#1 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Living up to my name

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

Does it bother anyone that the tip of his sword is attached to the bottom of an upper hand?

All I have is a couple 29th Anniversary Reissues (flesh and blue).  Unfortunately they were removed from the mold while still too hot apparently so their legs are curled forward (the flesh one worse than the blue).   They only stand with their back half attached.  I'm considering separating the sword tip from the bottom of the hand with a razor since the reissues aren't worth much.  While many reissue figures are great and I think there's some exclusives to the 29th Anniversary set, the normal Satan Cross (A) doesn't look as great as Muscle I've only seen pictures of.   Satan B,C, and D look great though (although the SR MUSCLE still look better).

Edited by Crunkenstein, 21 January 2018 - 05:24 PM.

#2 Mikespaintedminiatures

Mikespaintedminiatures

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:All types of Plastic figures. Collector and Painter.

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:09 AM

Hi, I also have the re-issue version in blue. As with many of these figures some have issues with bent legs preventing them from standing properley. All you need to do is have a small bowl of freezing cold water and another which you pour in boiling water .Place figure in the boiling water, the rubbery material will go soft enabling you to re-position the legs as required, then whilst holding it in position dip it into the cold water to set. All should then be ok.

Mikes_LRG_Forum_BANNER_WEB.jpg

#3 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:26 PM

Awesome!  Thanks for the tip.  I'll try it soon.

#4 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:36 PM

Worked great!   A bunch of awesome figures now stand on their own.   And straightened Planetman's wobbly ring.

Attached File  fixedreissues.jpg   145.57K   12 downloads

Is it safe to do with vintage kinkeshi?

I only found another topic mentioning reissues and MUSCLEs.

http://www.littlerub...cle#entry221166

The way I did it was bring water to boil.   I turned off the burner once it boiled, occasionally turning it on again to bring it back to boil.   Just holding figure in my hands, I dipped the lower half in for 30 to 40 seconds, and one over a minute..   Then holding it in the new position I put it in a bowl of water I had previously cooling in the freezer.   Took a few tries for some figures but got them all to stand!

Now here's a couple that don't need fixing...

Attached File  mammothsizefunny.jpg   106.49K   9 downloads

The red one is perfect the way it is.   The blue one is the most extreme warp but IT STANDS!  And it's staying that way.

I'm still debating whether to use a razor to separate the tip of Satan Cross's sword from the bottom of his upper hand.   I wouldn't do that to a MUSCLE, but I think it might be an improvement on the reissue.  Opinions?

Edited by Crunkenstein, 11 February 2018 - 04:40 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com