#1 Rycci21

Rycci21

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:m.u.s.c.l.e.

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:20 PM

I walked into a vintage toy store today in western Canada checking out what they had (looking for an A-Team lunchbox maybe) when I found a bowl full of m.u.s.c.l.e.s. 11 appear to be class B figures and one class A along with a few randoms. Wife was shopping for dresses so I was just wandering the avenue bored to tears. Sort of made my day. Pretty rare that I get to buy figures and don't have to pay for shipping. I have checked out every flea market and vintage toy event for months and have not seen anyone who has even heard of them. I tried to dicker with the guy  - he wanted 2 bucks a-piece (Canadian dollars so $1.50usd) - but decided I was never going to find them cheaper elsewhere (he said he would just put them on ebay if he had to sell them for less, fair enough). Did I get a good deal? I feel like I made out like a bandit. If my lousy photo isn't clear, the 3rd row from the top are salmon.

Attached Files

#2 TMAN

TMAN

M.U.S.C.L.E. HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:Anything M.U.S.C.L.E. TMNT. NKE 6.0 Mutants. Customs!

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:28 PM

Nice find...The class A was a steal!
th_fdfc5f0f35daf26c472dce86f63f9f9e.jpg

#3 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:32 PM

Nice haul. :good:

#4 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:34 PM

It's always awesome to find MUSCLE in the wild (physically speaking); good Lot bro! $1.50 USD for a class A is awesome!

#5 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:09 AM

I'm in Southern Ontario, and when I find MUSCLE it's one of two things:

People who think they're plastic gold because they're vintage. (Upwards of $10 per figure in some places.)

People who have no idea what they are and have a dozen or so in a bag for $5-$10.

Always great to find rare figures in lots! I don't think you could have beaten those prices online. (Factoring in shipping and all that.)

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#6 Rycci21

Rycci21

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:06 PM

I'm in Southern Ontario, and when I find MUSCLE it's one of two things:

People who think they're plastic gold because they're vintage. (Upwards of $10 per figure in some places.)

People who have no idea what they are and have a dozen or so in a bag for $5-$10.

Always great to find rare figures in lots! I don't think you could have beaten those prices online. (Factoring in shipping and all that.)

Yeah, I checked some other selling sites in Canada and the only place I saw m.u.s.c.l.e. listed for sale in the entire country was in southern Ontario but the prices make eBay look like a bargain bin. I'll be on the road again in late April and plan to take a peek at a few vintage stores along the way. Maybe lightning will strike twice.

#7 dylanio21

dylanio21

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:56 AM

Seems like a great haul.

I don’t have much luck finding these guys in Ontario either, especially for a decent price.
The best haul I’ve got came from a friend who just gave me his :p
Check me out!
deviantART

#8 Rycci21

Rycci21

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:05 PM

Seems like a great haul.

I don’t have much luck finding these guys in Ontario either, especially for a decent price.
The best haul I’ve got came from a friend who just gave me his :p

Today my sister found some m.u.s.c.l.e.s on sale at a farmers market near Toronto (she lives in Milton, it might have been there). She sent me some pics and he mostly had fleshies and some other weird kinnikuman figures (they were gold, silver, and not traditional poses). I asked her to buy a few figures that might be upgrades on some of my fleshies that have wear and tear. I can ask where it was if you are interested.

Edit - I asked and the farmer's market is in St. Jacobs in Waterloo. It's open Thursdays and Saturdays.

Edited by Rycci21, 05 April 2018 - 12:25 PM.

#9 Rycci21

Rycci21

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:46 AM

I got lucky again! My wife and I were travelling to Calgary Alberta for a comic con and I started googling for vintage toy stores to see if I could find someone who might have some m.u.s.c.l.e. figures. Google works in mysterious ways and showed me a lot that someone in Ontario (nowhere near Calgary) put up. He wanted $2 per figure and  $30 for the Claw (Canadian dollars). Now I know that's all the money for that colour of Claw but the lot contained 30 figures, 2 of which were class A and 6 more were Class B. They finally arrived in the mail today. The class A figures are the ones on the bottom right.

Attached Files

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com