952 replies to this topic

#951 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

Found wave 19 at Target today, plus bonus Falcon/Cap Dr. Strange/Silver Surfer two packs. Passed on Punisher and the Strange/Silver Surfer two pack. As a bonus they had a buy one get one 50% off sale so I got the four new figures at about 30 bucks. This wave and the last have really got my excitment back up for MU. Kraven, She Hulk, Beast, classic Avenger spots getting filled, Avengers villians, and Beta Ray Bill very nice.

Toys r Us should stop acting like they are allergic to money and restock their exclusive two pack wave.

Edited by mrjayberry, 20 November 2012 - 01:45 PM.

#952 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Well, there are some signs of life for MU. I just saw the recent series at Target. Kraven the Hunter, Beta Ray Bill, Classic X-men Beast, finally a great looking MU Hulk, and of course a very typical Spidey with web bag. Kraven and Beast looked great to me. I'm not familiar with Beta Ray. He is an odd Thor pedigree. I think the new single pack Hulk is equivalent to the recent comic 2 pack including him. Anyhow, glad to see it's still plugging along. I think down the road when I look at these figures, I will have a fond appreciation for them. Overall, it has great figures and a hugely comprehensive base of characters!

Yeah, they cast the single-packed Hulk in a lighter green, for the Hulk/Wolverine 2-pack. I really like the hatching they did for texture. It makes him stand out from all of the other MU figures.
Now, if they'd just do an Abomination that can hold the same standard as the Marvel Select version...

#953 else3573

else3573

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

I am getting more and more into this line, but I collect so many other vintage and new toylines, I
don't have the space or economic means to be a completist with this. There's alot of older figures
I want that I haven't yet picked up (Archangel, Kraven, Ice Man, Mystique, Magneto, Galactus, etc.) I stopped at Target on Wednesday to see if they had any I didn't already own, they had a bunch of newer 2 packs, the only one I was interested in and picked up was the Mandarin/Silver Centurian and they had a Ghostrider which I hadn't found at retail yet. They also had buy 1, get one 50% off. Anyway, here's what I have so far, minus the 2 packs I just bought:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com