61 replies to this topic

#1 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 02:19 PM

Japan 2006, a new Kinnikuman game is to be released on the PSP called "Kinnikuman Generations".

Branpresto and Bandai respectively announced the exit of two new plays Muscleman, one in arcade, the other on PSP. The portable version will be in fact an adaptation of play PS2 left in 2004, and renamed Kinnikuman Musclegenerations. As it would be inelegant to sell the same play twice, the editor envisaged to include several claimed characters with horn and cry by the fans (Kendaman, Screw Kid), and of new possibilities of Tag between the funny all-in wrestlers, around fifty on the whole. The exit of the play is planned for 2006 in Japan.

And just to make sure this information is true, here's a few shots.

http://img209.images...image=b6hu1.jpg
http://img81.imagesh...?image=c1bk.jpg

I can't believe Screwkid and Kendaman are on there! I hope Blackhole and Pentagon are as well. :woot:

#2 SlamMaster

SlamMaster

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, Video games, Reading, 80'S nu Wave Music, etc.

Posted 16 October 2005 - 05:11 PM

Wow! That is great to hear. I do not own a psp, but this game would be the only reason to pick up a psp, period. I think PSP is region free, so you could buy the japanese version of the game and it will play on NTSC or EUROPEAN PSP. I am really exicted about the news, and an arcade kinnikuman game.

I would love to have Atlantis, MAnMOSmAN!, Kinnikuman Soldier, Kinnikuman Zebra,Mixer Taitei , Rex King(Tyranno Claw) and anything other wrestler playable. I am just grateful they have this heading towards the psp and that it will have kendaman and screw kid playable, I only hope a few more wrestlers would be added to the line up.
Omega Man has arrived in Romandoh form.

#3 KidTDragon

KidTDragon

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 05:30 PM

I suppose it'd be a waste of time hoping these games make it over here, considering the disappointing sales of the first two.

#4 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 17 October 2005 - 08:03 AM

Damn! My stingy brother is getting a PSP! Chances of play for me=010%!

#5 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 12:34 PM

Damn! My stingy brother is getting a PSP! Chances of play for me=010%!

Same here. :KS: Darn brothers!
It's hard enough trying to get hold of a damn PSP let alone him wanting to share it. :lol:

#6 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 07:59 AM

@_@ I need a job so I can buy a PsP and this game.

#7 chucky

chucky

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 01:44 PM

cool im gonna get that on my psp ;)

#8 SuguruKinnikuman

SuguruKinnikuman

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, learning Japanese, Tae Kwon Do, and Kinnikuman of course.

Posted 29 October 2005 - 01:19 PM

Cool, I sure hope it comes out here, although I think the chaces are pretty slim cause the only KIN media out now is the manga.
"Kajiban no koso chikara!"

#9 TYDOGG

TYDOGG

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 11:18 AM

PSP for games is region free, but movies it isnt. So either way with an american machine you'll have no problem playing it. Even better, now you can download and copy any PSP game to your memmory card. Provided you have atleast a 1gig card. :angry:

#10 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:19 PM

Well, I wanted to get a PSP after Christmas (after saving more than $300 from finishing my Christmas shopping), but my mom told me that I don't need it, since I have too many systems - Game Boy Color, GBA, GBA SP, Nintendo DS, PS2 Slim Model, Gamecube. Besides, I doubt that 4Kids would even help Bandai localize the game for the US. Ultimate Muscle is dead, but it would eventually get revived, in some way, and that would trigger some Ultimate Muscle Ultimate BoxSet on DVD...
"Bonjour! Monsieur Cheeks here, with the Chojin Crown News du Jour! ... So, without further ado, LET'S GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!" -- Monsieur Cheeks.

#11 WarOmnimon

WarOmnimon

King Exkaiser Haro!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:56 AM

I doubt that characters will be removed from the original PS2 Kinnikuman Generations, so Starface and Blackhole are probably in. I personally want to see the five contenders to the Kinniku Throne in there, even if they're hidden characters. I would so kick butt with King Muscle and Sergeant Kinnikuman in tag matches.

Anyway, looks like I'll have two wrestling games to play on my PSP in Q4 2005 and Q1 2006, the other being SmackDown VS RAW 2006.
Current Avatar Harobot King Exkaiser
AKA The Daikaiju Battle Guy

#12 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 28 November 2005 - 04:29 PM

Found this here other image based on the game(s).

Attached Files

#13 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 12:21 PM

If this came to America and/or ws region free, I actually would buy a PSP for just this game.
Posted Image

#14 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:45 PM

From what I can understand from Playfrance, the game should be out in Japan at 23 February 2006. Now I can't wait! (That is, I get a chance to play it)
Oh, and here's it's official site. http://www.kinnikuman-mp.com/

Edited by Frobman, 06 December 2005 - 02:49 PM.

#15 Kin

Kin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:50 AM

Now there are two games! Kinnikuman Grand Prix (Arcade) and Kinnikuman Generations (PSP) :lol:

#16 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 02:54 PM

I love how Warsman's quote on the front page is "Ko~ho~..." XD

Man, those look awesome. @_@

#17 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Brains

Posted 23 December 2005 - 04:25 PM

Pre-order is up at xxxxxxx.com It's $49.99 plus free shipping. No idea if and when they'll jack the price up.

http://global.xxxxxx.../section-games/

By the way, any word if they'll be releasing kinkeshi sized figures like they did with the last two games?

Edited by Zombie, 23 December 2005 - 04:28 PM.

