Squinkies

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#76 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:46 AM

You know.... I thought about snaggin some loose extras. Even if they are doubles. I was contemplating trying to remove all the paint off of some to see if I could get that Mono-Mini feel from em.

So I think I'd be interested in as many doubles as you got IM.

Posted Image

#77 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

You know.... I thought about snaggin some loose extras. Even if they are doubles. I was contemplating trying to remove all the paint off of some to see if I could get that Mono-Mini feel from em.

Cool. I can't find your addy, so just pm it to me, and I'll get those out to you.

#78 Grimace

Grimace

LittleRubberGal Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

I dunno if this is news or not, but I was looking at the Squinkies website (the "boys" section), and it appears DC Superhero Squinkies are in the works. Shown on the "bubble bank" are: Lex Luthor, Superman, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, Supergirl, Green Arrow, Deadman, Two-Face, The Spectre, Martian Manhunter, Darkseid, Zatanna, Nightwing, Catwoman, Robin, Penguin, a red dude I don't recognize, Shazam, Batman, Green Lantern, another guy I don't immediately recognize that reminds me of Killer Croc, Sinestro, and Kamandi.

I really hope they don't snub Wonder Woman and end up including her in one of the sets. Cheetah would be cool, too. And I'm surprised at the lack of Joker.

#79 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:48 AM

Man, those DC figs look good. The red guy is a Red Lantern, but I couldn't tell you who. The green guy is Swamp Thing. I guess I'll have to snag those if I find them. Squinkies are getting better I think.

They also have these super cool 36 packs coming out as an homage to the old school plastic army toys. Soldiers, Robots, and Aliens. :)

Posted Image

#80 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

I haven't been able to find any pics of the DC squinks, yet.

Scratch that, just saw them... And while the Batman family characters are interesting, along with Atrocitus and Sinetstro, the rest of those are "meh" in my book. I'll probably get them, URS, you can have all of my extras.

Edited by ironmask, 11 May 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#81 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Don't know how it would react with the rubber.... but denatured alcohol is awesome for removing paint....

#82 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

Sweet! Extras are dandy. :) I gotta find something that takes the paint off easier. The things I've tried either didn't do jack nuts, worked but was exausting, or loves the taste of squinkie flesh.

Posted Image

#83 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:37 AM

Worst come to worst, we could cast a mold of a handful of them, and reproduce them. To be honest, I prefer the firmer rubber of the SW Fighter Pods, anyways.

#84 Grimace

Grimace

LittleRubberGal Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

There are more DC squinkies on the site, including Wonder Woman, Cheetah, Riddler, Two-Face, Batgirl, and Black Manta. There's also a Batmobile squinkie, which is cute.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#85 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

I see I am way late to the party on this but I just found out about the Myths and Monsters pack recently when I noticed it at Target. I've never bought any Squinkies before but I have a hard time passing up anything related to mythology monsters, and it was on sale, so I picked up a set. My favorites are the ones I could actually recognize as being from Greek mythology--Minotaur, Cerberus and Cyclops. As someone said earlier in the thread I wish they would have included a Medusa figure as well. Hopefully they'll continue the Myths and Monsters packs.

Posted Image

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#86 Pseudomancer

Pseudomancer

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:The Trash Pack, Kinder eggs, Hello Kitty. Looking to start collecting Monster in My Pocket, and maybe flesh M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

I too scored the Myths and Monsters pack on sale, at Wal-Mart. First off, 14 figures for five bucks? Hell yes.

But are the sculpts any good? Absolutely. fkro's pic shows one of the best, Cerebus. There's an amazing, bright purple Cthuloid creature, a fluorescent orange beetle, and a sky blue rock monster. Keep in mind: they're shorter than a quarter, and they're overflowing with detail.

Posted Image
Hadda to put up this pic. Thanks fkro!

The human sculpts are workmanlike, but nine of the fourteen are interesting and unique monsters. None of the other boy lines do much for me, but this one is totally awesome!

Edited by Pseudomancer, 15 March 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#87 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

Sweet! Extras are dandy. :) I gotta find something that takes the paint off easier. The things I've tried either didn't do jack nuts, worked but was exausting, or loves the taste of squinkie flesh.

Guessing here... but denatured alcohol eats the flesh huh? I'm sure acetone would melt 'em.

#88 KingJefferson

KingJefferson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

holy crap urs is back about damn time

cool-monkey-drummer.gif

#89 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

holy crap urs is back about damn time

That post was from May of last year.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#90 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

I see I am way late to the party on this but I just found out about the Myths and Monsters pack recently when I noticed it at Target. I've never bought any Squinkies before but I have a hard time passing up anything related to mythology monsters, and it was on sale, so I picked up a set. My favorites are the ones I could actually recognize as being from Greek mythology--Minotaur, Cerberus and Cyclops. As someone said earlier in the thread I wish they would have included a Medusa figure as well. Hopefully they'll continue the Myths and Monsters packs.

Posted Image

Dang, you guys have convinced me to pick up this pack. I hope there are some left when I check out Wal-mart and Target tomorrow.

How many did your stores have?

#91 Pseudomancer

Pseudomancer

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:The Trash Pack, Kinder eggs, Hello Kitty. Looking to start collecting Monster in My Pocket, and maybe flesh M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

One or two at my Wal-Mart, in Ottawa. They're honestly the only series so far worth picking up, superheroes aside, so they're probably trickier to find.

#92 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

Dang, you guys have convinced me to pick up this pack. I hope there are some left when I check out Wal-mart and Target tomorrow.

How many did your stores have?

I haven't checked any Wal Marts for them, but I still see 1-3 packs whenever I go into nearby Targets. A couple weeks ago I also saw some at a Walgreens.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com