Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Medical droid ruins birthday

Best Answer fkro6784 , 22 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

I think this is what you're talking about. I remembered it from Instagram as well and was able to search hashtags and find it. :)

Strangely enough, I loved the Medical Droid figure as a kid, haha.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., M.U.S.C.L.E.Super Rares, giant lots of M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture, just a description. Recntly (within the last couple of months) I've seen a hilarious Star Wars bootleg on instagram of a medical droid in packaging image is a kid freaking out about getting a medical droid for his bday. It even says something like "A f*cking medical droid? you ruined my birthday!" or something like that. Anyway, anyone have any idea what I'm talking about or who made it? I scoured the entirety of my art toy instagram people and couldn't find it anywhere.

Like coffee? I roast for a living! Check it out at caffepacori.com
Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#2 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:25 PM

A medical droid... do you think you can get me a vid? I got a facebook group that I go to for toy ids and they could possibly help.

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#3 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:32 PM   Best Answer

I think this is what you're talking about. I remembered it from Instagram as well and was able to search hashtags and find it. :)

Attached File  medicaldroid.png   718.37K   100 downloads

Strangely enough, I loved the Medical Droid figure as a kid, haha.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#4 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:14 PM

YES! Awesome, thank you! I have a friend that loves carded SW toys, and his bday is coming up!Hoping to track this down somewhere :)

Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#5 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:27 PM

This shelf-warming piece of garbage plagued my childhood. I didn't actually hate the figure, I just hated getting it for every occasion because my family couldn't find anything else.

Goddamn droid.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#6 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:34 AM

I just hated getting it for every occasion because my family couldn't find anything else.

Goddamn droid.

so now I'm just going to imagine that that kid in the picture is you ;)

#7 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:13 AM

Hahahaha at least you didn't grow up with episode one haunting you :p I got plagued with Jar Jars and random gungan toys because my family didnt really pay attention to what I wanted. I could have army builded jar jar.............. terrible thought lol

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#8 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

Meesa love jar jar, bro.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#9 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:42 PM

96e.jpg

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#10 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:16 PM

I think I would have dug the Med Droid when I was a kid, though I personally don't remember seeing it. I loved all of the random SW toys I got hen I was a kid,m simply because they were all so different. Looking back, I don't think I really had ANY of the main characters....That's never even crossed my mind till now...WTF...

I can totally see how receiving multiples of the med droid would grate on my nerves. And yeah, Ep one was just SUCH a disappointment, in every conceivable way.

Edited by be9ine, 18 June 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#11 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

I think I would have dug the Med Droid when I was a kid, though I personally don't remember seeing it. I loved all of the random SW toys I got hen I was a kid,m simply because they were all so different. Looking back, I don't think I really had ANY of the main characters....That's never even crossed my mind till now...WTF...

I can totally see how receiving multiples of the med droid would grate on my nerves. And yeah, Ep one was just SUCH a disappointment, in every conceivable way.

I always found the main characters to be the most boring. I was all about the weirdo Cantina and Jabba's Palace aliens.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#12 jughead

jughead

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:17 PM

I always found the main characters to be the most boring. I was all about the weirdo Cantina and Jabba's Palace aliens.

Yeah, the original trilogy Star Wars toys were pretty incredible for the reason that they made so many of the characters, and lots of second and third tier characters, some of which only had a few seconds of screen time. Obviously it stemmed from the fact that the movies were such massive hits, but still cool nonetheless.

#13 OldGamer84

OldGamer84

Do what now?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:LRGs!!

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

Holy crap you guys are bringing back memories for me.  I used to collect the star wars micro machines playsets and a lot of the sets had awesome figures, especially the 2 of Jabba's palace.

Don't tell my wife I bought more toys...

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com