Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

What is so appealing about FoP?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: What is so appealing about FoP? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

What is so appealing about FoP?

1. Random packaging. (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. Quality of figures. (2 votes [14.29%])

3. Quantity of figures. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Quantity of accessories. (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Price. (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Coolness of figures. (6 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

7. Rare and Ultra Rare figures. (2 votes [14.29%])

8. Other. (2 votes [14.29%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:08 AM

I know there is another active poll, but I was truly curious about this from a collector's point of view. I hate to bring up Ultimate MUSCLEs infamous failure (yes, not every line can be Pokemon, but it could have done better), but it's hard not to "compare" them. There are some clear differences between the two lines, which differences are the ones making a positive impact?

For my part, I think the main reason is the collectability factor of FoP. They are relatively cheap, and it's fun to hunt for the ones you need. Furthermore, there is a little bit of mystery surrounding the line: are there variations, will there be a wave 2, how rare are the rares, etc.

Personally, there are only a few figures that I really think are neat. I generally don't collect human toy figures, but still, FoP is sucking me in!

:unsure:
Posted Image

#2 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:18 AM

Coolness

#3 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:49 AM

For me it's multiple reasons:

1. Random packaging- I love opening new packs and not knowing what's inside. I only use "the system" after I've pretty much exhausted the likelihood of getting figures I need.

2. Quality of figures- they completely blow Ultimate Muscle away and are better than original M.U.S.C.L.E. and Kinkeshi, IMO.

3. Price- I know some haven't been happy with the price, but it's very refreshing to go to the store and be able to get something this cool for $5. The other toyline I/we collect are Romandohs, so I can buy FoP all day long compared to those.

4. Coolness of figures- although I think the quality is better than all the Kinnikuman lines, I would say that they're similar as far as coolness goes but an edge goes to Kinnikuman. Mostly due to the fact that we know the Kin characters personalities and just more about them in general. We'll see if they expand the FoP line to cartoons or video games at some point, then the coolness thing could be compared fairly.

5. Rare and Ultra Rare figures- makes opening packs even more fun. Hunting them down is cool too.

#4 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:58 AM

Hmmm....

1. I like the FoP mainly cause they remind me of "Monsters in my Pocket" toy line.

2. I also like that there are some rare figures in this line that will be a tad harder to get, such as RARE and ULTRA RARE. Plus you cant forget about the Crystle figures as well.

3. The randomnes of the packages is also a nice little treat. The last pack I bought got me:

29. Curso (H) (Shown)
3. Hisss (H)
4. Spidok (S)
9. Slaughta ©
30 Chain (S)

4. The price of them varies on the stores. I like the Walmart price, but not all to pleased with the price of them at Toys R Us.

Posted Image

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:55 PM

I think the big thing is that they are cheap and collectible.

#6 SlamMaster

SlamMaster

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, Video games, Reading, 80'S nu Wave Music, etc.

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:15 PM

Trying to collect all of the hyper figures is a game in itself for me. I am trying to collect the hypers more so than the shadow figures. I like the idea that they have all of the sterotypical heroes and monsters; knights, Aliens, Gods, ninja, yetti, etc. My only complaint is that they should maybe make it 3 hypers and 2 shadows, or if possible a hyper 5 pack. I would pay an extra dollar for having a 5 pack of hypers.
Omega Man has arrived in Romandoh form.

#7 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:23 PM

I would actually prefer for them to make a 5 Hyper pack. Not that I hate the Shadows, but I just prefer the Hyper's a hell of a lot more then the shadows. The main purpose being you can see the detail of the figures a lot better that way.

Posted Image

#8 Roweiser

Roweiser

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 08:46 PM

I can't pin it one thing either. At first, it was something cheap for my kids to play with. After I got Xar in one of those packs, I got hooked into collecting them. The collectibility is a big hook, but it they get too crazy with secret rares and color variations etc. it may be a turn off.

I wouldn't mind if they canned the shadows altogether and just made hyper and crystal. The crystal could be the "rare" variant, more so than it is now. Kind of like foil trading cards, I guess.

The packaging could be a little more sturdy. I've seen too many packs ripped completely open :unsure:

Sniper33 - That's a heck of a pull! 2 ultra rares and a crystal rare in one pack?!? Dang!

#9 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:01 PM

Sniper33 - That's a heck of a pull! 2 ultra rares and a crystal rare in one pack?!? Dang!

Yeah, made my day with that pack. Also grabbed another pack when i got that one, but only came up with a:

24. Stryke (H) (Shown)
6. Grush ©
8. Grondar (H)
23. Tremmor (S)
30. Chain (S)

30. Chain (S) from the other pack was mistake, it was:
24. Stryke (S)

Posted Image

#10 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:51 PM

For me, the main reason I like FoP is the figures themselves. I am a big fan of the collectibility of the line and the random packaging, but if I didn't like the figures, then I probably wouldn't collect the line.

I even like the three variations. For me, I see each figure as more of a troop type rather than an individual, well except for the Warlords of course. The shadow's represent the basic troopers of that troop type, while the hyper/crystal represent a specific character in that troop type. Thus, the lack of visible detail on the shadow's is ok, becuase they are common troops behind their leaders in the hypers and crystals. To me, this also explains the different point values at the different levels, shadow being the lowest.

Eric

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com