14 replies to this topic

#1 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:45 PM

Found 4 or 5 TMNT discussion threads, but couldn't find one on the basic action figure line from the new cartoon.

My kids are collecting these. I've got a Metalhead figure for myself (the Mutations version that doesn't have a hole in his palm) and I want to get the new Muckman whenever it comes out.

I picked these up at TRU today for my kid's b-day next month. I think Karai Serpent was found in stores before these two, but I still haven't seen her in my area. Pretty weak that Monkey Brains doesn't come with his helmet. Dr. Rockwell doesn't have his mutant powers without it.

a5837224-d62d-483d-ae52-5a3fc869678b_zps

#2 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:00 PM

The price on Karai Serpent has come down considerably on ebay, so I guess it has finally hit a bunch of stores.  I have never seen it at retail either, but I haven't really been looking.  One good thing about this line is that, at Christmas stock time, it comes to a few stores that don't consistently carry it.  I am thinking about Big Lots in particular, but I think Dollar General and Family Dollar get them too.  I was at Big Lots yesterday and there was a full aisle cleared on both sides ready for the Christmas shipments.  All the existing toy stock was moved to one half aisle. 

Oh yeah, Burlington Coat Factory is another place that will get a big shipment of this line.  Khols too.

Love NBF's shirt with the unicorn and the phrase "Happiness is Friends." 

#3 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:40 AM

I picked up the Mutagen Man from this series a while back. Recently I've had an eye out for Newtralizer, and I think the Napoleon Bonafrog is kind of interesting as well in a kappa-esque sort of way, but I've yet to see any of the newer-wave figures in stores yet.

#4 Spaceknight

Spaceknight

Powerful Living Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:35 PM

I absolutely love the new show but haven't pulled the trigger on any of the figs yet (well, other than Cockroach Terminator because I love roaches). I know once I allow myself to start buying the figs it'll be a slippery slope...

I do really like the small figures in the Busy Book line. They're well done for small figs and (except for the Kraang) well scaled to one another as well. If you haven't seen them, I wrote about them here: http://inanimateplas...tant-ninja.html

#5 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:07 PM

Just saw like 8 new figures at Target. 

Finally found these for the first time in my area: Karari Serpent, Monkey Brains, Napoleon Bonafrog

Also they had these: Atilla the Frog, Dark Beaver, Mondo Gecko, Lobster Shredder, Fugitoid. 

They had 2 Karari Serpents and two Lobster Shredders, one of everything else. 

A quick glance at ebay shows two more that are out right now, though I did not personally see these:  Mozar and Lord Dregg.

Also, there is one more new one on the packaging, thought it looks like he is not out quite yet:  Muckman!

Attached Files

#6 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:04 PM

Muckman is the one I want the most for myself. Of course it's the one that has been on a cardback that hasn't come out yet.

Mozar and Lord Dregg might be only hitting Wal Mart for now. I've only seen them twice and both times were at Wal Mart with like 3 of each on the pegs.

Dark Beaver has been a tough one to find with good paint. I passed on the first few I saw with bad paint on the teeth, claws or stomach design, but finally found a good one. It seems like this wave has cases full of the new figures, because they have all been surprisingly easy to find lately.

#7 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:22 PM

Man, your city must be waaay different.  This is the first time I have seen any of those 8! -- and I've been looking!

I bought the beaver and the snake chick.  Both are very cool figures. 

They are also on sale for $8 -- save $1 each!

Muckman is going to be awesome! 

I really hope they do all the Dream Beavers, but that seems unlikely!

Attached Files

#8 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 24 December 2015 - 08:12 AM

Wow, Muckman looks even more like Toxie this time. I'm glad they didn't go too cartoonish with him like they did with some of the other reiterations. I'll be getting this one for sure.

New Fugitoid looks like EVE from WallE :/

#9 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 25 December 2015 - 04:02 PM

Ahh, so I guess you guys haven't followed the news a few weeks back...

25ph6gy.jpg

#10 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:13 AM

Found Lord Dregg and Mozar at TRU!

Attached Files

#11 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:16 AM

I saw those in Walmart before Christmas, but now I'm seeing them at TRU and Target too.

I picked up Robug at Target last week. Robug is in a new wave with April and Casey in space suits. Really disappointed about Muckman if he never gets released.

#12 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:21 AM

Robug looks dope as shit!

For you guys who follow all these other websites, do you think they will release all the other Dream Beavers? 

What the skuttlebutt on that that tip?

I am wondering if I should try to track down 3 more Dark Beavers to make a custom set. 

What do you think?

Attached Files

#13 Blackrabbit

Blackrabbit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Interests:GPK
    M.U.S.C.L.E
    Blind bags
    Nintendo Game and watch
    WWF classic
    He man
    GITD

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:36 AM

Robug looks dope as shit!

For you guys who follow all these other websites, do you think they will release all the other Dream Beavers? 

What the skuttlebutt on that that tip?

I am wondering if I should try to track down 3 more Dark Beavers to make a custom set. 

What do you think?

I picked him up this month. Still looking for boneafrog and mondo gecko. But I fear I will not find them in the wild in UK. Hardly any shops stock them.

#14 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 03:08 PM

They made another one of the beavers.

61-w66X5OuL._SY450_.jpg

I saw it once at Walmart, but the paint on the teeth and claws was so bad that I didn't get it.

#15 Blackrabbit

Blackrabbit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Interests:GPK
    M.U.S.C.L.E
    Blind bags
    Nintendo Game and watch
    WWF classic
    He man
    GITD

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:08 PM

They made another one of the beavers.
61-w66X5OuL._SY450_.jpg

I saw it once at Walmart, but the paint on the teeth and claws was so bad that I didn't get it.

Should have picked it up. I've not even seen that fig in UK

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com