• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:27 PM

we're all captivated by all things small and rubber. we wouldn't be here if we weren't. this thread if for posting pics of your own collected penny machine faves and finds. see something in the local grocery store that you think other's will enjoy, throw it in here.

i'm gonna kick things off with my own super robot wars collection. so far i've only got 12 little guys, parts 2 & 3. but i look forward to finding not only part 1 but any other parts in the series.

part 2,
Attached File  part_2_insert.jpg   234.61K   53 downloadsAttached File  part_2.JPG   337.37K   67 downloads
part 2 singles: the big-o, daltanius, godmars, voltes v, great mazinger, shin getter 1.
Attached File  the_big_o.JPG   61.36K   33 downloadsAttached File  daltanious.JPG   60.24K   22 downloads
Attached File  god_mars.JPG   47.3K   15 downloadsAttached File  voltes_v.JPG   60.41K   18 downloads
Attached File  great_mazinger.JPG   61.67K   18 downloadsAttached File  shin_getter_1.JPG   58.63K   16 downloads
part 3,
Attached File  part_3_insert.jpg   247.19K   14 downloadsAttached File  part_3.JPG   236.73K   11 downloads
part 3 singles: reideen, dancouga, getter-liger, grendizer, ailechevalier, evangelion.
Attached File  reideen.JPG   51.45K   8 downloadsAttached File  dancouga.JPG   49.92K   5 downloads
Attached File  getter_liger.JPG   52.2K   10 downloadsAttached File  grendizer.JPG   58.75K   8 downloads
Attached File  ailechevalier.JPG   51.99K   10 downloadsAttached File  evangelion.JPG   46.99K   7 downloads

my favorites are the big-o (stupid name), shin getter 1, getter-liger and evangelion. they're all pretty great though. minor articulation and you can usually pull their arms off and reattach them. perfect level of detail for super-deformed figures. tight paint apps and everyone's favorite plastic candy smell.

EDIT: i fixed a few of the pics so they aren't insanely huge.

Edited by dankingery, 10 January 2009 - 06:58 PM.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#2 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

I believe I have Part 1 & 2, I'll post a pic here in a few minutes. I'd be willing to trade part 1, if you'd want it.

Here's Part 1 (the blue guy in the front-left is missing a tiny thruster in the back) and man, I take the worst pictures on the board:

Edited by Goriki, 10 January 2009 - 04:56 PM.

#3 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:42 PM

no one else? really?

#4 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:46 PM

AWESOME.

No seriously, you guys have no idea what a huge mecha-nut I am.

I wants me some Getters and Mazingers especially. Mazinkaiser looks freaking sweet.

I'm guessing you folks picked these up on ebay?

#5 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:03 PM

yes. ehobbyjapan was the seller of the two parts i bought. there were some crystal figures on just the other day, but i couldn't justify the price even though there was a getter-liger.

#6 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:42 PM

yes. ehobbyjapan was the seller of the two parts i bought. there were some crystal figures on just the other day, but i couldn't justify the price even though there was a getter-liger.

Why'd you have to go and mention that auction? I just impulse bought it. I couldn't resist the Go Nagai lovefest: Shin Getter, Great Mazinger, Jeeg and even freaking Gloizer X!!!

Is EHobbyJapan a reliable seller? Do things get back relatively quickly in your dealings with him?

Edited by mimoman, 16 January 2009 - 09:48 PM.

#7 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:49 PM

hehe, sorry, but i think that's a different auction than the one i was thinking of. the other one i saw prolly ended on wednesday. had i bothered to do my own search i would have prolly bought that one myself. shin getter is the tops. on the brightside you can post your excellent goodness once it arrives. :ermm:

#8 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:27 AM

no one else? really?

So, no interest in the Part 1?

#9 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:19 AM

no one else? really?

If dankingery isn't interested, I'd be willing to buy or trade.

Also, just to sate my curiosity, would one of you mind taking a picture with a MUSCLE figure to illustrate the scale?

Edited by mimoman, 17 January 2009 - 07:20 AM.

#10 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:26 AM

no one else? really?

If dankingery isn't interested, I'd be willing to buy or trade.

Also, just to sate my curiosity, would one of you mind taking a picture with a MUSCLE figure to illustrate the scale?

Cool, PM sent, Dan must have me on ignore, haha. I'll get a pic up a little later, I have to take my kids to get haircuts.

#11 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:46 AM

sorry goriki, i'm gonna hold out to hopefully find a set that's complete and has at least one insert.

i just noticed that the crystal super robot wars figs are the yujin toys and not bandai. i like the bandai ones a little better.

i'll try and post a pic of shin-getter 1 next to a muscle for scale. but just as a reference, think of a midsized sd gundam keshi.

EDIT: here's the pic. i was going to do shin-getter, but i picked up getter-liger instead. wasn't really intentional. at first i thought shin-getter was my favorite, but i think i like getter-liger more. who knows, anyway, here's the pic.

Attached File  srw_vs_muscle.jpg   316.52K   38 downloads

Edited by dankingery, 17 January 2009 - 01:15 PM.

