#1 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:56 AM

http://nerditis.com/...se-of-violence/

BurningHellTurtle.png

Hey, everybody! Universe of Violence is back!  And it's got a new figure, sculpted by Jimmy Rommel and produced stateside by Eric Nilla.  It's an update of Hell Turtle, one of the classic and favorite designs... but hey, why be boring about it?  Burning Hell Turtle is a massive beast, bigger than the original, and his sculpt includes some flame deco.  He's got that trademark of a gigantic grinning face on his shell, which is always a way for Rommel to show off - and when you compare this with the (admittedly also awesome) original Hell Turtle, you can see just how much his sculpting skills have developed in the last couple of years!  It is available for sale Here, for $22.  It arrives in a baggie with a header card that features some cool artwork:

BurningHellTurtle-Packaged01.png

BurningHellTurtle-Packaged02.png

This new figure is surprisingly large, towering over MUSCLEs, Rise of the Beasts, and even the old Hell Turtle:

BurningHellTurtle-VsHellTurtle.png

BurningHellTurtle-VsMuscle.png

BurningHellTurtle-VsROTB.png

He also comes in several colors, including the one I chose - "Thermal black to pink," which is actually plum to grapefruit (and now I am hungry).  Seriously, when cold/temperate, it's plum:

BurningHellTurtle-Cool01.png

BurningHellTurtle-Cool02.png

Here it is half-turned.  The color change is pretty easy to trigger with only a little bit of heat, and lasts a long time:

BurningHellTurtle-Warm01.png

BurningHellTurtle-Warm02.png

BurningHellTurtle-Cooler.png

And here it is when fully warm and color-shifted (well, except for a patch on the hand).  Look at how bright it is!

BurningHellTurtle-Hot01.png

BurningHellTurtle-Hot02.png

And my favorite, just the heart has been color-shifted:

BurningHellTurtle-Warming01.png

BurningHellTurtle-Warming02.png

The figure is made of fairly hard rubber with soe flex in it, and feels more than a little durable.  Although it is technically an indy art toy, it's really a genuine, fun toy - this monster is meant to be played with, and even little kids will love it.  I certainly do, and I'm glad that I get to support soem of these indy guys.  Keep up the good work, man!

BurningHellTurtle-Family.png

Edited by Ridureyu, 03 July 2015 - 11:54 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:11 AM

Nice review.  I'm not so into the smaller pair, but the larger one is aces.   B)

Love that header card, as well.   An unexpected treat as I was expecting a simple plastic baggie.

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com