#26 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

tumblr_nbt25q6zQ21qlxixqo1_1280.jpg

Titanic Triceratops is up for test ordering.

Click here to see him on Shapeways.

Like Rampager Rex, Titanic Triceratops is being offered at no markup until test prints can be made. 

Edited by TrentTroop, 12 September 2014 - 12:44 PM.

#27 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

Awesome!!!

#28 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

A preview of Titantic Triceratops, my next Dinosaur Creation. I'm planning on making a Protoceratops, Styrachosaurus and Monoclonius from this basic design, though they'll be more than head-swaps (different armor details, some with weapon-hands, size variation, etc.)

tumblr_nbrl6a8ejH1qlxixqo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbrl6a8ejH1qlxixqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbrl6a8ejH1qlxixqo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbrl6a8ejH1qlxixqo3_1280.jpg

Thoughts?

4 Cestopsians.Freaking Awesome Man! I am Totally interested in these!Cant wait to see the other Sculpts!

#29 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:03 AM

Can't wait until it all gets rollin..... Very interested in grabbing some of the final product...

#30 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:12 AM

tumblr_nbusjsjnui1qlxixqo3_1280.jpg

Atomic Allosaurus, still in development. I haven't settled on colors. More here. 

#31 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

tumblr_nbusjsjnui1qlxixqo3_1280.jpg

Atomic Allosaurus, still in development. I haven't settled on colors. More here.

I'm surprised no one has said anything but the weapon arm is on the wrong side.All Beast-former weapons arms are on their left.Not a big deal but if your going for the battle beast look, its on the their left.

Edited by 108KickBack, 15 September 2014 - 12:49 PM.

#32 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

I'm surprised no one has said anything but the weapon arm is on the wrong side.All Beast-former weapons arms are on their left.Not a big deal but if your going for the battle beast look, its on the their left.

So are you switching it?

#33 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:56 PM

Maybe all these should have theirs on the other side...to set them apart from og bb's

#34 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:47 AM

I'm doing a few things the original BB line didn't. I'm probably going to vary the side weapon hands are on and once a design gets tested it will likely get a complete alternate deco as well. There's also the matter of the full-length tails (largely because stegosaurs and ankylosaurs are planned and I wanted to be consistent)

tumblr_nbzizmuu8p1qlxixqo2_1280.jpg

Stalwart Styracosaurus, another one in the pipe for once I'm 100% sure on the joint tolerances for the full color prints.

#35 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

These are just awesome.

Have you thought about having one of these printed to make a mold for casting in rubber?

#36 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:58 PM

This has potential to get my 5 year old girl who is obsessed w/ dinosaurs, into battle beasts. Please make this happen.

#37 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:26 PM

tumblr_nc7xilA5fF1qlxixqo2_500.jpg
tumblr_nc7xilA5fF1qlxixqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nc6u7485um1rb6diio2_500.jpgtumblr_nc6u7485um1rb6diio4_500.jpg

RAMPAGER REX & TERRIFYING TYRANNOSAURUS ARE COMPLETE!

The tyrannosaurus rex is the first complete Combat Creature design, Nick Tyranno tested the design in Shapeways’ Full Color Sandstone material (click here for pictures) and Strong & Flexible plastic versions are successfully out of the printer. The upper arms have been reinforced based on Nick’s feedback and the figures are ready for general purchase.

I have applied a markup, I only make about $5 per figure once they are tested.

Edited by TrentTroop, 20 September 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#38 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:13 PM

I'm loving these!I can't wait until I get mine.

#39 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:22 AM

It says that the full coloured sandstone has a "delicate feel." Does this mean that they are delicate? Sorry, I'm not really up to speed on this 3D printing stuff!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#40 stoffhimel

stoffhimel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:54 AM

Sandstone is weaker than plastic. Its usally used for decorative pieces That no one touches for years on end.

#41 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:48 AM

yeah, would be good for mold-making though I think. my only question is about the surface texture of the sandstore prints. are they rough like I would expect them to be, or smoothed out / finished somehow?

#42 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:02 AM

yeah, would be good for mold-making though I think. my only question is about the surface texture of the sandstore prints. are they rough like I would expect them to be, or smoothed out / finished somehow?

Sandstone has a slightly rough, grainy feel and is meant more for display pieces. Shapeways has a full-color plastic material but it is currently in testing, pending release to a larger audience. It's more expensive but would be more toy-like. If you were looking for something to use for casting, the frosted detail or frosted ultra detail would be the way to go.

