Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Hard to tell Flesh from Salmon from Ebay pics.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:22 AM

Ever since getting purple 153, I'v been wanting to collect all of the 153 colors. I have light blue, orange, and salmon left to go. But it's hard to tell flesh from salmon. Sure, sellers on Ebay can claim it's a class B they're selling. But I can't tell for sure. And what if I bought what I thought was salmon and it turns out to be flesh? Can I hold the seller liable for the mix up even though they didn't put the color(flesh or salmon) in the title or description? I'm looking at a couple of sales on Ebay right now. But I want to know if they're indeed salmon before trying to negotiate a price. Maybe some fresh eyes could help out. 

https://www.ebay.com...119.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com...119.m1438.l2649

Any general help about telling the colors apart is appreciated. 

Edited by fisheye, 14 March 2018 - 09:22 AM.

#2 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:44 AM

Those are both Flesh.

Edit: As a rule, on eBay, I believe people are trying to scam buyers - especially if they use the word "rare." It's just too easy to take a good picture. Another red flag is if it basically says something like, "Pictures show you what you are getting."

Sellers are excited to sell something special. They want discolored Flesh to be Salmon. If you're going to score a Salmon at a good price, then it's not going to say "Rare" or "Class B." It will just be someone listing the figure without hype.

Edited by General Veers, 14 March 2018 - 09:47 AM.

#3 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:Robot & monster toys, Lego, MUSCLE, etc.

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:45 AM

I don’t think either of those are salmon, but I’m not an expert. I have bought stuff *hoping* it was salmon only to be eventually and inevitably disappointed.

If a seller does not actually use the word “salmon”, then I doubt you could really claim it wasn’t as described. And to be fair, even if they did, you’d probably still be in for a fight since that word means one thing to M.U.S.C.L.E. collectors, but not necessarily to others. It may be a standard that would be difficult to enforce. I’m not a lawyer though, and I work for neither eBay nor PayPal.

Thank you

#4 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:58 AM

Thank you both for your insight. 

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com