#18 Kin

Kin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 02:56 PM

The webpage for Muscle Grand Prix has been updated with videos, characters, system and more.

#19 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 03:24 PM

From what I can figure out and understand, it's more or less the same fighting system from the previous two games. There's this Tension gauge or something for special moves (looks Dragonball-esque). Looking through the character list, some people have moves that I think can be comboed together (special moves are done in Street Fighters down to foward attack style rather than just R+X), like with Terryman, they had Spinning Toe hold, and Spinning Toe Hold 2nd can only be done after the previous, then the final and then another move or something.
And I couldn't find the Muscle Millenium for Mantaro, but his Ultimate Move is the Muscle Gravity (against Kevin Mask [anime]/ Ashuraman [manga]).

#20 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:55 AM

The PSP game has been updated. The first three in Game System are the basic game mechanics from the previous games, Battel Mode lists Single, Tag, Tournament and Team like previous.
New things, I think there's a Story Mode Tag Tournament, as it shows you selecting the specific Kinkeshi characters, like Kinnikuman with kinnikuman Great or Buffaloman with Mongolman.
I can't tell what Victory Mode is.
It shows a multiplayer mode with the wireless LAN, and it mentions Kinkeshis (methinks).
Characters and Links pages are inactive.

#21 Liokaiserbf

Liokaiserbf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 05:49 AM

The webpage for Muscle Grand Prix has been updated with videos, characters, system and more.

Link please? Think I missed that thread?

#22 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Interests:I like: Gazelleman, Buffaloman, Transformers, harlequins, Marvel comics, Joker, Watchmen, guro, music, drawing, hacky-sack, Nidoking, mechs in general, warm blankets, Coca Cola, AVP, Godzilla movies, Gamera movies, rendering artwork, cosplaying<br /><br />I hate: yaoi, Naruto, Kingdom Hearts, rap/hip-hop, Future Trunks, baked beans, Mudkips, Hanna Montana, Twilight, lots of other things..<br /><br />Got a problem? Too bad. Run along now.

Posted 15 January 2006 - 06:55 PM

Ok... lemme ask this entire frickin' world something..
WHY IS IT WHEN AN ULTIMATE MUSCLE GAME COMES OUT, I CAN'T HAVE IT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE THE GODDAMNED GAME CONSOLE?!

I have a curse about this...

1.) Ultimate Muscle: legends VS. New Generations - came out for gamecube, and I couldn't get it because I didn't HAVE gamecube... but then one Christmas, I got the gamecube, but couldn't get the damn game 'cuz EB Games was out of it! So I had to wait... and wait... and wait.. and WAIT... 'til it finally came 6 months later.

2.) Ultimate Muscle: Galactic Wrestling - came out for PS2. Well, my bro had one, so we went to rent it and try it out. Guess what... THE ENTIRE DISK WAS ERASED 'CUZ SOME F***ING JACK-A$$ ATTEMTPED TO BURN THE DAMN THING WHEN HE RENTED IT! So, I never did try it out 'cuz shortly after that disappointing day, the PS2 went kerplooey and died on us.

3.) Ultimate Muscle: The Path of a Superhero - I had to wait until I bugged my parents enough to say "yes" that I could get a Gameboy SP AND the damn game. I had the money for the GBSP, but not enough for the game as well. Anyways, my mom said "don't waste your money! Wait 'til Christmas!", so I did, but BEFORE that, I had to surf all over the web to find the cheapest and AVAILABLE Ultimate Muscle game for the GBSP at an affordable price, then Christmas took forever to get here, now I'm trying to figure out how to unlock three of the unlockables (since I unlocked King Muscle)>

NOW you're telling me that there's an Ultimate Muscle game for the PSP I've hated for quite a while now?! Oiy... Tell me how much it costs and I'll see how much I can save... (without blowing it all on pizza every week).

(I don't know the price 'cuz my parents make me live under a rock so I don't get out much. Someone please tell me the price of the popular "portable Carpet".)
Posted Image

AND THE MAN IN THE BACK SAID EVERYONE ATTACK AND IT TURNED INTO A BALLROOM BLITZ!

#23 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 11:46 PM

Pre-order is up at xxxxxxx.com  It's $49.99 plus free shipping.  No idea if and when they'll jack the price up.

:wacko: That's the Japanese game price.

I don't know how much American games are, sorry. It shouldn't be any more than that though, if it ever gets translated and brought out in the West.

Edited by Siya the Barracuda, 15 January 2006 - 11:47 PM.

#24 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:16 PM

Pre-order is up at xxxxxxx.com  It's $49.99 plus free shipping.  No idea if and when they'll jack the price up.

:) That's the Japanese game price.

I don't know how much American games are, sorry. It shouldn't be any more than that though, if it ever gets translated and brought out in the West.

I know, but the PSP is region free, so I am going to buy the Japanese version. I am thinking it's rather unlikely it's going to get an english translation, though I wouldn't mind being wrong about that. Regardless of if it does get translated, I'm starved for a Kinnikuman game, and don't want to wait 6 months or whatever for an english version anyway.

#25 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 03:16 PM

Well, IGN has screenshots, so I guess that's a positive sign towards it coming to the United States.

http://media.psp.ign...089/imgs_1.html

Can any Japanese readers tell us what is going on in that telephone mode? Is that to connect to other PSPs to play against others?

http://pspmedia.ign....10080200828.jpg

http://pspmedia.ign....10080202249.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com