139 replies to this topic

#26 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:01 AM

Okay, so on the 10th Banpresto held this sneak preview for Muscle Grand Prix 2 (as well as for that Lupin III game and a third game about Dragon Ball, Eyeshield 21, Pokemon, and Crayon Shin-chan). So, I found two (Japanese) sites with reports on this preview show and here's (basically) what they said about the game:

First of all, all of the characters from the last game (MAX) will be playable in this, as well as Characters from the Survivor Match Arc, not necessarily just the Fated Princes. One of the sites even specifically said "Unmei no Go Ouji nado" (Five Fated Princes etc.). So, be on the look out for Neptuneman, Mammothman, Omegaman, Parthenon, Bikeman, etc etc etc...

Also, the game play will be the same as the others but with some "new elements". From the looks of that video and those screenshots of Mariposa's Phony Muscle Revenger, this prob'ly means moves are easier to reverse (in other words, it doesn't have to be two specific characters against one another anymore), so you'll have to keep pressing buttons during the move to make sure each attack connects.... but that's just an estimation on my part so don't expect that to definitely be the case.

The only other thing important mentioned was that the release date is still just "Early Summer 2007".

yeah we definitely need new villains, otherwise (as I already said) it'd be an enhanced version of the previous game, I still hope for a MAX PS2 version which will surely feature more storymodes and more new charcters

#27 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:06 AM

I lose 5 bucks! By the end of that first intro, I could barely hear Kinnikuman Go Fight! But then again, other intro songs might be added, like the last game had Honoo no Kinnikuman for an intro, and Kinnikuman Go Fight for credits (I've yet to see that or any other cutscene anywhere at all).

#28 geniusbob

geniusbob

slacker.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, robots, humor, being an idiot.

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:18 AM

Really? I could have sworn that I heard Zudadan Kinnikuman somewhere in there.

Is disappointed more people don't talk about me.

Questions about Muscle Fight? Downloads? Favorite Color?

Always open to talk.

#29 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:40 AM

Oh, one more thing!!!

The same way the previous game had an extract from "Miracle of Muscle Docking' played when you have certain characters against each other (might still be included), now there's gonna be costume variations, as shown in the video clip.

These were the ones shown:-

Terryman- vs. Ashuraman - Has Buffaloman's arms.
Ashuraman- vs. Terryman - Has Devil Choujin & Terryman's arms.
Robin Mask- vs. Junkman - Armour, arm bands and helmet's head gear removed.
Brocken Jr.- vs. The Ninja - Hat and shirt removed.
Mongolman- vs. Mr. Kamen - Tracksuit and hood.
Ramenman- vs. Terryman - Green shirt, not sure if he'll look like what he used to in the beginning.

Need to see a clearer version of this soon.

#30 geniusbob

geniusbob

slacker.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:44 AM

Going all out this time ain't they.

Always open to talk.

#31 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 09:35 AM

Going all out this time ain't they.

we'll see what the new storymode (and roster) is like

#32 geniusbob

geniusbob

slacker.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:56 AM

Yes. I agree that they need more bad guys. Because bad guys are cool. I personally wanna see team Pheonix and Neptuneman.

Always open to talk.

#33 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:03 PM

I also wanna see the dream tag match arc

#34 geniusbob

geniusbob

slacker.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:29 PM

Yeah, kinda forgot about that.

Always open to talk.

#35 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:08 PM

Yeah, kinda forgot about that.

anyway since we'll never see the game in European arcades it's easy to understand that I coulnd't care less about the arcade game, since the previous arcade game was slightly different to the PS2 version (no akuma chojins etc) it's pretty fair to pitch them in this time, but it' wouldn't be that cool to see them again in a possible PS2 port. Therefore if they'll ever release a home port I guess the villains seen in the previous games will be gone for good and leave room for new ones with more than one storymode (like seen in the 1st game), one of these storymode could be the dream tag match hopefully, also I'd like to play a nisei storymode as well. In a nutshell if they keep the same logic as the 1st game the PS2 MAX game will feature several storymodes (not only one) + much more characters not available in the arcade version, so let's keep our fingers crossed

Edited by buffaloman, 14 January 2007 - 02:09 PM.

#36 geniusbob

geniusbob

slacker.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 09:03 PM

It's safe to assume that I guess. But since i've never seen anything of the Dream Tag team arc, it would be cool to see in a game. But sadly I don't think i'll be able to get this one or the first one.

Always open to talk.

#37 MFZ95

MFZ95

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:33 PM

yay a new sequel to Kinnikuman Grand Prix MAX is gonna cover my old lost one,that means i wont have to search for it, :(

#38 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:06 PM

there's an update on the website but looks rather insignificant, anyone can translate it anyway?

