#1 retroworldkorea

retroworldkorea

Retro World Korea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Interests:vintage trash

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:10 PM

So with the amount of keshi I've been picking up, I've been finding it a bit overwhelming to sell on ebay and Instagram. I was thinking of opening an online shop so it's a little more manageable for me. There are the four sites I was thinking about:

storenvy

bigcartel

etsy

shopify

Which do you think is best for something like this? I feel like storenvy and bigcartel are more meant for artists creating original content, which I would not be doing. 

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance! 

#2 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:34 PM

shopify for that.

company I work for deals with customers that have shopify sites. Never had an issue with any of them.

Edited by Sixthwizard, 17 November 2015 - 08:35 PM.

#3 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:39 PM

I like Storenvy, it's free with no monthly fee and really easy to use, but lately they have been having problems with Paypal which is a pain. Hopefully the problem is fixed by now.

I know some stores like BigCartel and etsy have fees, either per item or monthly. I know some people love these site but I never gave them a chance myself since they charged.

And I don't know anything about shopify.

#4 retroworldkorea

retroworldkorea

Retro World Korea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:51 PM

I like Storenvy, it's free with no monthly fee and really easy to use, but lately they have been having problems with Paypal which is a pain. Hopefully the problem is fixed by now.

I know some stores like BigCartel and etsy have fees, either per item or monthly. I know some people love these site but I never gave them a chance myself since they charged.

And I don't know anything about shopify.

Yea, storenvy sounds like the best one financially. Seems like it's pretty easy to use too. May try setting one up by the end of the month. 

Do they give you tax forms at the end of the year like ebay does?

#5 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:50 PM

It may be outdated nowadays but years ago blujay.com was the shiz for vintage toys...

#6 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:33 AM

Storenvy is not free for the amount of items Retro would be listing on there through, right.....

It's only free for a 5 list amount kind of information I thought. Bigcartel and etsy are the same as storenvy basically. It's only free for the first 5 listings, then you need to upgrade to a premium account.....

Am I wrong?

#7 KingJefferson

KingJefferson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:12 AM

i would just post them here people will buy them

cool-monkey-drummer.gif

#8 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:06 AM

i would just post them here people will buy them

Couldnt agree more...i would buy a ton! I think you would sell more here than through any of those places

#9 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

Storenvy is not free for the amount of items Retro would be listing on there through, right.....
It's only free for a 5 list amount kind of information I thought. Bigcartel and etsy are the same as storenvy basically. It's only free for the first 5 listings, then you need to upgrade to a premium account.....
Am I wrong?

Nope, storenvy is free for any sale from your custom store front. If you agree to allow your items to show up in the marketplace (so random people can search for your items) then every sale has a 10% fee, but you can turn that off. There is no premium account with storenvy.

Attached File  2015-11-18-13-50-05.png   604K   4 downloads

Edited by Ericnilla, 18 November 2015 - 01:58 PM.

#10 retroworldkorea

retroworldkorea

Retro World Korea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:11 PM

I would list em here too, but having a storefront would streamline the process A LOT. Wouldn't have to nag people about paying as much too. 

Also makes me feel more professional and legitimate, as I do consider this a job of sorts. For example, I would have a Kinkeshi section, seperated into parts. And then within the parts I could list the sculpts individually and people could select the colors and what not. 

And with a proper shop, I can do cool stuff like offer promo codes to LRG users :-)

Still on the fence on whether or not I will do this though. Just a thought. I appreciate all of the comments and advice :-)

#11 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:35 PM

run with your ideas, retro. Do it man....!

#12 retroworldkorea

retroworldkorea

Retro World Korea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:57 PM

So I just tried to register but storenvy won't let me link my paypal. Probably because it's an American paypal account and my IP is Korean. 

I also think I would have to upgrade my paypal to a business account?

Anyone have any experience like this?

#13 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:32 PM

Yes you have to upgrade to a business account, it doesn't really change anything, just lets you put a business name. So when I send money its from Ericnilla Customs, not Eric Nilla. Let's you use more options with your paypal as well, to keep track of your money. I don't use that stuff though. Haha

#14 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:48 PM

is store by going to switch to stripe?

#15 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:18 AM

Storenvy was exclusively Stripe for Marketplace sales, but now offer both. They have always let you use Paypal for sales from your direct storefront.

No fees, unless you want the extras. I pay $5 per month for the extra customizable sales codes, but really I just do it to give them some money back for giving me a free storefront.

There is also a 3rd party plug-in if you want to bulk import items from a spreadsheet.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com