133 replies to this topic

#101 Meadowknight

Meadowknight

Angela (AKA AMP, Meadowknight)

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

yeah, it's nothing new, and it's weird how people on OT forum are not really questioning it.

like there could be an option that says 'pay 1500$ to have your figure tooled up and get 300 flesh versions of it' but here it would be made too easy for everybody and i can see the stop sign that says 'sorry, George Gaspar sculpts only' :crazy:

Yeah I've gotten a bit of a bad taste in my mouth with some things...I still collect the figures but I sorta stopped myself before going too far with getting different colored OMFG (I still have a San Diego Comic Con set I want to sell or trade off)...I DID collect all the beets so far but I may sell them too, I really like them but I don't like the smell, lol. It stinks like a Skunk smoking pot survived a nuclear explosion :p. I have 20 beets I'm looking to sell now though, I'm not normally a colorway collector.

As far as I know there are other artists sculpting OMFG...or did that change now? Or does George always cast them in wax and then make alterations? THAT would drive me nuts and is actually one of my main apprehensions of doing a submission. I'm territorial about my work unless it's in a studio or something...for an indie toy thing I'd not want my art messed with, it's such a nice breath of fresh air with indie...having full artistic freedom. Having someone else refine my work for something like this would ruin the magic for me.

Originally my Big Rad Wolf minifigure was going to be a OMFG submission! I got impatient though wondering when series 5 would come along, and decided I could probably make my own series.... so I've gone completely indie on my sculpts, and I'm glad I have! This is much more fun. I'll most likely do a Kickstarter (I have 17 more sculpt ideas written out to keep figures coming for a while :) ). This would be more simple than OMFG too since I'm creating and sculpting all my own stuff...I'm not using other people's designs or anything. If I get any artistic help I may see if my concept artist friend can do a promo-poster in his own style which would be AWESOME :)...I'd ask him how much and include the price to pay him in the kickstarter, and have it be Kickstarter ONLY so I wasn't making money off his stuff.

As far as I know people who have made OMFG characters get a free pack of each colorway along with 200 AP casts of their figure. Since people buy the APs, if they sold each for $5 that would be a grand right? (I suck at mathszzz)....so in a sense they ARE being compensated, but not as much as George since they get no residuals ...if I understand it all correctly. 

I will grab a set of Series 3, probably in flesh tone or whoever has em' in blue since I don't have any pale blue OMFG yet. Loving the metallic card with those gold figures though, nice rendition of the characters :)!

P.S. Why does everyone hate Pugnacious and pun named characters? :(.....I have a handful of pun related ideas, and Big Rad Wolf is a pun in a sense...I hope people don't hate my figures too! Personally I really like Pugnacious.

Edited by Meadowknight, 09 October 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#102 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

P.S. Why does everyone hate Pugnacious and pun named characters? :(.....I have a handful of pun related ideas, and Big Rad Wolf is a pun in a sense...I hope people don't hate my figures too! Personally I really like Pugnacious.

A lot of the hating on puns is usually just general criticism of the submissions as a whole. Fruit Punch and Bull's Eye are the only puns to get into an OMFG series. Deadbeet is popular even among the people that groan about the pun submissions.

I like Pugnacious. I still think I prefer the design over the changes that were made for the sculpt. I'm hoping I like the sculpt more once I have it in hand, which should be soon. I got a Kickstarter update email on Saturday that they were starting to ship S3 orders. Really looking forward to Dr. Decay and Zombie Pheyden.

#103 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

The Zombie Pheyden is easily the best figure of the bunch. And the rubber is much nicer this time around.

#104 ez8o5

ez8o5

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

I kinda bummed out about the flesh tone not matching once again.
Posted Image

#105 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

Yea, that kinda sucks.

Not much can be done about it though.

Many factors can make the color tones change and

some of them are uncontrollable.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#106 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

I think it's an improvement over the S2 color. It's closer to the original S1 color, but darker. It doesn't have that strong smell to it, so maybe they listened to complaints about the smell and requested the factory use a different base for this series.

If another run of S1 shows up in the store that matches S3, I might get a set.

I've said it before, but Dr. Decay is definitely my favorite of this series and is up there with Multiskull as my favorite OMFG figure so far.

#107 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:01 AM

On Wednesday, there will be a review of OMFG Series 3 on Nerditis.  Full, in-depth, with twenty pictures.  Here are some sneak previews:

omfg-redzombie.png
omfg-drdecay.png
omfg-barbariannaut.png
omfg-tencan.png
omfg-pugnacious.png
omfg-fruitpunch.png
omfg-fruitpunchline.png

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#108 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

Got my kickstarter sets in and im pretty happy with them. Dr.Decay is easily the best, followed by Fruit Punch I think.
Don't really see the big deal for Zombie Pheyden, he does little for me personally.