#39 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

Nezumi-Otoko for President!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts (Jeet Kune Do, Tai Chi, Aikido), manga and anime, drawing mangas, Kurosawa Akira and Woody Allen and Stanley Kubrick films, Japanese food and culture, breathing, Mystery Science Theater 3000, political humor, voice actors, flying by farting, wrestling, and the music of Frank Zappa

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:42 AM

It's announcing that there will be two test sites for the game from the 19th~22nd. The two sites are game centers Club Sega (Sega owned; location: Shinjuku, Tokyo) and Hey (Taito owned; location: Chiyoda, Tokyo).
Currently Reading: One Piece, Hajime no Ippo, Detective Conan, Toriko, Beelzebub, Bakuman., Nurarihyon no Mago, Kyoukai no Rinne, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, GTO: Shonan 14 Days, Naruto, Bleach, Mysterious Girlfriend X, Rurouni Kenshin, Shamo, Real, BØY, and (whenever I can) KochiKame
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010
"Washi ga Otokojuku jukuchou... Edajima Heihachi de aru!!!!!"

#40 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 02:46 PM

Some test shots!

#41 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:53 PM

Oh man, I'm excited. I vreally enjoyed the original game, and when I eventually found Kinnikuman vlumes, I started to wish that Neptuneman and the Princes were in, too (especially Zebra, he was my favorite of the saga)/ But man, if they keep the original roster in too, this will be awesome!

I really hope characters have less complicated methods to unlock. and that the cutscenes in story mode are better.

I just hope they leave Barrierfreeman in..

edit: watching one of those videos the whole way, it looks like the whole roster is back (and Barrierfreeman)! Whoo! All they need now is Neptuneman..

Edited by Grizzledman, 20 January 2007 - 03:55 PM.

Posted Image

#42 geniusbob

geniusbob

slacker.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 04:47 PM

Yep. I was looking for Neptuneman and Big Body myself.

Always open to talk.

#43 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 05:47 PM

As for Seichuin... I dunno, I'm kind of half and half on him. He's really important now, but we didn't really have much of an impact before the Dream Tag Match... I dunno.

If he is in, having his good and evil personalities in as costumes would be cool.
Posted Image

#44 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:11 PM

Some test shots!

nothing new except for the 4 fated princes

#45 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:43 PM

It looks like all of the characters from the PS2 port (Akuma Choujins, etc.) will be playable in this new Arcade game.

I can't wait to see what bonuses will be in store for the PS2 port.
Posted Image

#46 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:26 PM

ok here's the new faces that I'd like to see in this game:

From Gen1 (apart from the ones who cover the kinnikuthrone arc)

Big Budo
Neptuneman
Canadianman
Specialman
Teapackman
Fiend magician
Screwkid
Kendaman
Pinchman
Curry the cook

From Gen2:

Ricardo
Hydrazoa
Roadrage
Hanzo
Bonecold
Dialbolic
Pumpinator

What do you think? anyone else to add? even tho I seriusoly doubt all these chars will turn up.

#47 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:10 PM

Big Budo
Neptuneman
Canadianman
Specialman
Teapackman
Fiend magician
Screwkid
Kendaman
Pinchman
Curry the cook

From Gen2:

Ricardo
Hydrazoa
Roadrage
Hanzo
Bonecold
Dialbolic
Pumpinator

What do you think? anyone else to add? even tho I seriusoly doubt all these chars will turn up.

..I hate to break it to you, but most of those characters' moves would probably consist of falling over and dying.
Posted Image

#48 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:12 PM

Big Budo
Neptuneman
Canadianman
Specialman
Teapackman
Fiend magician
Screwkid
Kendaman
Pinchman
Curry the cook

From Gen2:

Ricardo
Hydrazoa
Roadrage
Hanzo
Bonecold
Dialbolic
Pumpinator

..I hate to break it to you, but most of those characters' moves would probably consist of falling over and dying.

such as?

#49 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:57 AM

Well, Canadianman only became giant to flip over the stadium before fighting Robin Mask in the olympics, but Robin turns giant to put the stadium in it's place abd finish off Canadianman with a backdrop instantly.
Specialman doesn't fight in the whole series at all. All Teapackman did was swinging a giant teapack. Pinchman only used his pinchers for a few seconds, before getting killed by Mammothman. Curry the Cook and Devil Magician possiblly. I could only see Ricardo and "No Respect" being added for the villains.

#50 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:58 AM

Well, Canadianman only became giant to flip over the stadium before fighting Robin Mask in the olympics, but Robin turns giant to put the stadium in it's place abd finish off Canadianman with a backdrop instantly.
Specialman doesn't fight in the whole series at all. All Teapackman did was swinging a giant teapack. Pinchman only used his pinchers for a few seconds, before getting killed by Mammothman. Curry the Cook and Devil Magician possiblly. I could only see Ricardo and "No Respect" being added for the villains.

hydrazoe would be awesome as well as roadrage

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com