Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Color variation with Hardee's MIMP Dinosaur Premiums

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:16 AM

I just got this new Hardee's Premium Dino in a lot of MIMP I bought awhile back, and I noticed it is a way different shade of pink than the standard ones I have seen. Has anyone else ever seen this? Is this super rare or super common? I have also noticed the point value circle on the tail is blank, but all the info stamped on the bottom of the feet is still intact, with the exception of the front left leg. I can provide more pics if needed. Thank you in advance for any info you can provide, as I am still relatively new in the MIMP collecting world. 

Attached Files

#2 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:31 AM

interesting, I've not seen this before. I remember reading that the Apatosaurus also came in blue (in addition to the standard yellow) but it's the same color as the blue steg, whereas this tric looks like it was cast in the Neon Purple color from the S1 Neons wave.

Maybe it's a bootleg? I have a Sonrics (Mexican Bootleg) Kraken that's cast in the  Neon Purple color and is identical to the officially released color. Lacks any sort of markings on it and has flashing which makes me believe it's a boot (and I got it from Mexico ;) )

I have a small collection of the Hardees dinos as well though so let me know if you decide to let that one go :)

Edited by bachamn, 18 June 2015 - 11:33 AM.

#3 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:48 AM

I just got this new Hardee's Premium Dino in a lot of MIMP I bought awhile back, and I noticed it is a way different shade of pink than the standard ones I have seen. Has anyone else ever seen this? Is this super rare or super common? I have also noticed the point value circle on the tail is blank, but all the info stamped on the bottom of the feet is still intact, with the exception of the front left leg. I can provide more pics if needed. Thank you in advance for any info you can provide, as I am still relatively new in the MIMP collecting world. 

Huh, never knew about these being even remotely sought after.  I have passed by hundreds through the years, thinking they were simple generic playset dinos.

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#4 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:21 PM

Huh, never knew about these being even remotely sought after.  I have passed by hundreds through the years, thinking they were simple generic playset dinos.

Yeah there are several lines in the MIMP family that are different. Bugs, dinosaurs, sports guys and wrestlers...here is a good resource for MIMP toys.

http://www.raumhafen...bber_guys/mimp/

#5 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:24 PM

I bought him in a lot from ebay, and the seller was not the type that really knew anything about the toys. It was actually a bonus that got tossed in with a couple other non-related rubbery dinosaurs; was not even in the pictures. This is the second time that I have gotten a rare or odd MIMP toy from an ebay lot that was an extra they threw in...weird. I have never seen any boots from these, so I really have no idea. 

#6 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:27 PM

Oh, I see.   I knew about the later painted versions, like that tall weirdo with the gas mask, and I learned about the little wrestlers by accident -- I found a couple at a yard sale, one still in his little baggie.

I could see myself collecting a bit of the MIMP line in the future.  I can't do those awful loud neons, though, ha.

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#7 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:47 PM

Oh, I see.   I knew about the later painted versions, like that tall weirdo with the gas mask, and I learned about the little wrestlers by accident -- I found a couple at a yard sale, one still in his little baggie.

I could see myself collecting a bit of the MIMP line in the future.  I can't do those awful loud neons, though, ha.

LOL...yeah I hear ya. I am selective in the MIMP I am collecting. There are several I am not even going to bother with. I mostly just want the first two series. The 15 figures heading your way with the rest of our trade are all from series one. No garish neon figures to blind you either!

#8 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:02 PM

I think there's quite a niche market for the Hardee's, whereas the mainstay for collectors are series 1 and 2. I'm surprised you don't like the neons as they're probably some of the best colours released of any line from back in the day. Each to their own though :thumbsup:

#9 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:11 PM

I think there's quite a niche market for the Hardee's, whereas the mainstay for collectors are series 1 and 2. I'm surprised you don't like the neons as they're probably some of the best colours released of any line from back in the day. Each to their own though :thumbsup:

I'm more about the sculpt than the color, dude.  Though I do prefer a more drab/natural range.  I mean, you must admit it does look a bit odd too have such supposedly vicious and legendary monsters cast in colors like hot pink.   ;)

I researched the little wrestling monsters I found, apparently they are from a fast food set.