#12 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:37 PM

Cool, thanks for sharing that pic. Nice scale IMO, makes it easier to throw a handful on the desk. And the paint app looks good.

My brother is partial to the Getter 2's as well, so I understand :D

#13 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:41 PM

Pointy bits. For arms. Of course I'm partial to them!

#14 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:52 PM

Cool, thanks for sharing that pic. Nice scale IMO, makes it easier to throw a handful on the desk. And the paint app looks good.

My brother is partial to the Getter 2's as well, so I understand :(

the scale is perfect. they're big enough that you can see the little details but small enough to make them extra cool. the paint apps are pretty tight. there's a few flaws but they're so small they're almost not worth mentioning. my only real complaint would be that dancouga kind of has a weird pose to him. that, and that there aren't over 50 parts to collect. :D

Edited by dankingery, 24 January 2009 - 11:24 PM.

#15 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:32 PM

the grocery store near my house has a few capsule machines. one with homies in it. blecch. and another has what're called "capsule critters". i know someone has already mentioned them before. i just couldn't find the thread. they could have even been called something else since there's no official company listed on the card and they only say china. i tried looking them up online but could only find some crazy nuts flickr account pics. they're pretty cool. there's 12 different sculpts. i kind of lucked out today when i bought mine. they were $.50 a piece and i had six quarters so i bought three. well, when i turned the dial for the second one, i not only got a capsule, but i also got a loose fig too. pretty cool, would have been even cooler if it wasn't the same as the first capsule i bought. :/

i got a four-armed unicorn bunny, a devil octopus and....something else.
Attached File  capcrit.jpg   325.86K   45 downloads
the green one, which i have no clue as to what it's suppose to really be, is the one i have a duplicate of.

#16 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:30 AM

We saw these at the Kroger by our house but we didn't have any quarters. The next time we were there we were going to get some but the bank of vending machines was inexplicably gone :)

Edited by Liz Sherman, 25 January 2009 - 01:30 AM.

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#17 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:54 AM

the smith's/kroger by my house is the only place in the STATE that i've found good penny machine toys. everywhere else is either beyond worthless little girls jewelry or stickers. stickers suck.

#18 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:13 PM

They were finally back in the machine the other day. I went ahead a picked up two of them. I got a vampire bunny bat thing and a purple one that I am not sure what it is (but its cute).

Attached File  misc_009.jpg   1.08MB   23 downloads

They are pretty sweet (and they look good with my blockheads collection).

Edited by Liz Sherman, 01 February 2009 - 02:14 PM.

#19 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:40 PM

those one's are great liz. i'm still trying to track them down online so i can just get the whole set.

EDIT: i actually found the artist who designed them on deviant art. i sent a message about finding out the distributor, hopefully i'll hear back.

Edited by dankingery, 01 February 2009 - 03:00 PM.

#20 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

I did find these on ebay. They are the same sculpts with different colors and little hanging straps on top.

Attached File  767a_1.jpg   41.62K   45 downloads

Cute but I think I like the originals better.

#21 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:12 PM

here's my series 1 freaky geeks. i don't think they ever made any other series after one. there were far too many cyclopian characters for me to pass these guys up.

from left to right on top row: cy-fi, go-go, stinky, knuckles. bottom row left to right: skizzo, herbert, ollie, spike.
Attached File  freakygeeks.jpg   460.36K   80 downloads

here's a shot for scale comparison.
Attached File  fgscale.jpg   382.74K   26 downloads

Edited by dankingery, 01 February 2009 - 07:13 PM.

#22 Gijoepower

Gijoepower

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:29 AM

Wow,the robots did indeed look cool :)
( forgive my broken English please )
gijoe-transformers-fans.de

#23 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:07 AM

the grocery store near my house has a few capsule machines. one with homies in it. blecch. and another has what're called "capsule critters". i know someone has already mentioned them before. i just couldn't find the thread. they could have even been called something else since there's no official company listed on the card and they only say china. i tried looking them up online but could only find some crazy nuts flickr account pics. they're pretty cool. there's 12 different sculpts. i kind of lucked out today when i bought mine. they were $.50 a piece and i had six quarters so i bought three. well, when i turned the dial for the second one, i not only got a capsule, but i also got a loose fig too. pretty cool, would have been even cooler if it wasn't the same as the first capsule i bought. :/

i got a four-armed unicorn bunny, a devil octopus and....something else.
Attached File  capcrit.jpg   325.86K   45 downloads
the green one, which i have no clue as to what it's suppose to really be, is the one i have a duplicate of.

I do believe that the green one is a Cthulhu bunny. SAVAGE!
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#24 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:55 AM

Ack!! The capsule critters are gone again ;)

This is one instance where it feels like the universe is working against me. I went to Kroger the other night on my way home specifically for these and the entry where this machine is located was closed (it was after 10pm). Then a few days later I went back and they had been replaced with basketballs. WTF!?!?

#25 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:43 PM

There are Capsule Critters near me! I really would like to pick up a full set, and I might be interested in offloading some doubles!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com