ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

Here you can find information regarding the Laser Beasts custom shields collaborative project between Coelacanth and bachamn. All illustrations are the original artwork of Coelacanth (Edward Kersh). More information will be added very soon, but for now here are the essentials!

Pricing
Exclusive introductory pricing for LRG members: $4.25 per shield, or $45 for a full set of 12 (eBay price is $55/set). Please add $5 to each order to cover shipping & Paypal fees, or $3 if you send you payment as a gift and avoid fees. Payments accepted via Paypal standard payment only. Orders outside of the continental U.S. please inquire to calculate exact shipping fees.Thanks!

How to Order
To order, just send a pm to me (bachamn) and let me know what you would like! I'll get back to you with a total (including a shipping estimate for international members)

shield-group2-small.jpg

Edited by bachamn, 26 November 2013 - 05:49 AM.

#2 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

Can I order 2 sets please, If so put me down for $80. Thanks.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

Gorgeous!

#4 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

Ground Wolf and Tiger Burn please.

Thanks

#5 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

I'll take a full set of 12

Do not be afraid. If they try to harm you, I will stand in front of them.

#6 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

Ill take a full set of 12 as well

#7 BlacktownWalrus

BlacktownWalrus

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

I'll take a set of 12, they look great very good job

#8 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:38 AM

Wow, what a response! Within about 24 hours of posting this thread we've sold out of our initial stock of shields. 

I'll be contacting our factory tomorrow to look into ordering more product; I'll keep everyone updated in here. As it stands though, if you're on the 'Current Orders' list I have enough to cover your order on-hand..

Thanks everyone! 

#9 alexveriotti

alexveriotti

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

put me down for a set of 12 please

#10 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

So are these shields hard or soft or like the original shields, do they bend? Also can you attach laser guns to the shields as well as to the sleds?

I think the artwork of the animals on the shields matches up very well with the original artwork. My only criticism is the Rhino's art is based more on his gun, and does not look like an animal rhino but more like a mecha rhino while the rest of the animals on their shields appear as regular animals.

Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

#11 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

I am always for custom figures and weapons. You guys did an out standing job. I do have a couple things to point out though. Blue Eagles pick looks like a pigeon instead of an eagle, grey wolfs pic looks like a cat and as fantom pointed out Sailons looks like the gun. Just my opinion. You guys are doing a great thing for the community. Keep it up.ðŸ‘￾

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#12 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

I think that's a fair critique. 

And that's one thing I was acutely aware of starting this - not everyone would like every shield. There's just no way around it. And to each his own (personally, Blue Eagle & Groundwolf are two of my favorites :lol: ).

On a few, inspiration was hard to come by. Sailon was one of those, so I looked to his weapon. (Tiger Burn's image is also based on his weapon.) But in hindsight, you might be right that it is odd to only portray one beast in a way that isn't naturalistic (beyond the simplification seen in each).

#13 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

And here's direct image of Blue Eagle's shield to maybe sway your opinion. ;)

#14 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

So are these shields hard or soft or like the original shields, do they bend? Also can you attach laser guns to the shields as well as to the sleds?

They're made of hard plastic,not the stuff used on the vintage shields. So no, they do not bend but yes, the little notch at the top of the shield fits the laser quite nicely. This was actually one of my search criteria when we were in the planning stages. While I don't own an original sled to test with and so can't say for sure, on the repro sled I have it seems like the notch was a tiny bit too narrow for the shield's thickness. However it's possible that the original sleds are made of plastic with a little more give, and if not slightly narrowing the thickness on bottom of the shield would make it fit. I'll mess with that later this evening and try to get some pics taken if I can make it work with my sled, but for now here are some early prototype-stage photos that show a few angles of the shield/laser combo:

Attached File  IMG_20130214_131615.JPG   141.9K   27 downloads Attached File  IMG_20130214_131724.JPG   163.44K   30 downloads Attached File  IMG_20130214_131541.JPG   107.72K   22 downloads

#15 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

And here's direct image of Blue Eagle's shield to maybe sway your opinion. ;)

I think they look pretty effing amazing. I personally like all the graphics as is, but I'm not a bb/lb collector. I thought perhaps if the beak were wider, it may look more Eagle-like, but it appears to be nearly a dead ringer.

Attached File  image.jpg   41.7K   0 downloads
Posted Image

#16 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

How does the LB's with no second hand hold the shields? Like the mole LB who has a drill for his left hand?

Edited by FANtomCore, 01 July 2013 - 10:06 AM.

Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

#17 WarOnTheShore

WarOnTheShore

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

I particularly wanted these because I know I'll never be able to justify spending the money on real shields (or, quite frankly, repro shields). Good job on these. Looking forward to their arrival.

#18 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

How does the LB's with no second hand hold the shields? Like the mole LB who has a drill for his left hand?

They have a clip on the back much like the real LB shields.

#19 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

Very excited to get these. I only have the 2 LB, but I have this gut feeling I'm going to regret not getting the whole set in advance of the beasts. I fall into the "never could have bought originals" category. Not for lack of funds, I just enjoy not being shot by my wife and all.

#20 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

I just wanted to post an update to confirm that I've ordered more shields from our supplier so we can begin taking more pre-orders. However, they raised their prices on the shields so we're having to adjust our prices accordingly (but only slightly). For everyone who has already placed a pre-order at this time we will be honoring the introductory price of $4 per shield or $40 per set, but all orders going forward will be $4.25 per shield or $45 per set. S&H is still only $3 per order.

That's all for now; thanks again everyone for all the feedback and orders! :thumbsup:

Edited by bachamn, 02 July 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#21 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

You guys need to create a Classified ad for these.

#22 roboticplanet

roboticplanet

Action Figure Arms Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

Definitely in for a set! PM coming your way.

#23 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

Hey everyone! Just dropping a note to confirm that the first wave of shield sets were placed in the post today. If you see your name in strike-through on the list (above), you'll be receiving a PM from my shortly with your tracking information. :thumbsup:

For the rest of our orders, I'm still waiting for more shields to arrive in the mail but I'll be sure to keep you posted with updates.

Update

Here are a few different angles of Sea Panic modeling the shields so you can see both the standard handle/peg and the arm clip we've used for the guys without a left hand.  Shown here are Fly Sailor and Anarchy shields.

shields-handles-front.jpg

shields-handles-back.jpg

shields-handles-top.jpg

Edited by bachamn, 11 July 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#24 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

Any updates on the next batch?

#25 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

The tracking # shows that my shipment of shields from Taiwan should be arriving today, so my plan is to get the remaining pre-orders completed by this weekend (if I have enough stickers on-hand) but for sure I'll be able to get yours done as I know I have at least one full set ready to be applied :thumbsup: 

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com