117 replies to this topic

#101 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:09 AM

People who have the rarest collectable stuff are often dicks to deal with, it's a pattern I've noticed before. I guess it's because the rarest collectable stuff often isn't supposed to reach collectors hands, so the people who get them have to be somewhat "flexible" in their attitude to laws/moral values and the way they treat people. It's a double edged sword really.

I'm all for being honest and professional and I do my best to be polite and accomodating even when a problem occurs. But if someone screws me over and isn't interested in making it right then the gloves come off. No matter how little the money owed or how minor the problem, I'll dig my heels in and get as much out of them as I can just to teach them a lesson.

#102 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:25 PM

People who have the rarest collectable stuff are often dicks to deal with, it's a pattern I've noticed before. I guess it's because the rarest collectable stuff often isn't supposed to reach collectors hands, so the people who get them have to be somewhat "flexible" in their attitude to laws/moral values and the way they treat people. It's a double edged sword really.

I'm all for being honest and professional and I do my best to be polite and accomodating even when a problem occurs. But if someone screws me over and isn't interested in making it right then the gloves come off. No matter how little the money owed or how minor the problem, I'll dig my heels in and get as much out of them as I can just to teach them a lesson.

I try to be reasonable, but I feel the same way about it. I got my money back thanks to calling Ebay Customer Service. I get to keep the figure because the seller didn't want to pay to get the broken figure back (he wanted me to pay more money for his bad packing), and I am going to try to rig it back together. 

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#103 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:58 PM

Oh yeah, I remember that from when you posted it on Facebook. What kind of schmuck responds to a customer who just received a badly damaged product trying to sell another product?

a member here pulled this crap with me when I first joined, only it was a misrepresentation of condition rather than shipping damage. I was so disgusted by his attitude and trying to upsell me on things afterwards that I gave up on trying to get him to make it right, but he's forever blacklisted as far as I'm concerned.

I do my best to be polite and accomodating even when a problem occurs. But if someone screws me over and isn't interested in making it right then the gloves come off. No matter how little the money owed or how minor the problem, I'll dig my heels in and get as much out of them as I can just to teach them a lesson.

This guy gets it :thumbsup:

#104 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:04 PM

lol well I know for a fact that tmnt has some of those jerk rare sellers. I lucked out with my shogun shoate but my stretch shredder looked terrible. The guy was like "It was pictured that way" and I called bs so fast that I could have been made into a super hero

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#105 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:14 PM

The guy was like "It was pictured that way" 

"it's not my fault that the camera was out of focus when I took the picture... I'm not a photographer!"

GOSH-1.gif

#106 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:01 PM

"it's not my fault that the camera was out of focus when I took the picture... I'm not a photographer!"

GOSH-1.gif

lmao I always loved that excuse. Usually if its blurry that means you should retake it :p pesky non-photographers out there

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#107 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:04 AM

Not a fan of these at all.  They look exactly like everything else out there these days -- Skylander, Ben 10, etc.etc.   Obviously geared towards Millennials and 20somethings.  Zero vintage feel.

Easy pass, for me.

Wasn't there a painted MIMP line a few years back, anyhow?   Did that line fail? 

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#108 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:31 AM

Obviously geared towards Millennials and 20somethings.  Zero vintage feel.

Wait, what?  Here I thought toys were generally "geared toward" kids.

#109 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:00 AM

Huh?  Where have you been, man?  Unless we are talking Fisher Price/Playskool or the pink isles, I'd say a large chunk of the 'male action figure' target audience isn't kids, these days.    Believe me, Mattel, Hasbro, Jakks, and the others know full well what they are doing and their intended audience, when it comes to forking over green for that precious shelf space.   ;)

Different times, man.  As of some point in the late 90s,  many toys became no longer toys but limited edition exclusive pieces for the adult collector.  

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#110 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:14 AM

Only ALL Ridureys toys as exeption :lol:

#111 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:15 AM

Wasn't there a painted MIMP line a few years back, anyhow?   Did that line fail? 

The 2006 line was painted and never reached US shores. It didn't last that long, but the figures had much better paint than the older ones. 

