Theme© by Fisana

Photo

gross high school dome squirt toy help !

Best Answer TheMonstress , 20 February 2016 - 06:22 PM

I've been following this thread for a while now, and I just found it randomly: http://www.ebay.com/...sid=p5731.m3795

From the 1993 Galoob Toy Fair Catalog. I stumbled onto this on ebay, and tried finding others from around the same time, but it seems this is the only one with them in it.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 gitto69

gitto69

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

Hi, I was hoping you could help me, i had a couple of these toys in the early 90's, i cannot remember the name of the series but one of the characters was called 'Down the hatch swallowmore',
The toy was a small clear dome on a bright red base with the head and shoulders of a gross little high school kid in, when the button on the base was pressed colored liquid would squirt from an orifice on the characters body,
eg: down the hatch would spew green 'vomit' upwards and catch it again in his mouth, there was a small cartoon of the kid on the side of the base with a short 'bio' on the character.... something like... 'Down the hatch swallowmores moto is, if it tasted good the 1st time it will taste even better the 2nd time round', or something like that, this character looked like a spotty little greaser btw, the only other character i had shot yellow 'milk' from one nostril, but i do remember there being about 6-8 other characters in the series, please please say you know what i am talking about as i have been searching for them for years ever since my mum chucked my old toy collection out years ago and i dont know anyone that remembers them.
Thanks, Glen

#2 gbmickey

gbmickey

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

Cant believe Im the only one here to have had a few of these! I had like 6 or 7 of them

#3 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

I remember someone else asking about these with scan of low res pic and these things on a shelf in the background...don't remember if anyone found an answer.

Edit: never mind, I see the other thread was resurrected yesterday.

Edited by bigazzhead, 22 February 2013 - 07:47 AM.

#4 gbmickey

gbmickey

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:53 AM

Bump

#5 gbmickey

gbmickey

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

Bump

#6 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

---

#7 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

All I'm gonna say is don't search for down the hatch swallowmore on a work computer  :unsure:

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#8 gbmickey

gbmickey

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

LOL a lil too late for that buddy

#9 gbmickey

gbmickey

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

Come on, someone has to know the name of these figures...

#10 caseyroberson

caseyroberson

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:37 PM

I'm interested in learning more about these myself.  gitto69 or gbmickey, 2 questions for you:  I'm getting the impression you are both from the UK, is this correct?  Also, do either of you have any memory of the specific year you had these, or at least a range of 3 years?

#11 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:54 PM

Haahahahaha... Didnt do Strontys mistake and im pretty sure its some kind of sextoy hah... atleast id think so from your description and the blah blah swallowmore name :teehee:

#12 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:33 PM

Necro-bumped like a mo'f***er.

#13 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:00 PM

Yep i do that... noticed when you do this on some old threads,and check your content few days later the topics gone... haha not all like oldtimey bumbs...

Trust me if something old gets bumbed its funny as hell

#14 gbmickey

gbmickey

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:11 PM

I'm interested in learning more about these myself.  gitto69 or gbmickey, 2 questions for you:  I'm getting the impression you are both from the UK, is this correct?  Also, do either of you have any memory of the specific year you had these, or at least a range of 3 years?

Hey! I'm from Spain. And I know I had the entire collection by my 8th birthday, so that would be 1991. They must have been released between 1990-92

Any ideas ?

#15 caseyroberson

caseyroberson

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:48 AM

No ideas yet, I'm just trying to determine how to go about searching (US vs European trademark searches/toy companies).  The information on the year range definitely helps!  Let me ask you this as well: did your toys have Spanish names, or English, like gitto69's?

#16 gbmickey

gbmickey

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:15 PM

No ideas yet, I'm just trying to determine how to go about searching (US vs European trademark searches/toy companies). The information on the year range definitely helps! Let me ask you this as well: did your toys have Spanish names, or English, like gitto69's?

Hey! Well i thought that as well long time ago and i guess it should be a European company. I've looked for these everywhere, searched on every forum and came up empty handed. If it was American it would have shown up somewhere, wouldn't it? Im pretty damn sure. As for the names and background on each character, I don't recall that well, but I'd swear it was English on the base just as gitto69 said but I think it was in Spanish on the back of the cards. I've tried to get in touch with gitto69 a thousand times in the past but he just won't answer, I'm guessing either all of those emails are in his junk folder or he doesn't want to have nothing to do with this anymore? Thing is I've been trying to id these suckers for years and it's proving to be the most difficult task I've ever done!

Also, you guys know if there's any way we could get gitto69's email to get in touch with him directly without pming him??

Edited by gbmickey, 15 March 2015 - 02:23 PM.

#17 gbmickey

gbmickey

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:20 PM

This is the best picture I could find of the toys while browsing through an old family album. Sadly is the tiniest blurriest thing :-(

http://www.servimg.com/view/16237953/8

#18 caseyroberson

caseyroberson

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:49 PM

I think you might be surprised how many toys (even American ones) don't really show up much of anywhere online.   With toys like this, you can usually only find MOC examples on eBay, because there's no information online for people to identify loose copies. At the moment, between you and gitto69 there's enough information to put together a few eBay searches which could be fruitful.

In the meantime, my plan is to research toy trademarks for the period 1989-1992 and see what I can come up with (I already searched US toy patents for that period and came up empty-handed).  I work as a librarian and researching lost toylines like this is really exciting for me. If the trademarks don't turn anything up I'll see what other types of searches I can run.

#19 gbmickey

gbmickey

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:19 PM

I see, well this case is gonna be a tough one :-) let's see if we can work something out to get any info (really excited here!! Lol) please let me know if I can do anything else, also please gimme a heads up if you find anything. We really need to id these!
Mike.

#20 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:14 PM

Get in touch with this Spanish toy collector/blogger.  Give him all the details.  He might be able to figure it out or get in touch with someone who can:

btoys.blogspot.com

#21 gbmickey

gbmickey

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:15 AM

Will do! Thanks!

#22 gbmickey

gbmickey

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:54 PM

Hey Casey! You found anything about these?

#23 caseyroberson

caseyroberson

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:49 AM

I'm coming up empty so far. Nothing on trademarks, nothing in Worthpoint.  I even did searches of toys by year for 1989-1992 on European eBay sites.  The fact that we have one of the characters' names, a date range, and the fact that they seem to have shown up in more than one European country are all positive things, though. In my experience, unknown toylines like these tend to only show up in carded examples on eBay, which keeps them unknown because no one knows the series name; but I'm hoping that a few eBay "followed searches" (swallowmore, dome toy 1989, dome toy 1990, etc.) will prove fruitful someday.

I will ask one more question, though. In the US, toylines that were sold only at dollar stores/pharmacies (and which were often knockoffs of major toylines) are some of the hardest ones to find/research.  Was there an equivalent in Spain in your childhood? Did they sell cheaper-made toys at pharmacies and discount stores? And if so, is that the kind of store where you remember getting these?

Edited by caseyroberson, 26 March 2015 - 06:52 AM.

#24 gbmickey

gbmickey

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:22 PM

Casey, sure, we had those kind of toys (not sold in pharmacies though) most of those were knockoffs. But these weren't. You could get them at regular toy stores... Man how can these be so hard to find? I remember that one of the characters' names was Igor, he had a swollen eye and he would squirt the liquid thru it. Man i wish i had any more pictures of them :-(

#25 gbmickey

gbmickey

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:47 AM

Bump

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com