#10 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:26 PM

Is the one on the right or left the variation in question? Although it's looks more purple in the pic, I was thinking the one on the right was the standard magenta color. I have never seen one as bright as the one on the left. 

I'm more about the sculpt than the color, dude.  Though I do prefer a more drab/natural range.  I mean, you must admit it does look a bit odd too have such supposedly vicious and legendary monsters cast in colors like hot pink.   ;)

If by "odd" you mean "awesome." :)

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#11 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:52 PM

The one on the left is indeed the one I am talking about...it is such a bright pink...doesn't look like any I have seen before online or in person.

#12 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:00 PM

If by "odd" you mean "awesome." :)

Nah, I meant odd as in hideous.   ;)

Unlike your avatar, which is awesome.  One of the best, I own a couple.  

#13 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:25 PM

The one on the left is indeed the one I am talking about...it is such a bright pink...doesn't look like any I have seen before online or in person.

Yeah, very interesting. Is it the same exact material as the rest?

Nah, I meant odd as in hideous.   ;)

Unlike your avatar, which is awesome.  One of the best, I own a couple.  

Doesn't get much better than Froggacuda!

#14 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:00 PM

It feels the same to me...it is identical in every way except for the color, the lack of a point number on the circle, and the info on the bottom of the left front leg...the rest of the product info is on the other three legs. Everything else is the same, every angle and aspect of the design. 

#15 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:15 AM

white balance is a hideous bee-eye-itch goddess

I seriously thought you were talking about the one on the right being the variant; to me that looks like the Neon Purple S1 color. The one on the left looks pink to me, like the one that I have (and the same color as Neon Pink from S2)

Also have to agree with Frank that the neons are some of the best of the MIMP colors, hard to beat that hot pink! Love the blue too but it's not exactly "neon" imo

Edited by bachamn, 19 June 2015 - 07:15 AM.

#16 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:23 AM

Sorry man, my picture was probably not the greatest to reflect this either. I'm afraid it is likely to be about as good as I can get though. Surely there is an answer about this out there somewhere!

#17 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:20 AM

Somewhere I saw a site that listed Pink and Purple Hardee's separately, so it might be a legit variant. 

Edited by Behemoth, 19 June 2015 - 09:20 AM.

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#18 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:53 AM

Somewhere I saw a site that listed Pink and Purple Hardee's separately, so it might be a legit variant. 

I don't suppose you have an idea as to where you read that? I have been trying to scour through MIMP collector sites and databases but I have not had much luck yet. Most of them don't even mention the Hardee's dinos at all. I would love to get an idea as to what I have here. 

#19 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:19 AM

I don't suppose you have an idea as to where you read that? I have been trying to scour through MIMP collector sites and databases but I have not had much luck yet. Most of them don't even mention the Hardee's dinos at all. I would love to get an idea as to what I have here. 

I honestly can't remember, that's why I had to be vague. By the way, can I use your picture on my MIMP site?

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#20 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:42 AM

The one I own is the more magenta/purplish one, so I just assumed they were all like that. The hot pink color is great. I wonder if one is less common than the other.

#21 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:17 PM

I honestly can't remember, that's why I had to be vague. By the way, can I use your picture on my MIMP site?

I understand...maybe it will pop up somewhere else! Feel free to use the picture as well. If you need more just let me know!

#22 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:57 AM

I dug up some of the threads referenced previously ITT; seems there were color variations of all of the sculpts, Aikola mentions that he knows the tric came in both purple and pink.

Color Variations: http://www.littlerub...showtopic=42241

"What's it worth?": http://www.littlerub...howtopic=209540

Edited by bachamn, 22 June 2015 - 10:59 AM.

#23 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:28 PM

Thank you all that chimed in with opinions, questions, theories, and answers. I really appreciate all the MIMP help. This community makes collecting even better! I have decided to pass my hot pink Triceratops on to a good home with more room for him to run around and other MIMP dino's to play with; namely, Behemoth's glorious collection. So he is no longer available by me for anyone who may ask in the future. Thanks again for everything!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com