#1 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:07 AM

http://nerditis.com/...-zombie-family/

ZombieFamily.png

Today, we're looking at a... um... wait, who made these toys?  Unknown.  What are they called?  Also unknown.  the ones I bought were labeled "Zombie Family" and sold in a Halloween store, but they have laso ben found as Radioactive Zombies, Mutant Zombies, Zombie Nation, and just Zombies.  These are generic little Zombie army men that, despite their obvious genericness, are actually pretty good.  Each one is fairly tall, well over the two inch mark, and has some detail to the sculpt - they actually blend in well with SLUG Zombies, if you remember those.  you can't really track them down, but every so often they will pop up for $1 or so, bagged.  Shall we look at the set?  Yes, we shall!

ZombieFamily-Flasher.png

Here's the, um... well, I guess he's a flasher. Zombie Dad, maybe? But instead of opening up a trenchcoat, he's ripping the skin from his torso, and showing off his ribs. It's gruesomeness like this that pretty much makes the figures the kind of things you only see around Halloween.

ZombieFamily-Butcher.png

This one might be the mom, or just a butcher. It's certinly got a butcher's apron, as well as somebody's severed head.

ZombieFamily-Barrel.png

This guy pretty much has a direct SLUG parody - he's pretty clearly based on Tarman from The Return of the Living Dead, which is indeed a nice little touch.

ZombieFamily-Armless.png

This armless fellow has it rough, but at least he's still got the jaws to bite! Sometimes, zombies are naturally in a gruesomly damaged state, but they still make do somehow.

Zombiefamily-Gnawer.png

Meanwhile, this zombie is gnawing on what must be human flesh - nice gollum-esque pose, though that head is too elongated to be human.

ZombieFamily-Boy.png

Well, it's... a zombie family, all right. The boy is a pretty bold move - usually yourzombie children are teddy bear-wielding little girls (for shock value), but this? You'e got a variety of children now, not just the one. Yeah, this family's toast.

ZombieFamily-Girl.png

And here's the girl. No bear, but she's eating a piece of somebody, all right!

ZombieFamily-Dog.png

And finally, we have the family dog, Stumpy. Stumpy hasn't really changed much, but he had never used his brains in life, so it's all right.

Well... there you go. They're cheap and generic, but surprisingly detailed for what is basically a bag of dollar store figures. if you can find 'em, go for it!

ZombieFamily-ChildrenAtPlay.png

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Harigorasu

Harigorasu

Collecting Budder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Toys: robots or monsters, '70s to present.

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:50 PM

These are great!

Hope I find some in the wild one day!!

Slowly paying off 40 years of lost/broken/confiscated toy karma with my hard-earned cash by re-accumulating:

M.U.S.C.L.E./Battle Beasts/Fistful of Power/Keshi/Trash Bag Bunch/Z-Bots/SOMA Robots, Ninjas, Monsters & Wrestlers/vending toys/Slurfies/Uggly Wugglies /

Capsule Chogokin/G1 Transformers/Bot Shots/POPY Machine Robo/Bandai Scale Robo/Go Bots/Tomy Starriors & Zoids/Starcom Shadow Parasites/

Select Convertors/Rock Lords/Takara Kronoform/Orguss/'80s rayguns/Sega TYCO Pocket Power/Diener Spacemen & Dinosaurs

Knockoffs One-offs & Bootlegs or any combination of the above.

:M:

#3 irbaboon

irbaboon

Better than weasel.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Interests:80s/90s Plastic fantasy and sci fi figuers in toy soldier scale.
    ARCO, Agglo, DFC, Fleetwood, Gordy, HG Toys, Helm Toy, Hing Fat, Ja Ru, Kids Goods, Toys N' Things, Toyco, etc.

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:09 PM

Originally sold in Spirit Halloween stores under the name "Zombiepocalypse Action Set."  Made by Tekky Toys, Inc.

There is also a female pose I don't seen in these pics.  

I have a post with pics of the original set:

http://fantasytoysol...action-set.html

Edited by irbaboon, 10 February 2016 - 04:13 PM.

#4 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:12 PM

I even went to one of these Halloween stores this past Halloween looking only for this set.  Nuthin'.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com