Theme© by Fisana

- - - - -

Fan Submissions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Wet Behind The Ears

• Guests

Posted 28 June 2004 - 02:24 PM

I wonder what type of royalties and rights you'd have to pay for Hasbro to allow you to make and release another BB comic book, or something? Or maybe--and this is only possible with a group of people working on it--a CGI animated movie? A short film, showcasing a short story written by a small creative team that doesn't work for or have association with Hasbro?

#2 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 02:48 PM

Hasbro hasn't had the copyrights to Battle Beasts since like 1990 or something like that.

Takara would be the one to ask, however, when someone I know contacted them to ask them about Battle Beasts/Laser Beasts, they had no clue what they were even talking about. So obviously there is a new team of people at Takara running the show and until they decide to reuse the line.........?

I am not all that worried, as I trade 75% of what I make and the little $ I do make covers materials, labor, etc...

A multimedia project like a comic/cartoon, might be a whole other story.

Would you be making it a a true Fan item (no profit)? Or as something to sell?

That would make a difference.

TGB

Wet Behind The Ears

• Guests

Posted 03 July 2004 - 03:22 PM

That's an excellent question. I admit I hadn't thought that far ahead. Which means I didn't really intend for fame and fortune as a consequence...I guess that no matter what the project ended up being, movie or story, that the profit would only cover my expenses in making it.

But I'd like to post some of it on here, with yours and jkaris's permission, but the problem is that my stories are long and detailed. Is there a restriction to how long posts can be in this forum?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com