The print of Rampager Rex above is in the sandstone material, so you can see the texturing there.

#43 sanjeev

sanjeev

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:18 AM

Wait--so all the photos above are of the full-color "sandstone" material? Not the new full-color polyamide?

Just wanted to be clear about this. "Sandstone" (or whatever it's REALLY called...I hate Shapeshit's moronic marketing terminology) is ass when it comes to toys. Hyper-rigid and hyper-brittle. Polyamide, on the other hand, is essentially solid nylon...and is probably the most indestructible of all 3D printed materials (short of metal, of course!). Plus, polyamide is slightly flexible and reasonably priced (compared to STL photopolymers like 3D Systems stuff--what Shapeshit calls "Frosted Ultra Detail"). Pretty much perfect for toys...except that it has a slightly rough/grainy texture, much like "sandstone".

--
Sanjeev

instagram

blog

#44 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

Wait--so all the photos above are of the full-color "sandstone" material? Not the new full-color polyamide?

Just wanted to be clear about this. "Sandstone" (or whatever it's REALLY called...I hate Shapeshit's moronic marketing terminology) is ass when it comes to toys. Hyper-rigid and hyper-brittle. Polyamide, on the other hand, is essentially solid nylon...and is probably the most indestructible of all 3D printed materials (short of metal, of course!). Plus, polyamide is slightly flexible and reasonably priced (compared to STL photopolymers like 3D Systems stuff--what Shapeshit calls "Frosted Ultra Detail"). Pretty much perfect for toys...except that it has a slightly rough/grainy texture, much like "sandstone".

Yeah, a poster over at the Allspark forums got his sandstone print early and those are pics of his. I used his feedback to reinforce the upper arms for strength in that material, since a lot of people are going to want to take the cheapest option for a display piece. I have a full color polyamide copy on its way, but it's part of a big print order with some other stuff and it isn't done yet.

Unrelated, check a sneak peek at my next fig:

tumblr_nciz4ejw6S1qlxixqo1_500.jpg

#45 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:02 PM

Marty McFLY!

#46 sanjeev

sanjeev

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:45 PM

Right on...thanks for clarifying! Can't wait for the polyamide. How ever it looks, I'm sure the cost bump will be more than worth it for the increase in durability. 

--
Sanjeev

instagram

blog

#47 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:54 PM

tumblr_ncjs61zGHa1qlxixqo1_500.jpg
tumblr_ncjs61zGHa1qlxixqo3_500.jpg
tumblr_ncjs61zGHa1qlxixqo2_500.jpg
tumblr_ncjs61zGHa1qlxixqo4_500.jpg
tumblr_ncjs61zGHa1qlxixqo5_500.jpg

Muty McFly Parody Figure (Beta)
The 80s are back in all their technicolor horror with Muty McFly, a horrifying time-displaced combination of man and insect. Who could have predicted that plutonium, time travel and an untrained teenage test subject could go horribly wrong?

Muty comes with two points of articulation and is in full color for Full Color Sandstone and (eventually) Full color plastic. He is roughly the size and style of a 1980s Battle Beast figurine. 
Muty is the latest Combat Creature pending testing in full color sandstone before cost markup is applied to his model. He is the same size as a Battle Beast, with a 3mm grip and two points of articulation at the shoulders, which are 5mm pegs.

#48 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:01 AM

I wonder how well Muty McFly would look atop on of those finger skateboards sold in Hotwheels aisles?

#49 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:44 PM

Got these today.The only thing im disapointed about them is my four full color sandstone arms are two thick and don't fit!I Broke the triceratops arm trying to fit it there  :verymad: .Also Very Fragile especially the full color stone so beware on that.

Attached File  DSCF2247.JPG   63.86K   28 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2246.JPG   63.76K   35 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2245.JPG   49.44K   17 downloads

#50 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:58 PM

Kickback,

Sorry about the arms, I'm just starting to use that material, so the fits aren't 100% correct just yet (thus the beta pricing). I'd suggest sanding the arm pegs on the sandstones that you have, and superglue apparently works really well on that material, so the Triceratops may be salvagable if you join the bits back. 

What's odd is that two people who have gotten the sandstone ones have commented on the T-Rex's arms, but the other said they were loose. I'm wondering if there's some variability, print-by-print in that material.

So they fit correctly on the Plastic ones?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com