6 replies to this topic

#1 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 04:25 PM

when it came to collecting muscles as a kid i would always be on the lookout for one that i had never seen before. remember the euphoria (this is pre-poster awareness)when you found a kid with a muscle you had never laid eyes on before and your whole purpose in life from then on was to somehow con the kid into swapping it without letting it known that this particular muscle meant so much to you. Now in these enlightened times we know the muscles, we know how many there were and we even know there names but what makes muscles so special to this day is when i hold a coloured muscle in my hand and marvel at its new found uniqueness. Yes i will be the first to admit that in my carefree days as an urchin i obliterated muscles on a whim (yes even you #224) but when you cast your gaze on a particular muscle in a particular colour something strange occurs. i cannot put my finger on it but i am sure you have felt the same. #193 in purple just looks somehow better than he does in green and #36 looks better in green than he does in some other colour. there is no point to this this post i merely had a glimpse of what i was meaning to say. :stupid:
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#2 Wraith

Wraith

alive and kickin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 07:04 PM

first off, i believe that #36 looks best in red :stupid:

secondly, i always thought that the colored ones were kind of generic but i only have a few so i have a new-found respect for them.
......Posted Image....................................................
Petition to Get Generation 1 to USA
What I'm selling on Ebay

#3 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 07:23 PM

#36 looks better in green than he does in some other colour.

I`m glad You think that!!! (he-he-he) I also agree that certain muscles in certain colors rule, like for me #23 was always killer in green(thanks Johnny!) and purple. I also like #111 and #204 in purple better than any other color

#4 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 10:19 PM

I love the colored M.U.S.C.L.E.'s just as much as the flesh. Just knowing that there are many more out there that I do not have makes me want them all. All the pretty colors! e+

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#5 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 29 October 2002 - 08:33 AM

Agreed, I originally wanted a complete set of fleshies, once completed I did not know what to do. So now I am getting as many colors as possible. I think I have two or near two complete colored sets, and another in the works. I was wondering if it is possible to get a complete set of greens, or reds or what not, I guess we will never know until someone actually does this, so I am working on a few certain colors. How is EAS going on his list?

#6 EASports

EASports

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 03:17 PM

The list is going great! And when I say great, I mean crappy. No one has sent me any info. The only lists I have are my own, Aforbes, and the other web site's. So not much progress has been made. We were able to fill in a couple of holes from the web site list, but only a few. I need all of your help. MUSCLE COLLECTORS OF THE WORLD UNITE! All you have to lose is your SOUL!
"Let's go home"
"We are home"
"That was fast"

#7 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 30 October 2002 - 02:44 AM

when it came to collecting muscles as a kid i would always be on the lookout for one that i had never seen before.

Funny you should mention this mate
my original collection was around 30 figures
that was it , and my only certain memory i had of any figures were
#174 & #134
even though i could remember seeing hundreds of them when i was a kid
i could not remember any individual figures , except for these 2.
i guess over the years drugs and alcohol took it's toll on the brain.
but it's was a real shock to the system when i first tried ebay for
"muscle men " and saw dozens of new figures, i bid on anything even close
to looking like a muscle man figure.
when i won my first lots it was the longest wait i have ever had to endure in my life.

mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com