my opinion.

#10 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 07:18 AM

I agree. I like the standard mobile suits from G Gundam. Then you have the second group, the deformed mobiel suits or, as I call them, the surreal mobile suits. The surreal gundmas are more like fantasy machines that can't be compared on the same scale as a standard mobile suit. Many of the surreal mobile suits are either so wild looking in design that I like them. Like the Jester Gundam. Or they are goofy and have some endearing quality to them. they make you chuckle and you like them for that. For example, I'll probably add the Mermaid Gundam to my collection because, like the Skull Gundam, it is so goofy but its design has endearing qualities to it and it would make a wacky addition to my gundam collection.

Now, I agree with you about the gundams you list. We already beat the Mandor Gundam to death. The Grand Gundam is just hideous. What is that supposed to be? The Matador Gundam is a perfect example of a goofy gundam that just has no endearing qualities. It just looks too dumb. And the Walter Gundam, uggh, don't get me started. I just hate that design. It is flat our ludicrous. It is ugly and totally ridiculous. I agree that these are probably the four worst mobile suits from G Gundam.

#11 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 11:34 AM

i'm looking forward to the deluxe devil gundam. :)

#12 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 02:11 PM

:) Wow! When is that bad boy being released? I'm sure it won't be cheap. It looks great.

#13 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 02:16 PM

MSiA Devil Gundam (Dark Gundam) [Origial Form]is also available as U.S. deluxe playset released on November 12, 2002 at US$19.99

i haven't actually seen this anywhere yet. maybe i'll have to keep an eye out on ebay.

#14 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 02:46 PM

$20 is a pretty good price for a figure of that size and detail. Can't complain about that. I haven't seen any on e-bay yet, but I'll be keeping my eyes open for it as well as in Target or Wal-Mart.

#15 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 07:29 PM

I was checking out some of the other G Gundam mobile suits and I'd definately get the Shuffle Alliance for my collection. I think that as a set they make a very unusual addition to a collection. I would also get the Minaret Gundam and the Gundam Magnat.

I saw the Ashura Gundam in the store. I almost got it but I'm a little iffy on that figure. There are a couple of other figures I'm undecided on like Lumbar Gundam, Zues Gundam and Cobra Gundam.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com