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#112 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:18 AM

The 2006 line was painted and never reached US shores. It didn't last that long, but the figures had much better paint than the older ones. 

Ah, thanks.   Are these costly now?   Can I see a link to the full range?

#113 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:36 AM

I am well aware of the ins-and-outs of toy marketing. 

Toys are marketed directly toward kids, the parents of those kids (since they have the buying power), and -- to a very, very small degree -- "adult collectors."

The vast majority of toys (especially the ones that you mentioned; Skylanders and Ben 10) are "geared toward" (aka designed for) KIDS.  In this case, boys, age 6-12 or so.

Millennials and 20s-somethings buy so very few toys.  Gadgets and tech and fashion, yes, but actual designed-for-kids-type-toys, NO.  And if they do, it is for their KIDS. 

We, as adult collectors, are such a small subset of the buying public compared to the target markets of children and their parents. 

Whether you buy toys as an adult or not, they are still "geared toward" children. 

Yes, there are a few exceptions, but they are certainly not Ben 10 or Skylanders. LOL

#114 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:02 AM

I am well aware of the ins-and-outs of toy marketing. 

Toys are marketed directly toward kids, the parents of those kids (since they have the buying power), and -- to a very, very small degree -- "adult collectors."

The vast majority of toys (especially the ones that you mentioned; Skylanders and Ben 10) are "geared toward" (aka designed for) KIDS.  In this case, boys, age 6-12 or so.

Millennials and 20s-somethings buy so very few toys.  Gadgets and tech and fashion, yes, but actual designed-for-kids-type-toys, NO.  And if they do, it is for their KIDS. 

We, as adult collectors, are such a small subset of the buying public compared to the target markets of children and their parents. 

Whether you buy toys as an adult or not, they are still "geared toward" children. 

Yes, there are a few exceptions, but they are certainly not Ben 10 or Skylanders. LOL

As with so many things, we all have our differing opinions.  In regards to us as adults being a small subset when compared to parents with kids, I dunno man, have you been to Toys-r-Us lately?  The figure isles look like friggin casting calls for the Napoleon Dynamite sequel, and I don't think they are there buying for their (non existent) children.

;)

My point being, toy manufacturers are well aware that the children in question are oftentimes the children of 80s kids, and they target accordingly.  This is of course planned out, and smartly allows them to collect the dollars of both demographics.  This is not a new concept but one that has been practiced since the early days of mass marketing to children.

It is no accident that many of today's 'boys lines', geared towards kids or not, are rife with nods and homages to 70s and 80s properties  -- the golden era for such things.

#115 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:51 PM

Ah, thanks.   Are these costly now?   Can I see a link to the full range?

http://minifigures.b...-pocket-g2.html

Most of them can be got for $2-4 each on Ebay if you are in the US (about 33% of which is shipping cost). There are a few rare ones that cost more, like Poltergeist and Ghost. I am still missing 2 of them and one of the Prototypes. 

#116 Grimace

Grimace

LittleRubberGal Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:57 AM

Still no update on these?

#117 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:30 PM

Still no update on these?

My best guess is that the line is dead. It had been delayed multiple times already.

#118 spiderearth

spiderearth

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:collecting minis and creating art

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:08 PM

A couple days ago (just got around to reading it now), I received an email from someone in control of the new series, or at least I suppose, although there is zero proof of that in the email.  Maybe this is a faker or spam, so, take this with a grain of salt.  I haven't replied, but I'm not against it.  In reference to a blog entry I made about the prototypes going on French Ebay, I got this message, but to be honest, I barely recall the article I wrote or the details of the auction or anything, so who knows?  It has been a while with no update.  I removed the name because I felt a little weird about it, but maybe it's not that big of a deal.  Regardless of it's validity, after I read it, I wanted to share it here.

Hello,

I want to congratulate you for your blog.

I'm sending you a message to show my amazement at the pictures you got on your blog about the next version of the MIMP.

In any case I wanted to tell you that this is not a hoax.

Someone used our image to make false sales.

Prototypes are still in our society.

Thank you for your interest in the next version of the MIMP!

Best regards,

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com