5 replies to this topic

#1 kartoon

kartoon

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:54 PM

Hi.  Any help identifying these would be greatly appreciated.

The robot comes apart at legs, lower torso, upper torso, arms and back thing.  It is stamped Japan.  It may have other writing stamped on the back of the legs but it is in Japanese if that is what it is.  The blue part may be off another one.  It is hard rubber I believe and has little mobility.

The Dracula figure is from 1991 and is stamped ITL.  It has a soft, hollow rubber torso and head.  The arms and legs are hard, solid rubber.

The skeleton has no stamps or dates.  It appears to be a robot skeleton, kind of like Terminator, but it appears to be a chimpanzee.

Thanks.

Attached Files

#2 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:05 PM

The robot is Goshogun. Its construction is like that of a cheap candy or capsule toy in Japan, but I think there were similar, probably bootleg figures of it and other giant robots of the time released in the UK.

Not sure on the skeleton thing but its construction makes me think of the Chap Mei knockoffs of the Kenner Alien toyline.

#3 countzackula

countzackula

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:00 PM

I've seen similar Skeleton creaures before...never saw a metallic one before. Sadly, I'm clueless as to a name, but if you ever wanna part with it...*hint hint*...

How tall is it, by the way?

#4 Fraganaut

Fraganaut

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:52 PM

I believe the skeleton might be from Galaxy Trooper. I have not seen it carded but it's quite similar to the 2-headed one. Maybe another line from the same company.

Attached File  GALAXY TROOPER MOSC 1996 WING SANG TOYS BLACK FIGURE + TWO HEADED WHITE MONSTER 1.JPG   192.51K   7 downloads

I found 2 of those robots last fall and was also wondering what they are. The other i have is the same red one as yours except it has a yellow back piece instead of blue.

Attached File  ID_Gundam_01.jpg   133.27K   7 downloads

Edited by Fraganaut, 01 February 2015 - 07:57 PM.

#5 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:37 PM

Galaxy Trooper, and that freaky two-headed monster, that's what I was thinking of earlier, so not Chap Mei but Wing Sang Toys... but the only monster design I'm seeing is the two-headed one as well. So close, yet so far.

I can help with the yellow robot. That's Daikyojin from Yattodetaman, one of the Time Bokan series. Same deal as the Goshogun, probably a bootlegged toyline.

#6 Fraganaut

Fraganaut

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:22 AM

Thanks. Was actually planning to read about thoses series after hearing of the new Yatterman that started airing in January.

I've only seen the Takashi Miike movie.

Edited by Fraganaut, 02 February 2015 - 09:32 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com