• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:27 PM

Well, as I mentioned in another thread, I picked up a few packs tonight to let my kids play the game and we played 3-4 rounds together. Kewl game. A little on the boring side, but my kids enjoyed it.

I got a black box too, but I haven't read the instructions on playing all out war yet.

#2 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:24 PM

The regular game is kinda boring, but from what i understand of the "Total War" game, it sounds like its gonna be alot more fun. AND you can tell from the game map, that they are gonna make connecting areas to the land. So by series 3 or 4, we would have the complete map of SCAR.

Posted Image

#3 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:41 PM

I like the regular game for something real quick, but I actually really like the Total War rules. The Total War Rules almost remind me of a kid's version of RISK. Essentially you are allowed an "army" of 15 figures, then you make the usual squads of 6 guys, 15 points for each battle, with one person as the attacker and one person as the defender. What is at stake in each battle is one of your figures, and a region of land. I like it because it adds a bit of strategy to it, and there is some solid purpose to the fighting rather than see who can be the last person with figures. In this, you are trying to conquer territories. There are other rules such as ambush and hero as well as rules for figures defending in their own territory/region. Overall, I actually really like the Total War game. Like I said, it reminds me a lot of a simpler strategy conquering board game like RISK. Having said that, I do wish the board was a little bigger, but then I guess you wouldn't have as much room to throw your figures.

Eric

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com