Nice pics Ridereyu! Look forward to the review.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#109 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

Got my kickstarter sets in and im pretty happy with them. Dr.Decay is easily the best, followed by Fruit Punch I think.
Don't really see the big deal for Zombie Pheyden, he does little for me personally.

Nice pics Ridereyu! Look forward to the review.

Agree with everything you said! Dr. Decay is my number one favorite followed by Fruit Punch. I thought I'd be more into the Zombie Pheyden than I actually am now that I have it.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#110 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:02 AM

Thirded to everything above. Dr Decay and Fruit Punch the clear stand-outs; Zombie Pheyden is okay, for sure not as cool as Baby Deadbeet though. Pugnacious still unfathomably bad.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#111 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

Good trade bait for Glyos collectors that don't collect OMFG, especially if the KS black color won't be available for sale as OTMFG.

I think I would like Ten Can more without the eyes.

#112 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

Zombie Pheyden is Zombie Mega Man!

#113 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

Great pics Rid!!! I love the Dragon guy taking a sip. :lol:

Here's my take on the line.

1. Zombie Pheyden
2. Dr. Decay
3. Fruit Punch (this would be my #1 except they changed the body to s juice box. I like the milk carton better)
4. Barbarianaut
5. Ten Can
6. Pug

It's funny because my son only likes the Pheyden and Pug. The pug is his favorite out of the bunch. He doesn't care for the other 4 at all.

#114 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

Pugnacious is the most like a MUSCLE of all of them.

#115 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

Pugnacious is the most like a MUSCLE of all of them.

Yep!

The smell wears off from all of them. Series 2 was horrible but it's not noticeable any longer.

And I'm still looking for a Bruiser Deadbeet so I'll take that off Meadowknight's hands if she's interested! :)

#116 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

I'd love to see Pug get the kitbash treatment and decapitate a few in favour for, i dunno a pineapple or watermelon head. Maybe a microwave?

Edit- those feet have to go too, they're way too big for my liking.

Edited by Metalmonkey, 21 October 2013 - 09:40 PM.

#117 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

I'd love to see Pug get the kitbash treatment and decapitate a few in favour for, i dunno a pineapple or watermelon head. Maybe a microwave?

That fig is definitely the dud of the group.

#118 SlimeStateAlumni

SlimeStateAlumni

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Mutants, ghouls, demons, kaiju, kaijin, etc.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

When will these be hitting other online retailers?

Qbh8gXG.jpg

#119 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

No time tables have been set.

It's really up to each of them to decide.

If the retailers don't have them yet they should have them really soon.

The great and honorable, Mr. Karis, has the LRG green already up for sale.

Edited by PimpNugget, 21 October 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#120 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

The feet would be my biggest gripe. I don't think they needed to be that long for the figure to stand. I wish the open hand was more paw-like too. Almost everything that changed from design to sculpt was a change I didn't like. The eyes would look better if they were done like Fruit Punch too. You can tell there is a little sculpted detail that bumps out on the Pug's eyes if you look really closely, but from a distance they just look like blank eyes, like Stroll.

Luke's Toy Store has Metallic Gold in series 1, 2, and 3 if you are just getting started http://lukestoystore.../other-figures/ The series 3 are still showing as pre-order, but they should be shipping within the next couple weeks. The only other series 3 I've seen are LRG green.

Edited by iwao, 22 October 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#121 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

I'm one of the Gylos people who don't really collect OMFG & I really like the zombie. I just have GITD series 1, didn't care much for 2. I like all of these characters, they compliment each other well. Hoping for a cool LRG version as well! Is the permanent plan for this line to go Kickstarter each run?

#122 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

Is the permanent plan for this line to go Kickstarter each run?

Yes, I believe so. I think it is a great way to gauge each Series popularity. If it can't hit the Kickstarter goal, then it isn't worth mass producing.

#123 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

Yes, I believe so. I think it is a great way to gauge each Series popularity. If it can't hit the Kickstarter goal, then it isn't worth mass producing.

I agree. Its also a great way to reach out to new potential backers that use kickstarter and stumble across it and decide to back it.

#124 ersico

ersico

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

20131026_112046-1_zps03655302.jpg

#125 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

20131026_112046-1_zps03655302.jpg

Super fantastic! As always!! I still need to ask the powers that be about using some of these new Series 3 (and ZP) in Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com